Post-Game Talk: Leafs Slay Kraken 5-1

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Was good to see Matthews as engaged as he was. Marner just changes the flow of that line so much. The top 2 lines looked great tonight, hope they stick with those for a while.

Loving how Sammy looked too. Solid night again for him.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Woke up late, only saw from about 5 min left in the 2nd.

*Was Samsonov late getting up near the 9 min mark left in the game? He'd gone post to post a couple of times during the pk sequence with ZAR in the box. He finished strongly, but...not trying to blow things out of proportion, just wondered if anyone else saw anything.
*AM does like playing with MM.
*70% on the dot, impressive and extremely valuable when the difference is this large.
*I understand the desire to improve the D, however I can also see the team improving itself by acquiring a forward of some quality, and size. With what is left of the available defensemen, is there a chance the more modest cost of getting a forward would be better value? I'm ok with ZAR/Holmberg, Kamph and Acciari as our 4th. Get somebody to allow us 3 lines that can 'go' and I wonder who Dubas is targeting.

*Second game in a row where the team played well in the D zone. A few hick-ups, but other than the one shift at the end of the second where Gio and TL were on for 2 min, I thought a good effort by the boys.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I like that they kept going. Seems like a simple thing and Sammy definitely made some big saves but they piled it on a bit and buried some big goals.

Nice to see a couple d man find the net and Matty get 2. Marner and nylander have been unreal. Great games by both of them.

Overall solid win with timely goals and saves. It was dicey a couple moments here and there but Leafs seem like they're rounding into form here again.

Onto Mcjesus. Hopefully a W there.

Go Leafs Go

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Me 2
I even go back to being a Buffalo Braves fan with Maaaaacadoooooooo
Dantley
Coach Jack
Like music
Lots of other things , sports, TV etc better back in the time …
Not everything…
But luckily most things I like
GLG

I got to see Buffalo one time in Toronto with Ernie Dee.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Good all around game by the Leafs. Lets hope Samsonov can keep it going and get even better. Also Liljegren with anyone as his partner is good these days. He looked good with Sandin, now Gio and even helped Rielly look half decent defensively. If the Leafs want to do well in the playoffs he really shouldn't be any lower than the 2nd pairing.

Brodie/Rielly pairing still kinda suspect to me and and I'd rather try Liljegren with Rielly more and see what happens.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
How the hell do we get kerfoot to score then

Stumped you huh?
Trade him
He will score on his first shift against us lol
Good guy , good teammate , looks like he works hard ( not right ) skates all over the ice but didn’t accomplish much , just not good at this game .
Can’t win in the playoffs with these type of players , strictly sports business , nothing personal.
47 as well
And need a upgrade on ZAR who is actually the player who I always thought was like ACcairi when we got him and to me he’s been a huge disappointment in terms of bringing his physicality and work ethic every game .
He hasn’t at all .
Anyway still time to upgrade
GLG

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The third line just didn’t have any jump this game.
Another game like that and ROR or JT should be on the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad