Proposal: Leafs - Sabres, Kings, Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Don't think the Jenner or Muzzin trade are terrible either way in pure value, ignoring need. Though I'm not a huge fan of Muzzin at all. No reason for L.A to do this, however.

As per the CBJ deal- CBJ doesn't need JVR. But in pure value, it's not bad at all. Though reading on here, a bunch of their fans want Patches- which makes one wonder what in the world the actual value difference between the two is, because to me, it's minimal at best, save the extra year Pac has. Two flawed players, in different respects, but very good at what they do- and as complimentary pieces.

The Risto trade is just your typical quarters on the dollar, ridiculous proposal.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Leafs - Sabres
Rasmus Ristolainen
for
Kasperi Kappanen
Andreas Johnsson
Connor Carrick
1st

Leafs - Kings
Jake Muzzin
for
Jake Gardiner
Tyler Bozak (50% ret)

Leafs - Blue Jackets
Boone Jenner
for
James VanRiemsdyk
(small add from either side)

Leafs Lines
Jenner - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Leivo
Soshnikov - - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Komarov - Hyman

Rielly - - - - Hainsey
Muzzin - Ristolainen
Borgman - - - Zaitsev

Anderson

Columbus is excited to trade a young cost controlled developing player who wears an "A" for a rental!

I can't speak for Kings or Sabres fans, but they are probably ripping
off the Leafs too.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I follow the Leafs. Don't know if the Leafs are really better off "talent wise" with all the trades.
It really hurts the team, to make Nylander a second line centre this year, a position that Babcock doesn't want him, especially when matched up on the road, against premier centres. And you have put Komarov at centre, a position he has never played.
The trades....JVR for Jenner. Leafs would probably want JVR more this year and the Leafs have his replacements when he leaves as a UFA. Two regulars, Bozak and Gardiner for Muzzin. Leafs would be better off their two guys.
Yes, Risto is better NHLer than the number of guys going to Buffalo.
Lot of player movement, but why?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I follow the Leafs. Don't know if the Leafs are really better off "talent wise" with all the trades.
It really hurts the team, to make Nylander a second line centre this year, a position that Babcock doesn't want him, especially when matched up on the road, against premier centres. And you have put Komarov at centre, a position he has never played.
The trades....JVR for Jenner. Leafs would probably want JVR more this year and the Leafs have his replacements when he leaves as a UFA. Two regulars, Bozak and Gardiner for Muzzin. Leafs would be better off their two guys.
Yes, Risto is better NHLer than the number of guys going to Buffalo.
Lot of player movement, but why?
But why? Because the Leafs are reaming the other teams in every proposal.:facepalm:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
draft day: I don't know how the Kings would be reamed getting two NHL regulars for Muzzin. Gardiner and Muzzin have almost identical stats. And certainly short term CBJ would probably be winning the JVR trade. Not saying CBJ would do the trade. Reaming, really on every trade? C'mon.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1. No
2. No
3. No

I can see why Toronto does these, they make them better. Every other team gets worse.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
draft day: I don't know how the Kings would be reamed getting two NHL regulars for Muzzin. Gardiner and Muzzin have almost identical stats. And certainly short term CBJ would probably be winning the JVR trade. Not saying CBJ would do the trade. Reaming, really on every trade? C'mon.

Watch the players play and not read some stats. Muzzin is miles better than Gardiner it's not even close and the other piece is a UFA at seasons end. That offer is real bad for LA.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
This Leafs fan agrees....Muzzin>Gardiner.

Well, I'm not disagreeing but Bozak was also included in the traded. Just questioned the analysis of the the trades "reaming the other teams.". Don't like the trades fine, but reaming.? Gee, when I see 90% of Tanev, OEL or Doughty to Leafs....that's a definition of Leafs being reamed.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well, I'm not disagreeing but Bozak was also included in the traded. Just questioned the analysis of the the trades "reaming the other teams.". Don't like the trades fine, but reaming.? Gee, when I see 90% of Tanev, OEL or Doughty to Leafs....that's a definition of Leafs being reamed.
Won't argue there either.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
2 dimes don't get you a quarter no matter how many ways you try to cut the pie but than again your a Leaf fan so it;s expected. Hell almost every poster say no to all 3 proposal even some Leaf fans.
All 3 offers are downright terrible for all the teams except the Leafs.

Reactions: go4hockey and Troy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad