Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2011
Everyone who attends the game on Saturday should rain down boos every time Kerfoot touches the puck
I rather they rain down the boos on Tampa's Academy Award nominee, Callan Foote.

Also the crowd better let the refs hear it for even the most borderline call against Tampa, just make the environment extremely toxic for them. The refs were able to easily turn a blind eye on all the penalties the Bolts committed during 3rd period and OT at their home, gotta let the refs know that, that type of BS game management will not be ignored, that is part what playoffs home advantage is for after all.

Reactions: seventieslord

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Not when your opponent is responsible for the stick hitting him in the face (i.e. by stick-lifting) or when a player takes a shot. It is actually in the rulebook.

Hedman lost the puck battle, tried to win it back, and lifted Kerfoot's stick into his own face. It is, by definition, not a penalty.

Same with a stick not hitting you in the face, like the first high-sticking penalty. They brought the whistles out for two non-calls and missed a bunch of far more blatant penalties.

Harvard doesn't have scholarships. The only thing athletics do is make it easier to stand out among a very competitive pool of applicants, but you still need to be a high level student to even get considered.
Just for my own curiosity could you point out where it says that in the rulebook? I didn't see anything like that (follow through yes, stick lifting no) in the rule book but could have easily missed it.

Reactions: Tak7

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
That's nice and all but I was referring to the team actually going deep or winning a few rounds. In terms of that McDavid hasn't really been any better.

Bruins had home ice. We were up 3-2 going into game 6 at home but couldn't close it out then got spanked in Boston.

Last year we technically had home ice but due to covid restrictions we only had 500 fans in the building..
Right. I wonder why I thought 2019 was different. Probably because it was the year we had the 3-2 lead.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
How am I the only one who is furious with Kerfoot right now?
I don’t think anyone is happy with Kerf, but to suggest the home crowd boo a player on the home team in a game 7 is kinda childish and very immature.
He made a crucial error, but one that looks like it’s been coached into him with this system, everyone does it on this team.
I have a lot of time for Keefe, but one thing I can take or leave with his game plan is the reliance on drop passes.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Was so hoping someone would have that Garry Valk moment and etch their name into the Leafs history books for all time. I could almost feel it coming.

Reactions: ECanuck

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I wouldnt dress Simmonds over him but in my eyes Engvall had a bad game. He looks intimidated out there, making bad passes and playing tentative. Kind of like the Engvall we all knew and felt luke-warm on prior to his breakout in the second half of the regular season. He has the ability to make a difference for us, he's gotta wake up.

Respectfully, think we were watching different games.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How am I the only one who is furious with Kerfoot right now?
I'm furious at Kerfoot.

I'm going to the game on Saturday.

Let's be crystal f***ing clear here: booing Kerfoot is a stupid thing to do.

Want to rip the boys and criticize and hate on them? That's fine - save that shit for before & after games.

During the 60 minutes, it's complete unity. You back the boys every second of the way.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just for my own curiosity could you point out where it says that in the rulebook? I didn't see anything like that (follow through yes, stick lifting no) in the rule book but could have easily missed it.

I just read it and it does state it for faceoffs. Doesn't say anything about the other times so it must be a thing that refs just decided to call themselves. I thought I read it applied at all times but it only applies for faceoffs.

However it also says that it needs to be above the shoulder. Foote's certainly was not, and even in Kerfoot's case the high stick made contact in the collarbone region, which is also below the shoulder. Either way, not a penalty.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
My son has to attend his girfriend's birthday party and apparently the restaurant doesn't have tv sets. What is this, the 1950's? He feels so bad, but he has to go......right? 😜
The two of you could develop food poisoning and leave hahahaha

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think the nhl needs to incorporate a challenge that is used in the NBA to challenge questionable penalties the NBA gives each team one challenge to have a video replay of the questionable penalty. If we had that here the leafs would have been in the second round already
I'm not sure if it's possible, but last might felt like it could have been a league challenge on the goal itself for Perry's poke. You cant challenge it as Keefe, but it's worth a look from thre league

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
I think the nhl needs to incorporate a challenge that is used in the NBA to challenge questionable penalties the NBA gives each team one challenge to have a video replay of the questionable penalty. If we had that here the leafs would have been in the second round already
for high sticks, i can see the nhl discussing it after what happened last night

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I'm furious at Kerfoot.

I'm going to the game on Saturday.

Let's be crystal f***ing clear here: booing Kerfoot is a stupid thing to do.

Want to rip the boys and criticize and hate on them? That's fine - save that shit for before & after games.

During the 60 minutes, it's complete unity. You back the boys every second of the way.
I dont actually think we should boo him tomorow, I was posting out of emotion. But people should not be defending him. Make no mistake about it, Kerfoot cost us this game, we should be gearing up for the second round right now and instead we’re heading for yet another game 7 thanks to him.

Reactions: Jmo89

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He pretty much single handedly cost them the game.

I wouldn't boo him as it does nothing to help them win, but Kerfoot's performance last night is the kind where you see a player shipped out in short order.

It was likely he is gone next year anyways, last night confirmed it IMO.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The high stick to put them down 5 on 3 was inexcusable. Such a brain dead, bone head play.

He made a great play keeping the puck deep, then his stick rode up Hedman's stick when Hedman raised his stick. Bad break but you gotta control your stick. Seems the hockey Gods worked through Kerfoot to haunt Leaf fans again.

Reactions: Jmo89

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Our Leafs are now 1 and 9 when leading in a series. So lets hope its 2 & 9 after Saturday. :crossfing

Most realistic Leaf fans likely believed this series was going 7 games.

The thing that has been most promising is the Leaf didn't quit in the past 2 games when they fell behind, so can build on that even in game #7 starts similar to #5 and #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad