Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Funny, his line also scored, so not sure why he’s getting all this hate. I liked his game, one shift he literally smoked three Bruins and we won the puck because of two of them. Seems to work well with Kampf too, no issues with him for me.
I mean a bad read leading to the first goal on shift 1 is an issue.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
So, it was one play. Everyone made a bad read during the game and it was uncharacteristic. They scored too, so it’s a saw off. He had a good game imo.
Felt like it took a while for them to shake that. They had a good third, but that line didn't see much ice and couldn't find much of a groove till the game was over

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Felt like it took a while for them to shake that. They had a good third, but that line didn't see much ice and couldn't find much of a groove till the game was over
It’s the fourth line, I don’t want them seeing much ice? The stupid penalties are what really cost us momentum wise.

The fourth line looks playable to me, they have lots of zone time, which is all I ask.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It’s the fourth line, I don’t want them seeing much ice? The stupid penalties are what really cost us momentum wise.

The fourth line looks playable to me, they have lots of zone time, which I all I ask.
Penalties and that first GA took momentum away.

They need to continue to build on that strong third.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The first goal (Reeves fault).

First goal against is Reavo's (75) fault mostly , he hits a guy vs. covering for the pinching D (Edmundson, 20).

For the 2 on 1, Lily(37) takes the shooter (very Rielly) and the cross ice pass was successful. Shot goes just under Samsonov's arm.

Goal Attribution:
Reavo (85%) - his man got the 2 on 1.
Edmundson (15%) - you don't pinch when the 4th liners are the forwards.
Lily (5%) - didn't prevent the cross seam pass.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Had a good game overall

4th line scored our only goal. He was physical, held the puck better thah tavares did lol on the cycle albeit against 4th liners/bottom pairing

Good game for 4th line and reavo
I'm pretty sure that hit a few years back by Corey Perry hurt him more then the leafs or John wanted to admit. We're lucky he's still at the level he is to be fair.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I mean a bad read leading to the first goal on shift 1 is an issue.

That bad read was all around
Edmundson shouldn't have pinched. Lilly could have played that 2 on 1 a bit better

But 3 other goals went in without his line being on. At least his line scored 1 goal and was the most effective

His hit on Carlo will pay divident later on the series. He's been a consistent hitter

SpaceSpartan

Apr 22, 2024
I don't get the Reaves hate from game 1. He made a mistake that led to a goal against. He made a good play that led to a goal for - our only goal for. Our playmakers didn't set up any goals, but Reaves did. He threw his body around and played like a 4th line winger is supposed to play. Our top line guys did not play how top line guys are supposed to play.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
That bad read was all around
Edmundson shouldn't have pinched. Lilly could have played that 2 on 1 a bit better

But 3 other goals went in without his line being on. At least his line scored 1 goal and was the most effective

His hit on Carlo will pay divident later on the series. He's been a consistent hitter
I agree with you, and I have been a die hard Reaves supporter from day 1. Love what he brings to the 4th line. That said, the first goal in the game is an important one and Reaves was out of position. They barely dropped the puck we were down 1 - 0 on an error play. That's a gift. It's not all on him that play, but there are no excuses at this time of year.

Reactions: fahad203

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Why are we talking about a 1.3m player when we have 23 million dollars in wasted cap space and money with Marner and Tavares. Get those two clowns out of here

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Why are we talking about a 1.3m player when we have 23 million dollars in wasted cap space and money with Marner and Tavares. Get those two clowns out of here
Why are you talking about that in a Reaves thread??

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Reaves and the 4th line manhandled and physically abused Boston tonight.

Anybody still think the Reaves contract was a bad move by Treliving?

Come on, show of hands everyone. Don’t be hiding in the closet now.
He was such a monster, those were punishing hits and you could see the Boston players looking for him. The fourth line lived in their end and Reaves impacted the game. This is the grittiest Leafs team we've had and Reavo lead the charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad