Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers - The battle of powerplay giants.. um scratch that

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

New game. Clean slate.

Rangers are struggling offensively, but King Henry is steady on his head.

Burning question that is in front of Leafs nation is: Who will start the game on Saturday?

-----------------------------------
Regarding last game: Goaltending was bad, but our team lost its feet when playing final 2 periods of 3 games in 4 nights, or 2nd in 2 or 4th in 6. Not that I am not upset, but I am not going to keep pointing to this ugly loss, especially if we play like we did in first 3 games (even if it is a loss).

PS: Fix the ******* powerplay.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I have no clue how we will do. Are rested, so might have a chance to repeat the Pens game.

If Reimer (I assume it'll be his start) can be solid then who knows. Will have to get back to playing responsible hockey though. That and praying we don't get a 5 on 3 since it'll kill momentum...

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Reimer has to start this one. Scrivens lost his chance last night, I know its 1 game and all but this is a shortened season. If Reimer pulls out the win against NYR then we go with him from there.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I don't imagine they'll get much rest after Carlyle gets done with them today.
Well I hope you aren't right there. A team plays poorly because tired so going to tire them out before their next game? I suppose if Carlyle wants to tank that'd be a pretty good cycle to follow...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Are they a good team?

The Leafs will beat them.

Fix the PP and we're good to go. They are rested...no excuses this time.

leafspring*

Will be interesting to see how mad Carlyle is today. The line-up will see some changes for sure.

Kessel is playing the perimeter game that caused his slow start/slumps many yeasr,and you would think he would learn from it. I think he is a slow learner. The first game he starts driving the net good things will happen again. Kaleta scared him away i guess.

The turnovers/sloppy play with a 2 goal lead was cockiness,and not laying back to exploit mistakes.The message was clear defense first,and these guys won't do it.

I blame Phaneuf not for the loss but,for the stinky display of Captaincy. Disgusting. He needs to make it disappear this game,and run this team.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I don't imagine they'll get much rest after Carlyle gets done with them today.

That's what I'm thinking as well :laugh:

It's funny, because looking at our PP, I don't know how the team went 2 games scoring all their goals on a the PP and actually coming out with a win in one of those games.

Team played well at MSG last year. Hope the building continues to help the Leafs but no amount of magic is going to help them if they bring the kind of effort they brought last night. They need defensive awareness like they had in the Pens game and if they bring a steady defensive game, it may not matter as much who's in net.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
This looks like a tough game to win. The Rangers are a much better team and should be hungry for a win. I think we get blown out, but I hope I'm wrong... Reimer should get the start and hopefully he has a good game and can keep us in it. Kessel will need to get his game going.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
it'll be b3 games in 4 nights for the rangers to i believe

what we saw last night in the 2nd period alot of teams will go through
the leafs will have to adjust better and play a better stay at home game.

much like 2nd OT in the playoffs
come out hard for the first 5 min. then sit back and send 1 or 2 guys in,make a late push last few minutes of the period
so no jake gardiner or phaneuf end to end rushes, and no unneccessary pinching with turnovers causing 2 on 1s

Last edited:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Leafs had problems scoring on Miller and the Sabres, I can only imagine what's going to happen against Lundqvist. I'm scared.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hopefully the King isn't fully on tomorrow. That'll be bad news.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Are they a good team?

The Leafs will beat them.

Fix the PP and we're good to go. They are rested...no excuses this time.

powerplay, powerplay and more powerplay. First game we clicked then next two we didn't. We need to fix that so it doesn't come back to haunt us yet again.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Agreed with this as well. Every time he gets the puck on the PP, I find he looks nervous and worried. The confidence isn't there. Get Gardiner or Liles over there.

Liles or Gards for sure. Gards still doesn't look defensively ready per say he was making a lot defensive gaffe aside from the glaring one in the end.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
People are talking about Gardiner but lets remember this is his sophomore year and he will struggle regardless of his concussion. Most if not all NHL D usually struggle that 2nd season and lucky for us its only 48 games long.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
No question you go with Reimer. Scrivens got shellacked last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad