Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers - Venturing to the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melrose's Mullet

Apr 8, 2013
If we win tomorrow night we're as good as in. Putting an 8 point gap between ourselves and the #7 seed is just about all we need.

The lines will probably remained unchanged. The only thing different is that Scrivens may start in place of Reimer, as we approach the Montreal game. Though I would rather see Reimer given the wheel from here on out (for reasons that I alluded to in a post in the game thread last night). Someone also mentioned how great Colbourne was at cycling the puck last night. Whoever it was, absolutely spot on. He's a big strong player, the type that works the corners effectively which is essential for building the cycle. The cycle is a key component of playoff hockey. Not saying he'll remain on the roster by then, but he's a nice asset to have in the instance that he's either still here or we need him.

The apparent checking line looks great, but it was just one game. If they can do it again then I say we run it against Montreal's top line (no joke).

I'm not a predictions guy so I'll stay away from that aspect of it. However, I will say that we're gonna come out tough like we have against every team we've played this year.

On Joffrey Lupul: I say we rest him until the regular season is over even if he's medically cleared to play. No sense in risking him getting concussed again and enduring a Savardian crisis to our (arguably) best player.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
We can easily beat these guys. Just keep Nash away from the net.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
I used to agree with you guys, but you'll notice tomorrow night that with the renovations have come new lights. It's actually a much brighter atmosphere in there. I think they installed LED lamps or something modern.

Looks good in there, now, though!

It's about time! Even at the Knicks game its dark.

We need bday boy to shut down Nash and we are good!

GenericFan2*

Stick Komarov and Dion on Nash all night and we'll be golden.

Can definitely beat these guys, and a W would be nice as always, but isn't a must. Gonna be good.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
If anyone wants to watch some hockey tonight, Kessel's sister is facing Team Canada for the gold medal on TSN at 7:30.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Pressure is on them. Leafs coming into their building, crowd can be turned against them with a quick start. Just need to play a good patient road game like they have all season. Like our chances.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Per David Alter

Practice Lines:
White: JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Blue: Komorov-McClement-Kulemin
Red: Hamilton-Grabo-Frattin
Green: MacArthur-Kadri-Orr-McClaren-Colborne

Per Chris Johnston

No sign of Lupul @ practice.

Carlyle loose his mind with that 2nd line? Kadri on the 4th???? :shakehead

the colours really don't mean as much as the press thinks they do.

Looking at those lines, I'd label them:

1: JVR - Bozak - Kessel
2. Mac - Kadri - Orr/Colborne
3. Komo - McClem - Kuly
4. Hamilton - Grabo - Frattin

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
On Joffrey Lupul: I say we rest him until the regular season is over even if he's medically cleared to play. No sense in risking him getting concussed again and enduring a Savardian crisis to our (arguably) best player.

What is it with you and Lupul? You have 8 posts and 2 (maybe more) of them are about how Lupul should sit the rest of the season whether he is healthy or not.

Melrose's Mullet

Apr 8, 2013
What is it with you and Lupul? You have 8 posts and 2 (maybe more) of them are about how Lupul should sit the rest of the season whether he is healthy or not.
It's a topical issue for our hockey club. Does it displease you when I mention Lupul? Have you read my other posts? If you agree or disagree with my post then you should write a response to it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We can rest Lupul for a bit, but not the whole way. We've got to get him and his line and the team oiled and ready for the playoffs.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Is it possible that a couple of team can sort of catch us if we lose tomorrow?

Tomorrow? No. We've built up a bit of a cushion but of course it is never safe to go on extended losing streaks.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Stick Komarov and Dion on Nash all night and we'll be golden.

Can definitely beat these guys, and a W would be nice as always, but isn't a must. Gonna be good.

Rangers will have last change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad