Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Connor Brown (3 years; $2.1 AAV)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
with a starting point of $2.1M AAV it would have been great if we could get a couple of UFA years at a little more AAV, maybe $2.5-2.75M for 5-6 years. Either way, quite a bit less than I thought he'd get

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
great deal for Toronto.

Wish this deal got done before the Hyman deal. Could have kept it down a bit.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Indeed, that's a different conversation.

Regardless I pegged that Brown would get a $3 X 3 type of deal so this is a nice bargain for a top 9 winger that can play at both ends, PK, play some secondary PP minutes, and pot 20+ goals

Agreed fully. An excellent deal, I had figured Brown would get 3ish. So this is a very pleasant surprise.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Connor Brown this morning :

horse4n-1-web.jpg

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Hyman contract so stupid. Kid would've played for free. Dad is loaded. All dad wants is for his son's name to be in lights.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What the ****

How does Brown get that and Hyman Get what he got?

Bit of a head scratcher

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
What the ****

How does Brown get that and Hyman Get what he got?

Bit of a head scratcher

Please read the multiple posts explaining contract status.

Maybe it should be stuck on the front page for everyone chiming in with the same thing. :laugh:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Please read the multiple posts explaining contract status.

Maybe it should be stuck on the front page for everyone chiming in with the same thing. :laugh:

People can talk about contract status all they want but one player scored 20 goals on a matchup line and the other one couldn't hit the side of a barn door playing with our best young player's

Add in the fact Hyman got a partial NTC and Brown is being robbed

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
People can talk about contract status all they want but one player scored 20 goals on a matchup line and the other one couldn't hit the side of a barn door playing with our best young player's

Add in the fact Hyman got a partial NTC and Brown is being robbed

this can all be explained by contract status. Don't overthink it

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
What a steal of a deal. Wow.

Asset management like this will go a long way to bringing a cup home.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
People are still whining about and not understanding why Hyman makes more than Brown? I'm not surprised, I'm just disappointed.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The Hyman hit count has to be over 10 already lol I feel like it needs to be stickied at the top that Hymans deal bought out UFA years.

Well Brown also got ten more goals than Hyman only playing about a third of the season with Matthews as opposed to being strapped to him for every waking moment. I feel like this more than makes up for the RFA/UFA deal not to mention dishing out four years for a 25 year old rookie with terrible offensive skills just didn't make a heck of a lot of sense. I'm happy with Brown's deal and it balances out Hyman's but I think its fair to compare them.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
People are still whining about and not understanding why Hyman makes more than Brown? I'm not surprised, I'm just disappointed.

Wow pretty condescending tone regarding a ten goal scorer getting paid more than a twenty, I think people get the RFA/UFA thing but there is pretty big difference between the players in terms of ability and upside that would give ample reason for Brown to be paid more. But keep preaching I guess...

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Brown's making about 1 million less than I thought he'd get. Hyman got about 300k more than I thought he'd get. Not a bad net positive if you ask me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad