Post-Game Talk: Leafs > Tampa plus Refs (Woll and Knies are stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
True story
On one trip to disney world i looked into a game in tampa. While we were in orlando the rangers were in town to take on tampa. It was wayne gretzkys last year playing. I called from my home in saint john and got tickets 3 rows behind the rangers bench.

When we got to the arena there was a set up that measured the speed of your shot.we watched as these grown men tried to shoot the puck and it was pitiful watching them. My 12 year old at the time was a big kid and could really shoot the puck.(just ask my garage door). So he got there and was really hitting high 70’s and the crowd watching was amazed, and some actually came over and paid for him to shoot so they could watch him.

At that time waynes last season and we got 4 tickets for 44.00.

Fun times

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Oh I know, I'm just saying that based on my experience (I've been to two Leafs games at Amalie) and anecdotes from friends, a lot of Lightning fans don't know what they are talking about.
Based on these boards, there are a lot of Leafs fans who don't know what they're talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: TorMapleJays

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Thé league knows that if the southern USA teams get the wrong end of PPs they’ll just stop watching. And FAST.

Hope they finally realize Toronto gaining bandwagon fans along a playoff run will be wayyyyy more revenue than a niche US base even in the finals.

The way the calls are this year compared to others, and with the addition of some REAL men to our team… the calls are less egregious than usual.

Still Bs. But nothing compared to Bruins series years
That one playoff game in Boston years ago has to go down as one of worst ref'd games I have ever seen. Nothing compares to US / Canada women's olympic gold years ago, with the American ref who never ref'd again I believe?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Tampa looked like they didnt enjoy getting fed physically last night. Not the same Leafs team. Their shenanigan's are not an advantage this year, and the Leafs look like they dont mind rolling around in the muck!

Part of me says TB is playing possum but they are 14-16-2 since Feb 1st, so maybe they really are a bad team? Another part of me says that TB has played more games in the last 3 years than any other team, maybe their bodies are breaking down from the wear and tear but maybe they are playing possum? Then another part of me says you are a Leaf fan, you do not deserve to be happy, in 2 weeks you going to be in that warm comfy familiar spot of eternal losing that only Leaf fans can experience.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Oh I know, I'm just saying that based on my experience (I've been to two Leafs games at Amalie) and anecdotes from friends, a lot of Lightning fans don't know what they are talking about.
I find there are a lot of Ontario transplants there. They love their Boltz. Lots of Florida Leaf fans too though. Snow Birds.

Part of me says TB is playing possum but they are 14-16-2 since Feb 1st, so maybe they really are a bad team? Another part of me says that TB has played more games in the last 3 years than any other team, maybe their bodies are breaking down from the wear and tear but maybe they are playing possum? Then another part of me says you are a Leaf fan, you do not deserve to be happy, in 2 weeks you going to be in that warm comfy familiar spot of eternal losing that only Leaf fans can experience.
I don't think its a possom. Do I think we will see a more resilient team next week? Yes, but I don't think the Leafs played all that well outside of game 1 last year. I also feel like our top guys kind of own Vessy for his career... at least the last few years.

I prefer 13 wins in their last 33. Sounds better lol.

Reactions: Hellcat

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Luke Schenn was always meant to be a Leaf. I really hope he retires with us. He adds an element we've been missing for a long time. We have seen all of his clips of the way he boxes guys out of the house, but for me, it is those thunderous hits are such a welcomed sight. He doesn't pick his spots either, he just lays the body on everyone.

I have been calling for the the return of Luke to our team for years, and I am so happy it finally came true this season. So nice to have the human eraser back in blue and white. I am not sure how you can hold him out of the game 1 lineup at this point TBH. Just a true warrior
;)

801210900-1-1612913439.jpg

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That one playoff game in Boston years ago has to go down as one of worst ref'd games I have ever seen. Nothing compares to US / Canada women's olympic gold years ago, with the American ref who never ref'd again I believe?
He/she would have to go a long way to be worse than Viktor Dombrovsky, the Russian ref who worked a lot of international tournaments in the '70s. He would call an interference penalty on the player with the puck, or a tripping penalty if a Russian player fell within 10 feet of a Canadian.

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
Play by play are total homers on the other feed.Did Maroon even land a punch in that "Spirited Fight" ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad