GDT: Leafs @ Panthers - Thursday 7pm - Amerant Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hopefully we get a bounce back game from Samsonov (assuming he's in) and a few players. I'd be looking at a bit of a shake up in the lines and pairings as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocker13 and Buds17

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Damn, you got me excited for a second I thought the game was tonight!

With Gudas gone and Bennett hiding on the IR, not sure who Reavos will have to pound on.
Sorry about that. I added Thursday to the title.

I didn't know about Bennett, that's too bad.
We'll have to settle for someone beating up Tkachuk.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Panthers are not a super fast team, so Domi may be able to keep up and contribute.
Keefe has got to find away of increasing the positive affect on the game by Minten, Knies line.
To-date they have been neutral, not harmful, yet not positive. I don't expect domination, but Knies would have had a greater affect playing on line 1 or 2, which was all our thoughts in the off season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Panthers are not a super fast team, so Domi may be able to keep up and contribute.
Keefe has got to find away of increasing the positive affect on the game by Minten, Knies line.
To-date they have been neutral, not harmful, yet not positive. I don't expect domination, but Knies would have had a greater affect playing on line 1 or 2, which was all our thoughts in the off season.

Isn't that the minimum you want from them? Just not being a negative but playing well enough to be alright and developing? They aren't getting super low or easy minutes, they seem to be used a decent amount. Minten in particular had 2-3 golden chances last game he didn't cash in on.

Domi probably needs time to settle it out, not everyone starts off hot or great. But Domi has always been a very inconsistent player that is terrible defensively. He's not this energetic physical presence that people perceive because of his dad. He's a great playmaker with pretty good hands and eventually it'll show up.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Agreed. Split the rookies up. I would try.

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Tavares Nylander
Domi Minten Jarnkrok
Gregor Kampf Reaves.

Would mind seeing if Knies and Matthews developed some good chemistry over the summer but then at the same time, I'd like to keep Bertuzzi on that line in case players try going after Matthews and Marner. At least we know Bertuzzi will stand up for guys.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Domi will probably get a couple of points in this one to quell the overreactions.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He gets one point, and he's at 0.5 PPG for us. That's kind of who he is... just over half a point per game offensively (0.5-0.65PPG), while not providing much defensively, or in any other way. Those expecting more, will be disappointed.
+1

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It is, but I bet they would prefer to go to Minny, Winnipeg and Alberta in October and save Florida for January.
They have a California trip in January as well as Western Canada.
They don't go to Minnesota this year, play them in Sweden.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Hopefully this will inspire them to wake up a bit after a lacklustre outing Monday.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No Ekblad, no Montour no Bennett, I'm assuming Samsonov is going again, hopefully he can pull his head out of his ass so they don't need a minimum of 5 to win.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad