Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2010
Just checked his game logs (since he was traded to OTT)

W/L, SV%, GAA

W, 1.000, 0
L, .867, 4.10
L, .875, 5.00
W, .949, 2.00
W, .939, 2.00
L, .833, 6.00
L, .818, 4.02
L, .929, 2.01
W, 1.000, 0
L, .857, 5.02
L, .903, 2.78
L, .905, 3.69

TOTAL:

4-8 record, .906 sv%, 3.05 GAA

Remove the 2 shutouts and you get:

2-8, 0.887 sv%, 3.66 GAA

Those are some god awful numbers. Even with the 2 shutouts they are not starter worthy numbers.

Good enough for me not to start Andy, Indeed.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Huge Lehner fan saying it doesn't matter, Anderson for what ever reason can never make a first save against them or the big save on a break away or penalty kill, Lehner can make all the first saves he wants on them, but his rebound control with Kessel, JVR, Kadri, and Bozak on the ice will be bad news.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Interesting. Why remove the two shutouts? Ah. Answered poorly. Because it suits your narrative is not acceptable. They didn't not happen because he had less than stellar numbers in other games.

While I'm editing away here, I'll say that I agree with Mika above as well.

Last edited:

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Interesting. Why remove the two shutouts? Ah. Answered poorly. Because it suits your narrative is not acceptable.

Didn't know this was a test ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I included both with and without, but those 2 games were also both under abnormal circumstances (one was the first game after being traded, one being the 2nd last game of the season)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If you are gonna try to use the sample by excluding the highest save percentages, try ignoring the two lowest save percentages as well and recalculate your numbers.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
If you are gonna try to use the sample by excluding the highest save percentages, try ignoring the two lowest save percentages as well and recalculate your numbers.

Sure, .903 sv%

Still not good enough to be a starter

For reference, #30 overall sv% last year was .912 (Eddie Lack)

Bigger sample (62 GP vs 41 for Lack), Niemi had .913

Oct 10, 2010
I think if the coach is going to look at career #s for Andy vs. FLA, he should for Toronto.

He mentioned Andy success vs. his former team and was one of the reason's he got the start.

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'm just going to go ahead and assume we lose this game. We always do against the Leafs.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm fine with either Lehner or Andy starting, I have faith in both of our goalies as this year has proven so far. I just found it funny to nonsensically remove two shutouts from a list of stats.

Oct 10, 2010
Just looking at more #s, i am kinda surprised that Lehner only has one career game vs. Toronto.

He's had 54 starts.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Didn't know this was a test ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I included both with and without, but those 2 games were also both under abnormal circumstances (one was the first game after being traded, one being the 2nd last game of the season)

No, not a test, but if you want to convince me he sucks against the Leafs you'll have to do better. What makes those outings more abnormal than others for example? Were some of the poorer showings during times where he's recieved no support? Where's the context? Futile, pointless discussion if you ask me, though Lehner may be due to face them since he hasn't since 2011 or so. Point being, chill. We got two goalies playing well right now. Individual records against specific teams shouldn't play such a prominent role in the decision of who starts. See how they practice, see who's up in the schedule since neither has outplayed the other as yet.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Phil Kessel is fat.

images

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh wow this thread.... lol.

Let me show you how much Andy sucks against Toronto, by removing his 2 best games against them.
Hope he starts and hope he stuns them. such a fun start of the season so far for a team no one gave a chance. its early, but every game counts.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You shouldn't remove the two shutouts but look at the context of those 2 shutouts.

First one: He ALWAYS plays stellar in his first showing whereever he plays, he is on a new team ready to show his worth and he played the best game I've ever seen him play.

2nd one: Towards the end of a brutal stretch for the Leafs at the end of the season where all hope is lost and he faced hardly any premium shots. The entire Leaf team was terrible that game.

Not trying to find excuses, even with those 2 games his GAA 3.05 and sv% .906 lol. I hope he plays and I hope he dominates but I don't wanna take that risk... not right now to a rival...

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Huge Andy fan but i'd rather start Lehner against the leafs. Try something else. We have to change it up. Every leaf games seems the same.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
You shouldn't remove the two shutouts but look at the context of those 2 shutouts.

First one: He ALWAYS plays stellar in his first showing whereever he plays, he is on a new team ready to show his worth and he played the best game I've ever seen him play.

2nd one: Towards the end of a brutal stretch for the Leafs at the end of the season where all hope is lost and he faced hardly any premium shots. The entire Leaf team was terrible that game.

Not trying to find excuses, even with those 2 games his GAA 3.05 and sv% .906 lol. I hope he plays and I hope he dominates but I don't wanna take that risk... not right now to a rival...

I brought this up earlier but of course people overlooked that :laugh:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Why not provide context for everything if you're going down that path? Dat's all. You're giving me a half story.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Why not provide context for everything if you're going down that path? Dat's all. You're giving me a half story.

I will submit my 10 page essay on Craig Anderson's history against the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow by 9 pm

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
On the one hand, I want to beat them so badly that Carlyle gets fired the next day, but on the other hand, I want the Leafs to keep Carlyle as coach for as long as humanly possible, seeing as how he's one of the main reasons they suck.

Damn. Catch 22. I'm legit conflicted now.

Unless they replace him with Tortz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad