Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ SENS, Saturday Night 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Hey, the Leafs called up Lajoie. Remember his 1st NHL game for us? Scored a goal. Dad in the stands. Good times.
Ahh, Max Lajoie. Part of a long line of young Sens defensemen who were once on the cusp of becoming the fabled "one who would pan out".

Wiercioch, Claesson, Jaros, Wolanin. It's a proud lineage.

Will Bernard-Docker and Tyler Klevin be the next to join it? Only time will tell, my friends.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

1707587284983.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
.....are we there yet?

This layoff is crazy. Whoever made this schedule should be fired into the sun.

ALL teams get a “by Week” around the All Star Break…… not unique to the Sens.

But yes, there should never be a stoppage in the regular season, for ANY reason other than a three day All Star game… and I would be okay if they eliminated that.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
ALL teams get a “by Week” around the All Star Break…… not unique to the Sens.

But yes, there should never be a stoppage in the regular season, for ANY reason other than a three day All Star game… and I would be okay if they eliminated that.

This is true.
However, for some teams their bye ended with the All Star break, but for other teams their bye started with the Alll Star break. This resulted in some teams having to deal with the disadvantage
that the Sens are now are faced with.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is true.
However, for some teams their bye ended with the All Star break, but for other teams their bye started with the Alll Star break. This resulted in some teams having to deal with the disadvantage
that the Sens are now are faced with.
Yes, that is probably a competitive advantage for the leafs and the only way to eliminate this, is to get rid of the bye week altogether and end the season sooner…. Stanley Cup Finals in the middle of June is crazy…. Finals should never end past the 15th of May

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
What happened with forsberg? Did he come off IR? I thought we'd have to waive somebody to make that work. TGOR (or whatever its called now) did a whole session on it on friday.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I am going to enjoy Tarasenko as a Sen... while it lasts. (He should be re-signed imo, not traded away despite UFA)
Best case scenario: traded at deadline for pick(s), he re-signs with us in the off-season. SS wants vets so why let this one get away if he wants to be here?

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Best case scenario: traded at deadline for pick(s), he re-signs with us in the off-season. SS wants vets so why let this one get away if he wants to be here?

Tarasenko will stay here, in Ottawa for the remainder of the season, if he wants to…. It’s not up to the rookie GM, who has yet to make any sort of roster change, of bringing in anyone from another organization… hopefully he makes some bold moves at the deadline…

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Tarasenko will stay here, in Ottawa for the remainder of the season, if he wants to…. It’s not up to the rookie GM, who has yet to make any sort of roster change, of bringing in anyone from another organization… hopefully he makes some bold moves at the deadline

The GM doesn’t have to trade him, so I guess it is in part up to the GM.
Hopefully he makes smart moves bold or otherwise.

Unfortunately the old yeller GM we thankfully took around back of the barn and put out of his misery has left us handcuffed with the cap, and the worst prospect pool in hockey.
Quite a job ahead of the current GM to fix the years of bumbling incompetence, I think he’s up to the challenge.

Reactions: Larionov and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes