Speculation: Leafs open to moving 1st rd pick

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I would rather pick. Leafs will need ELC contributing players in the future with a flat cap.

Im assuming the need is a top 4 young cost controlled D.

Oddly I like the D prospects available around that pick so I’d rather not move it. Fabbro, Mcavoy both picked around this Mark not too long ago. With scouting improving they could grab a good player. Not saying it’s Mcavoy level but still

I’d love Schneider personally

Last edited:

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
It would have to be for someone that will help on the back end. Pluses on the first wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. Though, like another poster mentioned, I'd like to actually draft a good prospect. The cupboards on the leafs prospects are pretty thin.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think the devils would be interested in moving their 20th pick up to 15th I just don't know the leafs wants.

1. a deal centered around a cap dump

Miles Wood + Will butcher +20th pick
for
15th pick + AHL level players or cap dump

Miles Wood is a speed demon player and could be the Leo Kamorov like player I think you guys have been missing and With better teammates on the leafs I believe butcher would get back to his 44 point rookie season.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I think the devils would be interested in moving their 20th pick up to 15th I just don't know the leafs wants.

for

Miles Wood is a speed demon player and could be the Leo Kamorov like player I think you guys have been missing and With better teammates on the leafs I believe butcher would get back to his 44 point rookie season.
The devils are not trading a solid nhl defenseman and an okay forward to move up a few spots.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There will be some nice prospects available at #15. Will Dubas be able to delay gratification and keep the pick, or will he feel that he has to make a move to ensure that the Leafs win a playoff series in the next 2-3 years? A 2020 #15 draft pick won't help there.

My point is that what is good for Dubas, and what is good for the Leafs, long term, might not be the same thing. I think Dubas is fired if the Leafs don't win a series next year...21-22 at the latest.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The devils are not trading a solid nhl defenseman and an okay forward to move up a few spots.
We have a huge glut of prospects that show promise and look like they can preform to the level that those two players are at in the lineup.

my deal might be a bit favoring to the leafs but it is hard to do trades with teams at the salary cap.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018

for

I dont get it. The only physical player the Devils have u wanna trade him. They gonna ragdoll the Devils Whos gonna fight back.? The team is super soft as it is.. Hughes Bratt and Nico will be targeted whos gonna show up and fight

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I dont get it. The only physical player the Devils have u wanna trade him. They gonna ragdoll the Devils Whos gonna fight back.? The team is super soft as it is.. Hughes Bratt and Nico will be targeted whos gonna show up and fight
probably the glut of 3rd line prospects we have that will be fighting for a spot this upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad