Post-Game Talk: Leafs take it 3-2!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Look at the points or record anyway you wish, IMO, the team doesn’t look that good*** in my eyes from watching the games, which is all that really matters.

*** good is relative to expectations.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Was really hoping the team would be "on a mission" but they seem to be looking way up to get back to their 2021-22 selves.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Look at the points or record anyway you wish, IMO, the team doesn’t look that good*** in my eyes from watching the games, which is all that really matters.

I don’t think the team look good at all even last night.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, I'M the one who's embarrassing. :)

Here, I hovered over the OT image for you. That better for you, Nummers?
OK, keep embarrassing yourself and answer the question below.

BTW, I don't know the meaning of "Nummers", would you care to explain what this means to you? I assume it's some grade school level insult which I'm not familiar with as I mostly interact with adults, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Saying a team gets a point for the loss is strange.

They don't get any points for losing in regulation.

If the nhl is giving points for losses then regulation losses should get points too.

Yet they give a point if they lose after regulation. How do you explain that? Why does one earn a point and the other doesn't?

There is no recovering from ALS
That is indeed the sad truth.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
LOL. Sigh. Yes everyone on earth gets that. But it's not called that, is what I'm saying. It's called an OTL point. If a person was interested in looking at the NHL standings page, they would clearly see that column. Here, let me help by attaching it. Do you see it? I know that once regulation is over, we have at least a point. But there are no ties! Its called an OTL(as in OVERTIME LOSS). ffs. :)

View attachment 607593

Your graphic is missing the crux of your argument. :biglaugh:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Oh gosh, this is sadly the world we now live in. Don't get your panties in a bunch, the picture was funny.
I agree. The picture was hilarious.

OK, keep embarrassing yourself and answer the question below.

BTW, I don't know the meaning of "Nummers", would you care to explain what this means to you? I assume it's some grade school level insult which I'm not familiar with as I mostly interact with adults, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

That is indeed the sad truth.
Ya, I was wondering what nummers is too, llol

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Doesn't matter how we slice the numbers exactly, from an intuitive POV, picking up 2 points out of a possible 8 vs Arizona, Anaheim, San Jose and Montreal kind of put them in the dog house in a way that they need a lengthy winning streak to get back to par, whatever that serious contender run was supposed to feel like. The Philadelphia-Boston-Carolina sequence looked promising and then they fell flat again from VGK to the second period of Vancouver.

They also can't score, having scored more than 3 goals in only 2 games all season. So if a team built on offensive strength doesn't have it, doesn't have reliable healthy goaltending, elite defense, etc. what are we going to do other than tread water.
Not to make any excuses for the Leafs but Mon and Arizona have played much better than anyone anticipated and beaten more than just the Leafs.

It won't last but you can face any team riding a mini hot streak and you can lose.

The Western swing was brutal and they should have banked more points.

Reactions: willmma

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not to make any excuses for the Leafs but Mon and Arizona have played much better than anyone anticipated and beaten more than just the Leafs.

It won't last but you can face any team riding a mini hot streak and you can lose.

The Western swing was brutal and they should have banked more points.
Yeah agree with not making excuses but people need to stop thinking ANY game is an easy two points.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I could not believe it .. i saw 2 different teams one for 1st period and then another for 2nd and 3rd .. ceremonies may be a bad thing for this team .. it seems to affect them significantly .. but it was clear as day for those of us at game when Matty and Engval picked up their games da entire team looked better .. shocking da difference

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

thats a you problem .......

the team could double the opponents xgoals and scoring chances over the last handful of games and you would say you dont like the team .... thats fine if u acknowledge your super biased opinion.

Reactions: kb

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
thats a you problem .......

the team could double the opponents xgoals and scoring chances over the last handful of games and you would say you dont like the team .... thats fine if u acknowledge your super biased opinion.
...and if your super biased opinion sees a juggernaut firing on all cylinders that's fine as well

Reactions: egd27 and Racer88

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
...and if your super biased opinion sees a juggernaut firing on all cylinders that's fine as well

well not really ,,,
ur saying u dont like the eye test which is 100% subjective. you could look at facts and get objective view of the situation.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
well not really ,,,
ur saying u dont like the eye test which is 100% subjective. you could look at facts and get objective view of the situation.
That you believe that to be true is your biased opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad