Leafs ranked 20th. by Hockey's Future (Not the Kessel Trade)

Apr 1, 2010
Sorry Charles. After going through the past two Hockeys Future threads your opinion is that you solemnly dont care about the expert opinion of a consensus of professional scouts in an attempt to con others into thinking the Leafs have better prospects than they actually do because that would be the only possible hope the management team of Burke and Nonis have to fall back on since they have made the Leafs the laughing stock of the league. Which of course is completely absurd and everyone reading can see how bad the Observor is cornering you into a ridiculous position.

Go ahead everyone. Read this thread. Pretty obvious that some people want to live in lalaland and ignore the truth of how bad Burke has ****ed up this franchise since joining.

Charles is not right either!
And DO couldn't corner a snail in a cube.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry Charles. After going through the past two Hockeys Future threads your opinion is that you solemnly dont care about the expert opinion of a consensus of professional scouts in an attempt to con others into thinking the Leafs have better prospects than they actually do because that would be the only possible hope the management team of Burke and Nonis have to fall back on since they have made the Leafs the laughing stock of the league. Which of course is completely absurd and everyone reading can see how bad the Observor is cornering you into a ridiculous position.

Go ahead everyone. Read this thread. Pretty obvious that some people want to live in lalaland and ignore the truth of how bad Burke has ****ed up this franchise since joining.

Cool story bro...

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Just let it go man. You might as well drop an engine block on your skull.
Did you know the Wild were #1 in HF and #7 in THN? And EDM was 4th? in HF and 1st in THN?

Now to me that is interesting.

ANd THN was really high on Granlund , and had Dumba as the #3 prospect. NOW I wonder if the recent fall off of Dumba,(slow start and not making team Canada) would lower Minny's ranking even more.

On the other side if Yakupov is enough to keep EDM at the #1 spot then I would like to see if Rielly's good start and rave reviews has improved the Leafs ranking any?

Sounds relaxing.

Even if he does improve it a bit, he's still a garbage prospect...well at least that is what we're told by some.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Sounds relaxing.

Even if he does improve it a bit, he's still a garbage prospect...well at least that is what we're told by some.

The two times Ive seen Dumba hes been crap but hey, at least I will admit Ive only seen him twice and you cant make any conclusions cuz I know Minny and The Hockey News scouts have seen him more.

Apr 1, 2010
Charlie then. As for the exchange but sorry you got bested at every turn. Most people would leave but you seem happy to continue.

Does it say CharlieLemieux as my username?

You guys haven't bested anyone. You guys have done nothing but derail this thread so a deeper discussion could take place.

Disgruntled Observer*

When did he say he knew more?

Well, Eyeball has claimed that scouts don't know anything about hockey.
I know it sounds like I'm joking... but I'm not.
He actually thinks that professional nhl scouts don't know very much about hockey.

Apr 1, 2010
Sounds relaxing.

Well he sure didn't sound happy being cut from team Canada today/yesterday.

But this is an extremely hard year to make the team Canada Defense.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Does it say CharlieLemieux as my username?

You guys haven't bested anyone. You guys have done nothing but derail this thread so a deeper discussion could take place.

No but im inferring that ur name is Charles. Im trying to piece together the identity of who this mystery super scout is that is patrolling the hfboards.com Leafs section. I mean you seem to think you know the prospects of all NHL teams better than a panel of scouts so im looking at google now to find out who you might be.

It would be a lot easier to just reveal your name and scouting credentials to me to validate your opinion that you know the prospects of all NHL teams better than multiple pro scouts.

Apr 1, 2010
No but im inferring that ur name is Charles. Im trying to piece together the identity of who this mystery super scout is that is patrolling the hfboards.com Leafs section. I mean you seem to think you know the prospects of all NHL teams better than a panel of scouts so im looking at google now to find out who you might be.

I'm Hakan Andersson.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
That is a total misrepresentaion of what he said.

Heres what he said

"You can trust whatever you want. I know for a fact that you couldn't provide me with even the slightest semblance of an objective opinion of any scout's body of work. You'll hang your hat on it though because it sounds good to you."

WHich seems to me like he doesnt believe these men (or women) got a job as a scout because they knew what they were talking about or seeing on the ice.

Stunningly he doesn't offer anything of his own to back up what I assume is his belief that the Leafs should not be ranked in the bottom ten prospect pools after being the worst team in the league for years. Must be because he has a lot of evidence to support such a silly position lol

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I'm Hakan Andersson.

I would think Hakan has games to watch and no time for talking nonsense on a forum. I would also think Hakan wouldnt compare prospects by comparing their AHL stat lines side by side because I hear that scouts do more than that.

Sorry Charles but I dont believe you!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I was talking about Rielly.

Rielly is a good prospect. Everyone knows that. Why resort to sillyness?

Dougie Hamilton is rated similarly to Rielly but do you see Boston fans crying foul that they are ranked low despite having one of the best defence prospects in their system? No you don't. Because they accept the perceived reality.

I guess its not a big deal when you have a really good team though. To people like me, I expect a way better system since the Leafs have been ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE SINCE BURKE AND NONIS GOT HERE!!!!!!

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Rielly is a good prospect. Everyone knows that. Why resort to sillyness?

Dougie Hamilton is rated similarly to Rielly but do you see Boston fans crying foul that they are ranked low despite having one of the best defence prospects in their system? No you don't. Because they accept the perceived reality.

I guess its not a big deal when you have a really good team though. To people like me, I expect a way better system since the Leafs have been ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE SINCE BURKE AND NONIS GOT HERE!!!!!!

I don't have a huge problem with where the Leafs are ranked but to me being 18th in the "Post Season Pre-Draft rankings", drafting Rielly and Finn, and dropping to 20th in December doesn't make a lick of sense.

Then you see a team like Tampa who doesn't have a prospect of Rielly's calibre move from 17th to 7th after drafting Koekkoek and Blujus.

A little puzzling to me.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
It looks like this thread is circling the bowl one more time. This is why we can't have nice things.:cry:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I don't have a huge problem with where the Leafs are ranked but to me being 18th in the "Post Season Pre-Draft rankings", drafting Rielly and Finn, and dropping to 20th in December doesn't make a lick of sense.

Then you see a team like Tampa who doesn't have a prospect of Rielly's calibre move from 17th to 7th after drafting Koekkoek and Blujus.

A little puzzling to me.

I believe Gardiner (best D prospect) and Frattin (best forward prospect) graduated. Not that impressed with Finn really.

Colborne has been plummetting, Kadri too, and Ashton looks crap too.

I think its more of a dual function of graduations and people starting to clue in that certain prospects are just not as good as previously thought.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I believe Gardiner (best D prospect) and Frattin (best forward prospect) graduated. Not that impressed with Finn really.

I think its more of a dual function of graduations and people starting to clue in that certain prospects are just not as good as previously thought.

I think only being over a PPG over the past 13+ games is pretty mediocre as well.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005

I feel like you didn't read my post closely enough though - we were 18th in the postseason organizational rankings with this group:

1. Nazem Kadri, C, 2. Joe Colborne, C, 3. Matt Frattin, RW 4.Carter Ashton, LW 5. Jesse Blacker, D

Gardiner wasn't included in these rankings and Frattin's still listed as a prospect right now on our page. I don't think he's at 65 games yet. So I find it surprising we dropped to 20th after adding a player like Rielly and a nice pick in Finn.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I feel like you didn't read my post closely enough though - we were 18th in the postseason organizational rankings with this group:

1. Nazem Kadri, C, 2. Joe Colborne, C, 3. Matt Frattin, RW 4.Carter Ashton, LW 5. Jesse Blacker, D

Gardiner wasn't included in these rankings and Frattin's still listed as a prospect right now on our page. I don't think he's at 65 games yet. So I find it surprising we dropped to 20th after adding a player like Rielly and a nice pick in Finn.

Ok so perhaps people are cluing in that Kadri, Colborne, Ashton, and Blacker have very suspect futures at the NHL level. That's what I think.

Apr 1, 2010

:biglaugh:

Most of us feel that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad