Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Jarnkrok to a 4 year 2.1M AAV contract

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This was a pretty out of left field signing, although the Leafs have been trying to trade for him for awhile.

At a glance, good AAV and term is decent. This is a good mid-line 2-way forward. He can move up and down your lineup. More or less Kerfoot level swiss-army knife player.

Last edited:

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
solid guy for the third line who can fill in higher up when necessary

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This was a pretty out of left field signing, although the Leafs have been trying to trade for him for awhile.

At a glance, decent AAV and term is ok. This is a good mid-line 2-way forward. He can move up and down your lineup. More or less Kerfoot level swiss-army knife player.
I think this precludes a Kerfoot trade. They're players in the same kind of vein.

As it is, they've erased the rest of their cap space. For the price of Jarnkrok, I think it would've made more sense to add 2 cheaper bets (guys like ZAR or Milano or Heinen).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Zeke >>

That's a very nice responsible 2-way middle six player who has been trusted defensively on very good defensive teams and has produced at a 20gl/40pt pace over the last few years.

he plays a legit defensively reliable center game when needed, but is a good winger too.

Very nice.

That would be Holl's money gone.

35 in the final year of a deal is literally standard lol

A four year deal for him ends at age 34.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Meh, wasn’t my first pick but not a bad pickup I guess.

Likely pushes Kampf to the 4th line, with potential to move up the lineup when needed.

There’s the Mikheyev replacement, with more versatility

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
seems like a decent deal (maybe 1 year too long) and fills a hole on the team.

But now they have to trade.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

At a glance, decent AAV and term is ok. This is a good mid-line 2-way forward. He can move up and down your lineup. More or less Kerfoot level swiss-army knife player.
Except a bit better on the dot and a bit better goal scorer. More of a center although not physical at all. I like it. He is getting paid what Kerf should be getting.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think this precludes a Kerfoot trade. They're players in the same kind of vein.

As it is, they've erased the rest of their cap space. For the price of Jarnkrok, I think it would've made more sense to add 2 cheaper bets (guys like ZAR or Milano or Heinen).

Yeah this feels like a signing that happened quick because something else is in the works.

The Leafs are capped out now and they still have to sign 2 players that should take up around 3M total cap space.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
at 2.1 the term is pretty irrelevant as he can be moved at that price especially if the cap goes up as it will. 2.1 is easily moved in today's NHL.

Nice move for a middle 6 guy who will end up being more valuable in the playoffs than regular season

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Probably 1yr too long but that's barely a gripe when you are smack dab in the middle of your contention window. It's not like you guys have too any long contracts besides Reilly anyways so plenty of flexibility, plus a low AAV.

Great signing imo. He can probably benefit any of your lines, or at the very least the bottom 9.

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad