Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers | TUE Feb. 4, 2014 | 7:30pm ET, SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
but I think Timmy will be playin:(

I hope so, he played awful against the Blue Jackets. His style was always Reimer like to a degree. He'd make a lot of saves, some in spectacular fashion, but with his unorthodox style he lets out a lot of rebounds. Without Boston's strong defense to shelter him, it's fairly easy to cash in on those.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I hope they put him in for the Florida game, to let him get a feel of the ice for a bit... then keep him out of the next few.

Hopefully Ashton and Holland will be back for TB and Vancouver.

Can't believe Clarkson has been out for so long. I really feel for the guy this season. Still have hope he'll turn it around, this season could not have went worse for him. He was really turning it around when he got injured, too. Of course, half of you will respond with our record without him in the lineup... to which I respond with a laugh and our record with/without Colby Armstrong in the lineup. It's all a coincidence at this point.

Yeah couldn't have gone any worse than it has for Clarkson. Only way this season can be somewhat turned around and looked as a positive is if he has a great playoff run and leads this team to a couple of series wins. Other than that this year should be thrown out the window...and to think we have him for another 6 years.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Reim-Time?

please.

stare-down-o.gif

Bernier is our #1. We play him like every other team plays their starting goalie.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Man the Leafs are rolling I really hope they don't **** the bed in Florida by relaxing and taking it easy. Although if someone said would you lose these 2 games to destroy the Canucks on Saturday I would say deal!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Man the Leafs are rolling I really hope they don't **** the bed in Florida by relaxing and taking it easy. Although if someone said would you lose these 2 games to destroy the Canucks on Saturday I would say deal!

You would? I wouldn't. I'd rather have 4 points than 2.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Per Twitter:

- Holland, Ashton, Smith out vs. FLA

- JvR has the flu and didn't practice, but may fly to Florida on his own, but his status is uncertain vs. FLA

- Clarkson is probable vs. FLA

- Smithson replaced McKegg on roster, McClemment replaced him on third line with Smithson the 4th C

- One reporter mentioned that Bolland looked really uncomfortable today

- FLA/TB roadie is the annual father-son trip

leafstilldeath*

Per Twitter:

- JvR has the flu and didn't practice, but may fly to Florida on his own, but his status is uncertain vs. FLA

- Smithson replaced McKegg on roster, McClemment replaced him on third line with Smithson the 4th C

First just keep winning boys.

Second, clarktard should be left on IR or in pressbox. No need to mess with the good thing we have going.

Without Clarkson, Leafs are 13-4-1
With Clarkson, Leafs are 17-17-5

Keep that scrub out of the team!

DemLeafs

Oct 28, 2013

Second, clarktard should be left on IR or in pressbox. No need to mess with the good thing we have going.

Dude what is your issue? This is the third thread you've posted that in. And 'clarktard'? Really?

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011

Repeating that pointless stat in every thread is pretty damn annoying. Tampa is 2nd in the division without Tampa... keep him out!

Not to mention we have 4 players injured or sick... somebody is coming in.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

New material is needed. Kessel scoring at an insane pace has more to do with the team than anything.

Those player-to-team record correlations are never accurate.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Per Twitter:

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Clarkson probably replaces JvR if hes still sick. Wrong wing, but should be fine for a game.

I'd stick Raymond up there and let Clarkson work back slowly.

Clarkson was on the 1st PP unit in practice though with jvr out so we might see that too.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I'd stick Raymond up there and let Clarkson work back slowly.

Clarkson was on the 1st PP unit in practice though with jvr out so we might see that too.
That line would suddenly suck if you throw Raymond there... where is the net presence? You have 2 wingers on the perimeter and Bozak

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Per Twitter:

Disagree with this decision .. McKegg looked fine in a limited role on Saturday, still needs seasoning in the minors (his skating isn't NHL calibre yet) but give him sheltered minute again .. If the Leafs can open a 2-3 goal lead in the latter half of the game, give him more time .. Otherwise use McClement on the third line

Smithson isn't that much more of an upgrade than McKegg

Last edited by a moderator:

780rx

May 4, 2013
Could Lupul not sub in for JVR and have clarkson take a spot on the second line?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am really not feeling Clarkson's return. We have been playing really without him. Just because he makes 5+ doesn't mean he should be guaranteed a spot.

The kids are playing their you know what off, I would hate to see being replaced by this guy.

I know some posters are defending him, winning does that. Don't forget how bad he was and he is.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Could Lupul not sub in for JVR and have clarkson take a spot on the second line?

Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin are finally starting to click again, don't break that up.

Clarkson - Bozak - Kessel is a fine line. When JVR comes back Clarkson moves down to the 3rd line.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
That line would suddenly suck if you throw Raymond there... where is the net presence? You have 2 wingers on the perimeter and Bozak

It's one game most likely so I don't see the issue. If there's one thing that's been proven since Phil got here is that it doesn't really matter who he plays with, he manages to make an impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad