Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins home opener

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Nice to hear Gardiner is back! Not expecting big things from him though. While he got a jump start with the Marlies, who knows how he'll adjust after returning from injury and being thrown into the line up. He didn't actually start practing on lines until a day or two ago so if he struggles, hopefully people are ready to nail him to the cross for not playing like his usual self.

If I'm not mistaken, Lupul has had some pretty good games on the scoreboard against the Pens - hopefully the pattern continues. I'm hoping it's a matter of these guys getting their feet wet on the scoreboard that can hopefully jumpstart their offense.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
hopefully kadri playing with lupul means he'll get close to 20 minutes of ice time

mikebel111*

yes, gards is back, we need his puck moving abillity and poise out their
holzer will play in nhl, and be an effective player, but too many bodies we have right now

top PP unit
lupul-kadri-kessel
gardiner-phaneuf

mikebel111*

hopefully kadri playing with lupul means he'll get close to 20 minutes of ice time

he was also on top PP unit in practice
with lupul and kessel
than with gradiner and phaneuf
this PP has the potential to be lethal

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
The photo for the main article on TSN right now looks like Crosby giving Kessel a solid punch in the nut :biglaugh:

107434401-430x296.jpg

Crosby: Lost my stick? GROIN PUNCH!
Kessel: Ughnnn

look at the intensity by Crosby as Phil floats around as usual.. Gee, I wonder who wins that puck battle? (even when Crosby doesn't have a stick)

Daltonbror*

I think the key to winning the game for the leafs is to really use their PP. It has looked amazing so far, really creative plays. I really think the leafs has a shot of winning this game!

Go leafs go!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
cant wait for this game, hope crosby and co put up some points but i want the leafs to win in the end. Hope its a high scoring game as i dont care about any of our goalies

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
I think the key to winning the game for the leafs is to really use their PP. It has looked amazing so far, really creative plays. I really think the leafs has a shot of winning this game!

Go leafs go!

Yeah, the only thing you forgot is that Pens are also 4/8 on PP. If we take penalties, the game is over.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
look at the intensity by Crosby as Phil floats around as usual.. Gee, I wonder who wins that puck battle? (even when Crosby doesn't have a stick)

Dude, how would you feel if you beat testicular cancer, only to be matched up against the league's most notorious ball-puncher?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If I'm not mistaken, Lupul has had some pretty good games on the scoreboard against the Pens - hopefully the pattern continues. I'm hoping it's a matter of these guys getting their feet wet on the scoreboard that can hopefully jumpstart their offense.

I don't know about Lupul, but I believe Macarthur averages around a ppg in his career against the Pens. Hopefully he (and the team) strike early and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad