Post-Game Talk: Leafs Slay Kraken 5-1

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Post in thread '[TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retention), a 3rd in 2023 and a 7th in 2024 for Future Considerations.' Confirmed with Link: - [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retention), a 3rd in 2023 and a 7th in 2024 for Future Considerations.
I don't know what was my favourite. Ignoring that the exchange of those goalies last year would have actually prevented more goals, thinking records transfer with goalies, the point projection in the 80s, or what's probably my actual favourite - messing up the math and not even having the "new goalie" records total 82 games. A classic.

• Haha
Reactions: pdson

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
If Samsonov can be consistent with that kind of solid positional play, we'll be alright for the playoffs. That third line was not very good last night. Once again Engvall showed little drive and Kampf has been off for a few weeks. I think they should bring up McMann and see if he can add a little offensive spark to that line.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Do you have a link to that post? That’s one of the most wild predictions I’ve ever heard.
It's like the Easter Bunny, so many believe it and mention it but no one has ever actually seen it.
Not sure if that's weird or convenient.

Nice win.

Good to see Matthews get back on the scoreboard. Hopefully this shakes him out of the funk he’s been in.

Samsonov looks like he’s not giving the net back to Murray without a Hella fight. Good to see.
Team played really well but that was the biggest take away for me.
Goalie played really well.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Could you highlight the prediction part?

uh...this?

The downgrade from Campbell & Mrazek to Murray & Samsonov would have resulted in -29 point reduction and non playoff team and just slightly above a .500 hockey team based on 2021-22 results.

When you replace your starting goalie that played in 49 games and contributed 31 wins with a contract dump player that played in only 20 games and recorded 5 wins on the season the impact on your team in the standings would be significant as they results above show.

PS. Matt Murray is going to need MUCH more than +3.2 GSAx (an extra 3 goals saved above expected on the season) to close this 29 point standings drop gap on personnel change.

PS Matt Murray is at 4.8 in this stat this year and the Leafs are a top 5 team.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
uh...this?

PS Matt Murray is at 4.8 in this stat this year and the Leafs are a top 5 team.
I just see a bunch of meaningless numbers, guessing this is one of those paraphrasing things people use.
Perhaps my definition of prediction is different than others.

@Mess were you predicting that the Leafs would finish the season with 85 points in that post?

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Leafs closed out last night like champs. On the road, they took the play right to the 6th ranked team in the West over the last 12-13 minutes and gave up nothing. People shouldn't be overlooking how important a game like this could be.

Paraphrasing is just creating one's own narrative through the filter of their own bias. AKA - a distortion of the truth - AKA not what was said.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Leafs closed out last night like champs. On the road, they took the play right to the 6th ranked team in the West over the last 12-13 minutes and gave up nothing. People shouldn't be overlooking how important a game like this could be.

Paraphrasing is just creating one's own narrative through the filter of their own bias. AKA - a distortion of the truth - AKA not what was said.
One thing I noticed is that the third period flew by last night. Whereas the Buffalo 3rd was a slog. I think the team's play in both probably contributed. Taking care of business made time fly vs. having thing being made interesting.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
One thing I noticed is that the third period flew by last night. Whereas the Buffalo 3rd was a slog. I think the team's play in both probably contributed. Taking care of business made time fly vs. having thing being made interesting.
That's exactly what I noticed. The 3rd period started and the Leafs were on their heels for the first 3-4 minutes, and then suddenly the next time I became aware of the time remaining was with about 5 minutes left. It really did fly by, but that's what it feels like to have a low event period.

Reactions: Judas Tavares

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That new Acciari guy is pretty good.

I honestly didn't expect him to be much more than a throw in. But he's legit moved the needle in almost every game since he's arrived. I don't think its silly to say he's been a big add.
He's exactly the type of player we needed to add to the bottom 6!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
That new Acciari guy is pretty good.

I honestly didn't expect him to be much more than a throw in. But he's legit moved the needle in almost every game since he's arrived. I don't think its silly to say he's been a big add.
I am loving the fact Acciari has also got ZAR going after he took a dip.

Reactions: banks

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad