Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Jarnkrok to a 4 year 2.1M AAV contract

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm pretty surprised at how underwhelming he's been.

I know it doesn't seem like the right thing to do, but perhaps a few games in the top 6 will help him.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1 goal in his last 29 regular season games going back to last season. Also 1 goal in 12 playoff games last season.

I know it's not all about goals with a player like him but he is 31 years old now. Hopefully he picks it up soon.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Has 3 points in his last 15 games.

I wish we would have at least traded kerfoot before trying to find his replacement.

Hopefully he looks better because 4 years might be rough

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I actually like his energy. I wouldn't even mind seeing him on Matthews' wing for a few games. Matthews seems to get a contact high from Bunting's energy, maybe Jarnkrok could provide the same. Even a double dose with Bunting on 1 side and Jarnkrok on the other. Give Nylander the third line for those few games. If it doesn't work switch them back. Maybe it's a chemistry thing. Maybe it's a confidence thing. Either way, what better guy to build those with than the best goal scorer in the game. Never know, he could be our next Hyman or Bunting. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: chamchibap

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Remember when the Leafs put Jarnkrok on defense in preseason and he looked decent? You kinda want your bottom 4 defensemen to be barely noticeable out there because it means they're being efficient, not making mistakes. The same logic doesn't really apply to forwards. Jarnkrok is very quiet out there.

In the Leafs endeavor to experiment with 'positionless hockey' I wonder if there's an argument to be made for swapping Jarnkrok (RH) onto RHD, and giving ol' Rasmus Sandin a turn at forward? The basic premise is Sandin plays risky back there but is too far back from the play to generate offense. Jarnkrok has a big shot but is an inert player in the wrong position.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I totally understand why he was a healthy scratch in Calgary. No way Sutter would put up with this much uselessness. Of course we go ahead and sign him for 4 years as he's started his decline lmao.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'm sorry sir, you will need to be more specific. Does this mean you want the Jarnkrok, Engvall or Kerfoot?
Yes, and can you serve it on a paper plate.

I totally understand why he was a healthy scratch in Calgary. No way Sutter would put up with this much uselessness. Of course we go ahead and sign him for 4 years as he's started his decline lmao.
And the modified no trade clause to boot.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Has 3 points in his last 15 games.

I wish we would have at least traded kerfoot before trying to find his replacement.

Hopefully he looks better because 4 years might be rough

What is the expectations for a 2m player? He is getting heavy defensive minutes and zone starts, hardly any PP time. He isn't getting any shot with top players. He has been good on the PK and on a shutdown line. But who else in that role is doing better? Don't say Kerfoot, he gets time in the top 6.

Reactions: Menzinger

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sutter doesn't accept when his players refuse to play with any physicality.

Starting to see why management targeted this player, he's exactly what they want.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

He seems to have a nice shot from RW top of face-off circle.

Of course someone has to pass him the puck ...

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
What is the expectations for a 2m player? He is getting heavy defensive minutes and zone starts, hardly any PP time. He isn't getting any shot with top players. He has been good on the PK and on a shutdown line. But who else in that role is doing better? Don't say Kerfoot, he gets time in the top 6.
It would be interesting to see what successful teams like Boston and Tampa get out of their 2 million dollar players

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

For him to not be invisible every game?

The third line has been trash so I wouldn't say he's playing a shutdown role.

We're paying 2 mil for nothing at this point. Same with engvall tbh

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Bruins really only have Nosek close to that figure.
Could look at Craig Smith at 3.1.
Namestnikov for Tampa.
Hagel Lightning traded for.
Thx. I might check out the bruins to see how their salary balance is structured

For him to not be invisible every game?

The third line has been trash so I wouldn't say he's playing a shutdown role.

We're paying 2 mil for nothing at this point. Same with engvall tbh
I’m starting to think the problem is we have way to many lower paid players and not enough meat in the middle of the roster

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
To me he brings a little speed to lineup we severely lack .. and he looks solid in both ends of ice .. fine 3rd line player to me .. no complaints at all .. and he can move up when needed as he is fast

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

I’m starting to think the problem is we have way to many lower paid players and not enough meat in the middle of the roster
Of course this is da issue and has been since we signed 4 forwards for half of CAP .. surprising to me people just getting it now .. almost every other nhl lineup has much better balance except ours .. and guys don't want to come here unless they can use it to springboard to a good $$$ for themselves like Mik .. really we have no place for any guys like Bunting too .. he is gone next year guaranteed and will get 5M per somewhere else easy

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

Well that and our record with selecting 2-4 million dollar players has been terrible lately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad