Proposal: Leafs - Panthers

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hmm... because the next 3 years might be Florida's best chances to win and having Nylander might be the difference between beating Tampa/Carolina? There's also the financial incentive for the owner, since iirc, Nylander's contract has been front loaded, so the actual dollars left to pay is quite a bit less. Barkov is UFA after next season, does getting Nylander help in the negotiations?

Stralman was added for cap reasons, and Holl was added since Stralman was added. But these 2 can be removed from the proposal and another player was added to make the cap work
You know, I get your argument but I disagree: Nylander is a good player but he doesn’t fix our biggest weaknesses (2C and second pairing D).

If we were to make a trade like you suggested (and give up the GOAT himself Lundell), I think Laine is more the target in terms of convincing Barkov to sign. What would be cheaper and provide more value would be picking up Staal and Savard at the deadline for picks/Borg

I also view Lundell as the long term 2C solution to be honest although I am not the first fan to fall in love with a prospect too much

Reactions: Anantika

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Technically Nylander can play center. IIRC, Nylander played center in the SHL and AHL, and he even said he prefers to play center, but wasn't given the chance in Toronto. He would need at least one winger who is a plus on defense though.
Huberdeau - Nylander - Hornqvist. Leafs need a 3C who can grow into a 2C once Tavares' play drops off. I guess for Florida, it'll depend on how you project Lundell and how soon he can have an impact on the team.
A player who hasn't played center in 4+ years is no longer a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad