Value of: Leafs need a goalie for the playoffs

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Oh I agree and have said the moment the North division was formed that the Leafs were gifted a final 4.
The leafs don't get any gifts. We will have to earn a shot at the final 4. A lot of good teams in the North. No one to beat up on and pad the wins.

Reactions: NitroF

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I wonder if Florida would part with Driedger for a 1st. He's a UFA after this season. May be a bit steep for an unproven but very promising goalie.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Kuemper would be a great target but im not trading Amirov for him. i would think about our 1st though

As a Leaf fan, not sure I'd move Amirov -- but I do believe the concept of Kuemper to Toronto makes some sense.

Get Arizona to retain; and it solves a lot of the Leafs cap issues for next year. Send Andersen back to Arizona; who may in turn flip him to be a team's #2 option.

Biggest challenge of course would be the expansion draft, as right now the Leafs would be theoretically slated to lose Dermott... this would put Campbell in play; and that's problematic considering Kuemper's injury history.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
I’d do Kuemper at 50% retention for Rodion Amirov. Toronto gets an elite goalie signed through next season at a negligible CapHit.

Isn't he still injured with no timeframe on his return. Certainly not trading valuable assets for a goalie that is in the same situation as Andersen.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
As a Leaf fan, not sure I'd move Amirov -- but I do believe the concept of Kuemper to Toronto makes some sense.

Get Arizona to retain; and it solves a lot of the Leafs cap issues for next year. Send Andersen back to Arizona; who may in turn flip him to be a team's #2 option.

Biggest challenge of course would be the expansion draft, as right now the Leafs would be theoretically slated to lose Dermott... this would put Campbell in play; and that's problematic considering Kuemper's injury history.

I believe that's why Hutch was signed for two years. He's our expansion goalie candidate.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Sabres might be looking to move Ullmark if he's not interested in an extension to stay in Buffalo.

.916%SV on this dumpster fire. Worth a 1st+?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I believe that's why Hutch was signed for two years. He's our expansion goalie candidate.

Yes, that's why Hutch got a 2-year deal.

However, you can still only protect 1 goalie... if the Leafs acquire Kuemper, either he or Campbell would be in play from an expansion standpoint... and as I mentioned, with Kuemper's injury history, you really can't afford to lose Campbell.

Reactions: meefer

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wonder if Florida would part with Driedger for a 1st. He's a UFA after this season. May be a bit steep for an unproven but very promising goalie.
You guys would pay a first for him? how about a Georgiev for a second or 3rd?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

However, you can still only protect 1 goalie... if the Leafs acquire Kuemper, either he or Campbell would be in play from an expansion standpoint... and as I mentioned, with Kuemper's injury history, you really can't afford to lose Campbell.
I really doubt Seattle take Campbell. He would be a 29 year old career backup 1 year away from unrestricted free agency. I like soupy and think their could be some untapped potential there but it would be poor asset management for the Kraken to take him over a young Dman with years of team control like Dermot.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I really doubt Seattle take Campbell. He would be a 29 year old career backup 1 year away from unrestricted free agency. I like soupy and think their could be some untapped potential there but it would be poor asset management for the Kraken to take him over a young Dman with years of team control like Dermot.

They are going to need a couple of goalies. Vegas took Pickard and JF Berube.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

Thx for the lesson, teach :thumbu:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
giphy.gif

This made me want to watch this movie. He's so funny in this.

Reactions: tom leafers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad