Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Ottawa ACC 2.0 on 19th Sep Mod Warning Post #116

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterBud

May 15, 2010
Going to be at the game tomorrow. May just be a preseason game but a win against the Sens is always good.

BURN THE BOATS!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
To be fair, they got a kings ransom for him.

Some would say they got a ducks ransom ;)

Going to be at the game tomorrow. May just be a preseason game but a win against the Sens is always good.

BURN THE BOATS!

I was at the game where Kadri scored his hatty against Ottawa where we won 4-0. Safe to say barring an amazing game, it will probably be the best I will ever feel about a regular season game. Just perfect, I couldn't imagined the squished car ride on the way back to Toronto if we lost lol

Penalty Kill Icing*

Roster vs. TO: Anderson, Lawson in goal; Methot, Phillips, Wideman, Wiercioch, Claesson and Karlsson on defence. #Sens
Ryan, Michalek, Prince, Greening, Spezza, Petersson, Neil, Kassian, Pageau, Schneider, Grant and Zibnejad up front vs. Leafs. #Sens

Sens dressing their big guns for tomorrow's game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Sens Official Roster for tommorrow (with my best guess at their actual lineup):

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan (1st line)
Greening - Zibanejad - Neil (3rd line)
Prince - Pageau - Petersson (scoring callups line)
Schneider - Grant - Kassian (gritty depth callups line)

Methot - Karlsson (1st pair)
Phillips - Wiercioch (2nd/3rd pair)
Wideman - Claesson (gritty depth callups pair)

Anderson (#1 goalie)
Lawson (#3 goalie)

Key Missing Players:

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher (2nd line)
Condra - Smith - XXXX (4th line)

Cowen - Corvo/Gryba (2nd/3rd pair)

Lehner (#2 goalie)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Honestly after reading through the sens board i cant wait for the REGULAR season to start. Majority of their members heads are stuck all the way up their *****. Marking "October 5th" on all my calendars

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Honestly after reading through the sens board i cant wait for the REGULAR season to start. Majority of their members heads are stuck all the way up their *****. Marking "October 5th" on all my calendars
My brother (a Leafs fan) is getting married to a Sens fan that day in Ottawa and has been lobbying to have the game on at the wedding :laugh:

BayStreetBullies*

Some would say they got a ducks ransom ;)

xMtDh.gif

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i thought most rookies play in the lineups

but other than the first game, most of the big guns for each team are playing

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Always good.

My buddy is a Flames fan and he was reading some Ottawa board GDT for a Flames - Sens preseason game because it wasn't televised. He showed me some of the posts they made once the Flames started fighting them. Their fans are genuinely terrified of playing Toronto.

Is that a joke?

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
You're supposed to coddle players now. You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by telling them to backcheck and play a little defense here and there. Poor bobby. Sounds like he still has a hate on for Carlyle.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
You're supposed to coddle players now. You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by telling them to backcheck and play a little defense here and there. Poor bobby. Sounds like he still has a hate on for Carlyle.

Didn't Lupul basically share the same sentiments when Carlyle was hired? He was a tough coach but made them a better player?

Mr Scarface*

Sens Official Roster for tommorrow (with my best guess at their actual lineup):

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan (1st line)
Greening - Zibanejad - Neil (3rd line)
Prince - Pageau - Petersson (scoring callups line)
Schneider - Grant - Kassian (gritty depth callups line)

Methot - Karlsson (1st pair)
Phillips - Wiercioch (2nd/3rd pair)
Wideman - Claesson (gritty depth callups pair)

Anderson (#1 goalie)
Lawson (#3 goalie)

Key Missing Players:

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher (2nd line)
Condra - Smith - XXXX (4th line)

Cowen - Corvo/Gryba (2nd/3rd pair)

Lehner (#2 goalie)

To me that Senator lineup looks pretty ****in soft and mellow. Look at that D.... LOL. We are the better team and much more tougher.

They have some nice speed but we do too. We are tougher and more intimidating at dating.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
To me that Senator lineup looks pretty ****in soft and mellow. Look at that D.... LOL. We are the better team and much more tougher.

They have some nice speed but we do too. We are tougher and more intimidating at dating.
Don't really see what's so funny about that D
Tougher and more intimidating doesn't mean better at hockey which is what really matters.

Mr Scarface*

Don't really see what's so funny about that D
Tougher and more intimidating doesn't mean better at hockey which is what really matters.
Karlsson can't play D almost at all, he plays offensive minded game and gets scored at his own end-a-lot.
Phillips is getting older and slower and more stupider. He will be scored a lot. Loads of goals. That D is just so stupid and soft... I'm amazed their manager hasn't gottten them any harder players defending the net. Their goalies will be in huge troubles next season. Can't wait. We might win every game against them next season. They are so lousy. Selling that Alfie and all.... laughable really. Horrible managing.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
It's just not the same when there's no Alfredsson to boo :(

we can still boo the pseudo alfy role, being held by spezza, then maybe through quantum entanglement it would be like boo'ing alfy himself!

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Karlsson can't play D almost at all, he plays offensive minded game and gets scored at his own end-a-lot.
Phillips is getting older and slower and more stupider. He will be scored a lot. Loads of goals. That D is just so stupid and soft... I'm amazed their manager hasn't gottten them any harder players defending the net. Their goalies will be in huge troubles next season. Can't wait. We might win every game against them next season. They are so lousy. Selling that Alfie and all.... laughable really. Horrible managing.

Cowen, Methot, and the more stupider Phillips can hold their own in front of the net.

To other leaf fans, where does Stuart Percy fit in on the blue line? He impressed me in the rookie tournament and was wondering what type of player you see him as in his prime.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
I completely disagree.
Karlsson had a 1.94 GA/60 last season, better than any Leafs dman
Methot is also the perfect partner to play with him.

You mention the aging Phillips but conveniently don't mention Cowen or Wiercoich..
What says their goalies will be in trouble? They're a better team than they were last year and have two more than capable goalies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

His comments are a bit conflicting. He did give Carlyle credit for making him a better player and took ownership of the fact that he shouldn't have made the situation personal but the odd thing is that he said that it's not like they'll be exchanging hellos. Saying hello to someone is such a basic common courtesy that if a relationship is strained enough that you can't even exchange a simple hello with the other person, then you probably are still holding a grudge more than you think.

EmeraldBear

Sep 8, 2013
Seattle WA
Finally a Leafs game on NHLN US :)
Can't wait for it. Even though it's just preseason, the excitement of having hockey back means that doesn't matter :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00