Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers - The battle of powerplay giants.. um scratch that

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I would like to see Carlyle utilize this lineup and give it a few games to develop a sense of cohesion and consistency...

VanRiemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Orr-McClement-Brown

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Franson
Gardiner-Komisarek

Reimer

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
MacArthur-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulemin, Steckel-Kadri-Frattin, Brown-McClement-Orr. Looks like Komarov missing.
Komarov is missing

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
MacArthur-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulemin, Steckel-Kadri-Frattin, Brown-McClement-Orr. Looks like Komarov missing.
Komarov is missing

Maintenance day, hopefully. Let's hope he's not hurt.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
If Komorov plays Sat what about putting him on the first line with Kessel and Bozak. He played first line in the KHL during the lockout with Ovie and Backstrom. I am not saying he will be a 50 goal scorer but maybe that sandpaper and combativeness would be welcome on that line and give those guys a grinder in the corner who has a little finish.

Mac on the top line just doesn't work as they do not have any board presence. With Komorov on the Bozak line now you have a guy on each line that can grind, shoot and pass. 3 even lines that you can roll.

Keep these lines and run with them

Komorov Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kuli
Mac Kadri Frattin
Brown McClement Orr

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Komarov is missing

I thought the Kadri line would move up one. I'd still prefer Komarov over Steckel. I haven't seen Komarov do any of his pesty role in this league yet though. Maybe Steckel is on Kadri's line to help with faceoffs. MacArthur certainly seems out of place in the first line.

Fear The Phil

Jul 3, 2010
Toronto
I thought the Kadri line would move up one. I'd still prefer Komarov over Steckel. I haven't seen Komarov do any of his pesty role in this league yet though. Maybe Steckel is on Kadri's line to help with faceoffs. MacArthur certainly seems out of place in the first line.

Having Steckel on that line would just be plain stupid. Steckel should only be on the 4th line and to be honest I don't think we even need him anymore.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Steckel is there because Komorov isn't practicing. The line needed another winger.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If Komorov plays Sat what about putting him on the first line with Kessel and Bozak. He played first line in the KHL during the lockout with Ovie and Backstrom. I am not saying he will be a 50 goal scorer but maybe that sandpaper and combativeness would be welcome on that line and give those guys a grinder in the corner who has a little finish.

Mac on the top line just doesn't work as they do not have any board presence. With Komorov on the Bozak line now you have a guy on each line that can grind, shoot and pass. 3 even lines that you can roll.

Keep these lines and run with them

Komorov Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kuli
Mac Kadri Frattin
Brown McClement Orr

I like Komarov, but I think that's a bad idea. Put JVR up onto the first line and maybe Komarov can play on the 2nd line (either that or MacA).

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I always get a chuckle when you use this word :laugh:
I hope you are right about Leo.

Also:
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets
James reimer is sporting a new mask in practise today. #tmltalk

YEAHHHHHH.jpg

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Having Steckel on that line would just be plain stupid. Steckel should only be on the 4th line and to be honest I don't think we even need him anymore.

I know, it wouldn't make sense for Steckel to be on that line. He's a horrible skater and isn't very good. He is only good at faceoffs and that's it.

I'd like to see:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin
MacArthur-Grabovski-Komarov
Orr-McClement-Brown

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would like to see Carlyle utilize this lineup and give it a few games to develop a sense of cohesion and consistency...

VanRiemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Orr-McClement-Brown

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Franson
Gardiner-Komisarek

Reimer

This would be my exact lineup, except Kostka instead of Franson (for now)

Hopefully we can pull through with the win. Hopefully rangers continue to struggle early on - but they're due for a win... could go either way

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I think Carlyle should give the Kessel line less minutes. Maybe if they're more well rested they do better. Maybe it would motivate him more too.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I think Carlyle should give the Kessel line less minutes. Maybe if they're more well rested they do better. Maybe it would motivate him more too.

Kessel's been just fine, getting lots of shots and making plays, he's backchecking like a boss too. Kessel's only problem is right now he's a bit snake bitten, but as long as he's getting chances the goal's will come.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Isles meltdown is in the rear view mirror. Time to get pumped for the Rags on Saturday. Gonna have to work real hard to pull out the win here.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Komarov out with undisclosed injury?

From Star...

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

TIME: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC RADIO: TSN1050

INJURIES

Leafs: Joffrey Lupul (broken forearm)

Leo Komarov (undisclosed)

Rangers: Arron Asham (groin)

Michael Sauer (concussion)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Guess i've been watching different games. Other than being snakebitten, there is absolutely nothing wrong with his effort and game so far.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Kostka isn't the problem on the PP. He actually has patience with the puck. Start blaming Dion and Kessel. Dion's fake slapshots are about as useless as they get and other than a few nice passes Kessel has done nothing. He either misses the net with a shot or passes it back to Dion. He is also ****ing terrible at fetching the puck along the boards.

Its time for the big boys to step up. Quit using Kostka as a scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad