Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins home opener

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Anyone who watched the first two games should have easily seen that MacArthur was the only one performing on his line, so it's obvious why he's been promoted.

And anyone who watched the first two games should have easily seen that Grabo, Kuly, and JVR have been the weak links up front, so it's obvious why they've been demoted.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I'm all for giving Kadri better linemates, but why would you break up Lupul-Kessel?

Why not roll with Lupul-Kadri-Kessel and Macarthur-Bozak-Komarov instead...
That would be seen as a Kadri promotion and a Bozak demotion. This way, it's only a Kadri promotion.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
sorry you are having trouble keeping up. No I said you should wait to see who is with who at the end of the game and it may not even see game action at all. if it does, they will be back together before the game is over.

understand now?

and I think you meant 180 didn't you?? 360 would be no change in opinion

So now I was right afterall, as opposed to before when you said practice lines meant nothing. Correctiion I meant exactly 360 not a180 sinceyou are spinning out of control by saying the lines will go back to normal after the game, thus they had to change for that to take effect.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Ever since they announced Kadri on the opening day roster, i havnt focused on one other player more then him. Hardly even noticed JVR. Kadri gives me that "good things are going to happen" feeling. Always buzzing in the important moments, always creating chances. He will become a fan favorite, and be around for a long time.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Man I want the Leafs to win this game. Everyone on the radio is saying they're getting shellacked tonight. A win tonight will shut some mouths tomorrow.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Anyone who watched the first two games should have easily seen that MacArthur was the only one performing on his line, so it's obvious why he's been promoted.

And anyone who watched the first two games should have easily seen that Grabo, Kuly, and JVR have been the weak links up front, so it's obvious why they've been demoted.

Man I usually disagree with Zeke but he's bang on with MacArthur/Phaneuf.

Grabovski has been awful and is the main reason that line struggled.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Ever since they announced Kadri on the opening day roster, i havnt focused on one other player more then him. Hardly even noticed JVR. Kadri gives me that "good things are going to happen" feeling. Always buzzing in the important moments, always creating chances. He will become a fan favorite, and be around for a long time.

Interesting that so far he hasn't really fallen or been knocked off the puck like he use to. His body checking is also underrated, he hits like Tucker did - very hard for his size.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I love when people just accept a loss before the game is even played... lol

If games were played on paper, we would already be celebrating the drafting of Nathan MacKinnon. There is a game to play, and there's not sure outcome before-hand.

I don't mind Reimer getting the start, though I think we should be rolling on with Scrivens as the starter, as he's done nothing to relinquish the position to this point.

I like the line shuffling, as we need to get a spark of offense, and not just out of the second line, but across the board. The happy medium between Wilson's "run and gun" system, and Carlyle's defensive system, is one that uses a strategy much like a counter-attacking soccer team would. You play tight defense, and press the puck carrier, in an attempt to force mistakes. When one is inevitably made, it's about pushing forward on the front foot, and creating legitimate chances. If you aren't putting 35-40 shots on net per night, you better make the 22 that you do count.

I would personally like to see us become a possession team; one that controls the pace, and opens up holes and exploits teams tired from chasing the puck around all night, but hey, that's not the personnel we've got in place.

Either way, let's hope Reimer can keep us in this hockey game, and we see some guys come to life tonight. You have to figure that the Mac-Grabo-Kule line will get their act together. Grabo and Kule were playing great over in Russia, they just need to regain the chemistry we know they have.

I expect a physical hockey game from our boys tonight.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
So now I was right afterall, as opposed to before when you said practice lines meant nothing. Correctiion I meant exactly 360 not a180 sinceyou are spinning out of control by saying the lines will go back to normal after the game, thus they had to change for that to take effect.
as usual, you have no clue what's going on

enjoy the game. I'm done with your nonsense

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009
didn't read through the thread and am unsure if it's confirmed or not...but if it is, i'm a little disappointed Reimer is starting over Scrivens...but hopefully he does well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I agree Kadri has been the best part of this early season, always knew he was going to be a player. The kid just creates when he is out there, this is why we drafted him from where he was picked.

Carlyle is coaaching, he's doing what most coaches do. Shake up lines with certain players sleeping 2 games in, we know who they are and rewarding players that play well. Entitlement is gone. About time.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Why do you feel the need to argue over every little thing?

No one cares if you're right or wrong about things that are so meaningless.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
didn't read through the thread and am unsure if it's confirmed or not...but if it is, i'm a little disappointed Reimer is starting over Scrivens...but hopefully he does well.

play riemer under a rested team, than scrivens under a tired team next night

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Why do you feel the need to argue over every little thing?

No one cares if you're right or wrong about things that are so meaningless.

He did, that's why I responded. And when someone says you are crazy for suggesting Lupul should play with Kadri. I will happily point this out when it was suggested they will play together tonight.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Interactif, for some reason every-time I see your avatar I think of Tom Hagen (Robert Duvall) from The Godfather lol.

godfather_hagen_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad