Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
If kadri is suspended, We have all 3 of our top 3 centers MIA.

Our 4th line C is our default #1.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
good job kessel u ruined my night

and kadri wont get suspended, stupid call

How do you know he wont? He blatantly ran over their goalie, there's no grounds for debate on that one he made no attempt to get out of the way while the goalie was in the crease. The 2nd hit is debatable, but stilll worthy of a call from the League, I've seen plenty of those types of hits get suspensions for, even if he skates on one of those the odds of him walking away scott free are highly doubtful.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri was looking up at the puck. It was accidental.

If Gionta and Lucic weren't suspended, neither will Kadri

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
How do you know he wont? He blatantly ran over their goalie, there's no grounds for debate on that one he made no attempt to get out of the way while the goalie was in the crease. The 2nd hit is debatable, but stilll worthy of a call from the League, I've seen plenty of those types of hits get suspensions for, even if he skates on one of those the odds of him walking away scott free are highly doubtful.

To be fair, Backstrom was just outside of the blue paint when it happened. He didn't go into the crease and do that as it's being made out to seem.

goalieinterference_medium.gif

Also, if Lucic wasn't suspended for his hit on Miller, I'd be surprised if Kadri was. Lucic's was a lot more vicious.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Kadri was looking up at the puck. It was accidental.

If Gionta and Lucic weren't suspended, neither will Kadri

Sorry but there was NOTHING accidental about it, he blatantly ran over the goalie. I agree though I doubt he gets anything for it, if a cheap shot artist like Gionta can run by and nearly rip Riemer's head up seriously concussing him then I doubt Kadri gets a game.

Im shocked though nobody jumped him though, if it were me and some weasel did that to my goalie I'd feed him left and rights until he begged for mercy.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Is it worse then Buffalo's though? Lucky break in the schedule here, back to back against them.
And a good opponent to hopefully allow the Leafs a two-way game for a change.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
To be fair, Backstrom was just outside of the blue paint when it happened. He didn't go into the crease and do that as it's being made out to seem.

Also, if Lucic wasn't suspended for his hit on Miller, I'd be surprised if Kadri was. Lucic's was a lot more vicious.

If Kadri gets anything from tonight, it'll be for this. He does need to be a bit more aware here.

Backstrom sold it well though....made it seem like he was KO'd...

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
If Kadri gets anything from tonight, it'll be for this. He does need to be a bit more aware here.

Tbh, he probably was as good as KO'd. Couldn't play afterwards so I wouldn't say he sold it. He was out of the crease though and actually, after this replay, if Reimer was "out of the crease" and Gionta didn't get suspended, I don't see why this one should either. Won't be surprised if he does because even if Backstrom was out, it was still a dumb play and Kadri should have been more aware there.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Tbh, he probably was as good as KO'd. Couldn't play afterwards so I wouldn't say he sold it. He was out of the crease though and actually, after this replay, if Reimer was "out of the crease" and Gionta didn't get suspended, I don't see why this one should either. Won't be surprised if he does because even if Backstrom was out, it was still a dumb play and Kadri should have been more aware there.

Whether he was in or out of the crease is irrelevant.

Just because the league missed headshots in the past doesn't mean they'll miss them today when everyone is paying close attention to this problem.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Whether he was in or out of the crease is irrelevant.

Just because the league missed headshots in the past doesn't mean they'll miss them today when everyone is paying close attention to this problem.

Yeah, and that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him actually get suspended? I just said he probably deserves it. Headshots don't belong in the game and he just had one there. I'm just saying it's possible he doesn't get suspended and I sure hope to God he doesn't, no matter how blatantly obvious that headshot was.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North

looked like Kadri tried to lift his hands up out of the way, but instead it just levelled Backstrom.

I think it should just be a minor penalty, I mean Lucic gets nothing, Gionta gets nothing twice.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Don't have a problem with the Granlund hit but the Backstrom hit was dirty and warrants a game or two. I'm really surprised he didn't get jumped after that TBH.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He'll get suspended. Which is stupid considering Lucic never got anything for his.

Rolling with 1 opening night centre Friday and Saturday.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011

He had to leave the game...

I can't believe some other people are trying to defend Kadri. If that was someone hitting Bernier like that, and Bernier had to leave the game, everybody here would be pissing their pants crying for suspension. There's NO excuse for that. He didn't do anything to try and stop, he wasn't pushed into Backstrom, and he even extended his arm. He wasn't trying to raise his arm out of the way or something like someone said. To me it looks like he turned and saw Backstrom, and his initial instinct was to hit. Woulda been fine if it was a player, but he's around the net, he should know where he is and that the goalie would be right there. No awareness whatsoever. I hope he's suspended.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe some of the people around here. One week a hero and next week the goat. Give Kessel a break people. Yes he sucks on shootouts; but it's not like he made the call to send him out. Yes the tying goal went off his skate, that ***** happens sometimes. The bounces didn't go his way tonight ... that happens.

Kadri's second questionable hit though, that was bad. And a 5 minute major penalty kill half way through the third ... that was impressive. Too bad they couldn't carry it through for those killers.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
looked like Kadri tried to lift his hands up out of the way, but instead it just levelled Backstrom.

I think it should just be a minor penalty, I mean Lucic gets nothing, Gionta gets nothing twice.

The extension actually doesn't do anything. His glove hits Backstrom's helmet and Backstrom falls backwards, and then after Backstrom is already falling he follows through but the follow through doesn't make contact. It's the same in the second hit. He hits him in the chest but the follow through (which didnt make much head contact either) makes it look worse than it actually was.

Realistically neither of these should be suspensions. The first might be just because they want to crack down on goalie safety but it's not any worse than something like Gionta or Reimer, and watching the GIF you can see his head is turned and he only sees him right before they collide. The second hit was just a joke that shouldn't have even been a penalty.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
My god, I haven't seen more pathetic posts in one thread. Leafs Nation is the pure definition of bipolar. Ya I'll be the first to admit, Kessel didn't have a very good game at all tonight and did probably cost us a point but when he scores a hat trick or has a 4 point game, everyone on this board praises him to no end and we see a thread in the NHL talk board about how amazing he is. Kessel has won us like SO many games since being traded here and has won us a few games this season (NJ, EDM, ANA to name a few). My point is, stop bashing the dude cause this type of game he played tonight is a rarity from him. I bet if he scored the OT goal we'd be praising him even though he caused us to get to OT in the first place. He knows he **** the bed tonight and as we all know Kessel will bounce back from this game. Let's not get too down on ourselves, it's a shootout loss and it happens to a lot of teams.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

The more you watch this GIF the less dirty the play looks. I didn't notice it before but he's actually trying to tip the puck. I don't know how someone can expect him to get out of the way when he goes from looking at the boards to looking at the puck to try to tip it. Backstrom suddenly darts out towards Kadri when he makes the save which takes away any chance of Kadri stopping or avoiding contact. It's the follow through that the league might have a problem with but the contact had nothing to do with the follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad