Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
There can’t be anyone here that still thinks this team is anywhere close to a contender…….is there?
There is. It's unfortunate, they call it passion but to me it's just being blind.

It's like after a relationship when the rose colored glasses come off, and you realize all that was wrong with the relationship that you just couldn't see because you were in love.

That's Leafs nation at the moment. We are not a cup contending team, so knowing that, we must make moves towards becoming that.

The forwards being 98% of the cap needs to end, defense needs to be prioritized, and for the love of god a system and or players that invision, believe or prioritize a 200 foot game would be nice.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Islanders are gonna miss the playoffs and that hurts because they also have a terrible prospect pool. The Athletic just ranked their prospect pool last in the league

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Should this team be buyers? :laugh:
Last year Treliving biggest move was Nick Ritchie if I am not mistaken. He made that trade because he wanted to get into the party

He'll make a trade this year probably for a Marlie just so he can look bz

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Nothing surprising at all in that game.

And unfortunately the organization is full of idiots that actually thought a guy with 1 PPG season in 8 years would live up to an 11.5 million dollar contract.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Treliving do not F up and do not buy at the TDL.

We need to use the 2 years (this and next) for a retool and intelligent cap distribution

let Tavares' contact run out.

next year you have four forwards at 11 AAV+ do not F up
Well we don’t have a 1st or 2nd in the 25 draft, so not too many picks left to trade away. Lol

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Just look at their roster and where they are at in the standings, they are a garbage team that got lucky tonight

They bring it every time against us. Leafs lack of compete sticks out in games like this. Islanders know their fans want these games against us and there are still a few guys left over from when JT left.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
First round canon fodder. Looking forward to pathetic coach being fired into the su…hmm, Pittsburgh.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Why does this team keep pissing points away in the dying seconds of a game? Just f***in survive two more minutes and go to ot.
Because they lack concentration, understanding, a will to work, bravery, composure and structure.

But mainly I think it is understanding.

They always talk about learning from mistakes, but never actually learn from mistakes. They are the hockey team equivalent of a 5 year old.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Watching the Leafs make me sad.

They are just a very average (at best) team. I hope they miss the playoffs. Hopefully that will be the end of Treliving and Shanny
I just take it game by game, it was a pretty good game, we aren’t the best team that should be obvious so I don’t stress about post season if you can’t win it all who cares.

Reactions: Jojalu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’ll lose my mind if Treliving does any type of buying. Saw a rumour going around that Robertson is on the table. f*** off with that shit. This team has enough trouble scoring.

Smart play here is for Tre to stay put, sell at TDL (Domi, Bert, Brodie, etc...) and re-tool.

He already gave out dumbass contracts to both Matthews and Nylander. Marner will ask for the moon too and will probablyb get played Moon plus a small planet.

Leafs desperately need a re-tool. besides Rielly we have no one on the backend. Lily unfortunately hasn't developed to what I was hoping he could be.

We need to give Knies, Robertson some time to gain NHL experience and also play Cowen and Minten to see what we've got; they will also gain NHL experience which will come in handy after JT is off of the Leafs cap structure

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I mean, it's exactly what we have been watching over the past eight seasons come playoff time, but they are just playing this way during the season now.

This team is horrendous defending off the rush, like obscenely terrible. It stands out more when missing guys like Jarnkrok and Kampf.

Samsonov probably wants that third one back, but that was entirely on 44. p***yass play along the boards, p***yass coverage in front of the net. Even with the turnover, that goal was avoidable.

They are exactly what they have been since the start of the season. Mediocre team that wins some games because of their top tier talent. Honestly, they are terrible imo.

I also feel their shitty home record is not getting enough airtime, 11-10-2? 10th worst home record. PP is 7 spots worse at home. PK is 3rd worst at home.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Clutch and grab defence allowed by the opponent all night. Giving their game 7 effort in February and getting the reffing to match. We still outplayed them. Tune into the Islanders next game against ____ to see what they actually look like 99% of the time.

You guys can cry about the Leafs all you want but no other team in the NHL puts up with the same shit. Circled on every middling/bad team in the league's calendar to "make a statement" before returning to mediocrity. It is what it is.

We'll add help, make playoffs and can compete with anyone we face there. Enjoy raising your pitchforks in the meantime, I guess

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That 3 game run was nice but tonight you saw why I don't trust Samsonov he can't make the big save he once again found a way to lose he's cost them close to 15 points now.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Because they lack concentration, understanding, a will to work, bravery, composure and structure.

But mainly I think it is understanding.

They always talk about learning from mistakes, but never actually learn from mistakes. They are the hockey team equivalent of a 5 year old.
All we will get is some of the same post game nonsense from this group

Talk about how the played well but move on

This group is so delusional. Entire organization top to bottom is a loser.

Mar 26, 2010
Samsonov is not it, trash goalie.

This team has missed the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad