Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Reaves and the 4th line manhandled and physically abused Boston tonight.

Anybody still think the Reaves contract was a bad move by Treliving?

Come on, show of hands everyone. Don’t be hiding in the closet now.
Understandable given the two month retrain mid season. Glad its working out now.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
He's definitely in their heads right now and doing exactly as you'd want him to
The guy is a wrecking ball. I had the luxury of watching him often when he was in LV as I watched many of their games. As long as he maintains his composure, he leads the 4th Line into the trenches without being a liability. Every teams needs a guy like him, he will wear down the opposition as he just has a fearless nature about him.

You throw in Gamers like McCabb, Benoit and their entire backend this post-season and you have some legitimate bite. I'm not talking about fighting every night, that's a situational decision. I am talking about guys who just do whatever it takes to win. Guys who say "I'm going to make the job of my opponents much more difficult that they'd like it and the job of my teammates easier".

It was a great pick up. I even liked the three year term even when the media "experts" scoffed at it. It allows Reaves to know this is his team now. You need that in players who are committed to their game.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I donno wtf happened to this guy. He wasn't that good, then he was out for 2 weeks, found the elixer of life and came back a beast
I love him trucking these Bruin plugs

Here’s exactly what happened, my friend - - the regular season is irrelevant. Absolutely meaningless. Especially games in October and November.

Veterans in their mid to late 30’s understand this and use the first month or two as a training camp to get ready for the playoffs when the games actually matter.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Here’s exactly what happened, my friend - - the regular season is irrelevant. Absolutely meaningless. Especially games in October and November.

Veterans in their mid to late 30’s understand this and use the first month or two as a training camp to get ready for the playoffs when the games actually matter.
That's not what happened at all.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Reaves is doing his role perfect.

The only player who stands out as sore thumb is Liljegrens wanna-be 2-way play
Makes Jake Gardiner vs Bruins look like a Norris winner.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The guy is a wrecking ball. I had the luxury of watching him often when he was in LV as I watched many of their games. As long as he maintains his composure, he leads the 4th Line into the trenches without being a liability. Every teams needs a guy like him, he will wear down the opposition as he just has a fearless nature about him.

You throw in Gamers like McCabb, Benoit and their entire backend this post-season and you have some legitimate bite. I'm not talking about fighting every night, that's a situational decision. I am talking about guys who just do whatever it takes to win. Guys who say "I'm going to make the job of my opponents much more difficult that they'd like it and the job of my teammates easier".

It was a great pick up. I even liked the three year term even when the media "experts" scoffed at it. It allows Reaves to know this is his team now. You need that in players who are committed to their game.
Just to add to your thoughts on the 3 year deal, it allows him to be physical. This gives him the security that if he injures himself fairly badly, he will be financially secure, even with a career ending injury

weems

Jul 3, 2008

This type of consistent physicality is the equivalent to body shots in a fight.
As a one off they don't always accomplish alot but they continue to build and build through a 7 game series and if you've done an effective job, you can really start to see extremely positive benefits by games 5 to 7.

A couple more games of this and you'll have defencemen hearing footsteps and resulting in turnovers and poor decisions.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
As a one off they don't always accomplish alot but they continue to build and build through a 7 game series and if you've done an effective job, you can really start to see extremely positive benefits by games 5 to 7.

A couple more games of this and you'll have defencemen hearing footsteps and resulting in turnovers and poor decisions.
He hits their whole body too, just smothers them. I love it.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It's pretty wild how much playoff hockey and regular season hockey are different.

I'm glad we have Reaves on our team.

And any mention of sitting him when an injured player comes back is silly, You NEED the toughness.
It's effective too, look at the o zone forecheck that line is generating. Robby will sit for Bill, Bobby might have to wait his turn, Reaves isn't going anywhere, ditto Dewar.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Yep. There’s no way you let up on this. With enough hits Matt Grcelyk is going to either be 2 dimensionally flat by the end of the series or he’s going to be hearing footsteps like Jake Gardiner.

A guy like McAvoy or Lindholm. They need to be so sick and tired of puck retrievals by the middle and player portions of the series. If it’s not a wallop from Reavo maybe it’s a whack from Dewar, a hit from Kampf. Or Knies. Then the skill stuff gets turned up.

Reactions: weems

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I am elite for the following reasons:

I never spoke out when Treliving signed him.

I never ripped him when he struggled to find his game at the beginning of the season.

James Mirtle and Jonas Siegel ripped Treliving for signing him, and they did a sweet "I told you so" when Reeves struggled. That is why they are not elite.

Reactions: SpaceSpartan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad