Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well we don’t have a 1st or 2nd in the 25 draft, so not too many picks left to trade away. Lol

that trash can dubas already traded our 2nds away from 2024 to 2026. We do have a 1st for 2024. We can try and get a late 1st at TDL by doing full 50% retention on either Domi, Bert, Brodie, etc... Some desperate team will pay that 1st.

We need to retool

1707187890105.png

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This team isn't that good this season.

Whether its bad signings from Treliving, underperformance from some high paid vets or just generally bad hockey, we're now pretty far into the season and this team still cant figure it out.

We are not one defencemen away and shouldn't be giving up a first rounder at the deadline.

Reactions: leafs in five

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Ehh not that much really, other than the dunces...JT hate has been played out for awhile now. We know our team is pretty trash that gets buoyed by Sorokin when he's not exhausted(like tonight thanks to the break).

Best of luck the rest of the way, at least you guys will make the playoffs.

When Keefe is the coach, we all expect the unexpected

Reactions: Cleetus

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Playing rope a dope this year, everyone sleeps on these Buds, and blammo, Stanley Cup parade
that's the spirit! I need dome humour after shite like this tonight. Fack - I hate everybody right now and the worst is our GM except he's not the worst, the guy who would hire such a horrible GM has to be worst. Our D is in shambles, we need at least 3 competent D to replace what we ice right now. JT can go fackin' take a walk into Lake Ontario. Bertuzzi -ffs I think he's actually trolling us. What a dumpster fire - good job Trei... your GM skills is about as good as the food at your pappy's shite restaurant

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
that trash can dubas already traded our 2nds away from 2024 to 2026. We do have a 1st for 2024. We can try and get a late 1st at TDL by doing full 50% retention on either Domi, Bert, Brodie, etc... Some desperate team will pay that 1st.

We need to retool

View attachment 815163

most likely if you want to trade domi, bert, or brodie we'd be the ones giving up a first. need to really sweeten the pot for turds like that.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
It's bad when Benoit is the only Dman that doesn't make me nervous. I'm a fan of Rielly and Liljegren but they need to be better. McCabe I like defensively but when the puck is on his stick I'm just waiting for a bad pass. This team needs an upgrade back there. I don't know how they're going to be able to do it but they either need to decide if they're going to buy a D or 2 or sell the guys who will be FAs.

Reactions: rumman

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Breakaway: Samsonov's fault
Giveaway into a one timer into a man alone in front of the net: Samsonov's fault

OPEN YOUR f***ING EYES. This is a coaching issue first and foremost and a lack of investment in the defence secondary.

Samsonov has had bad games, this was not one of them.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
good betting night bet the usual against the leafs

1. opponent vs career goal ✔️ Maclean
2. Former Leafs scoring ✔️ Engvall
3. The guy hasn't scored in a long time ✔️ Engvall 19 games

Always the same shit with the leafs

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
most likely if you want to trade domi, bert, or brodie we'd be the ones giving up a first. need to really sweeten the pot for turds like that.

they are all pending UFAs (bert has a NMC/NTC I think but he can be convinced easily IMO for that UFA deal where he can go somewhere else and prove that he's worth more).

Mohanan got a 1st +++ ffs, I am pretty sure if we retain 50% on all of them we can at least get one 1st rounder and a few 2nd rounders

Reactions: Cleetus

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Turned it off after the Leafs tied it because I wanted to end on that high.

Not surprised they lost and blew another game late in the third
It’s sad that the Leafs simply tying a game up is what gives us a high

I didn’t even celebrate that goal because we all knew the outcome

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This team has no structure in either end.

Get the puck to a player making over 10M and hope they can create something is the game plan.

Marner hasn't been himself all season outside of maybe a few games at the most. Not sure what happened to him.

Leafs have consistently ranked bottom 10 in points and shots from the D. It is really easy to defend against such a predictable system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad