Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd argue the most attainable points were game 2 at home where Samsonov is damn near invincible
Fair point about Samsonov's success at home. I guess I don't have too much of a problem with at least splitting a home and home series (although losing in OT would have been much better).

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Except that those in the front already get it.
LOl. everyone gets it. The Leafs are 33-14-8 4th place in the NHL (5th if you go by points percentage) those at the front know this as well as those at the back. I sit at the front BTW.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
LOl. everyone gets it. The Leafs are 33-14-8 4th place in the NHL (5th if you go by points percentage) those at the front know this as well as those at the back. I sit at the front BTW.
I am guessing you didn't read Hellcats post.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Changed it to make it appear that you agree with me just to spite you.

Take away the month of November and they're a middle of the pack team at best.
Take away the losses and they are undefeated and in first place. However, we can't actually take away anything. When we look at the season , the Leafs are 33-14-8 4th place in the NHL (5th if you go by points percentage)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fair point about Samsonov's success at home. I guess I don't have too much of a problem with at least splitting a home and home series (although losing in OT would have been much better).
I'd rather see if Sammy can get going a bit more on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Take away the losses and they are undefeated and in first place. However, we can't actually take away anything. When we look at the season , the Leafs are 33-14-8 4th place in the NHL (5th if you go by points percentage)
Yeah. 5th place with 1 amazing month and 3 average at best months thus far. If you can't see the problem with that and come to realize that their current position in the standings is fool's gold then I really don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah. 5th place with 1 amazing month and 3 average at best months thus far. If you can't see the problem with that and come to realize that their current position in the standings is fool's gold then I really don't know what to tell you.
You don't have to tell me anything. I just watch the games. I don't need the what if and the eliminations of entire months or any of that BS. I will enjoy the games-the more games, the better.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
You don't have to tell me anything. I just watch the games. I don't need the what if and the eliminations of entire months or any of that BS. I will enjoy the games-the more games, the better.
Fair enough. At least that's a start. Lol.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This is looking down and it looks like only the blade is above, but you can see all of the blade from behind and below.

I don't really care, but I don't believe this is conclusive because you are looking down.
There’s no question the blade was above the crossbar.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I made a promise not to watch any games until April. It has been fantastic. Some nights I forget the team is even playing.

This organization is just a cog in the wheel of the NHL. A piggy bank. We are the nice guys that apologize to the refs and the league.

I probably won't return until the league completely restructures the officiating. There is a fine line between sports and 'sports entertainment'.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It was absolutely the right call to play Woll last night. If any goalie can’t handle the worst team in the league on a back to back they shouldn’t be in the league. Team shows up, Woll gets an easy win and it’s a non issue.

So then based on what you just said then Woll shouldn't be in the league. You said if any goalie can't handle the worst team in the league on a back to back they shouldn't be in the league.

Well Woll didn't handle it, so based on your own logic he shouldn't be in the league.

That's probably not true what is true is that playing him on Hockey night in Canada when they didn't have to was wrong call, we know that because it didn't work.

That's what makes a right call, the right call

Right calls work, wrong calls don't

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think maybe you should look at all teams.

Teams have good months, then bad or average months(except Bos).

Carolina had a huge month and then a .500 month. Then a few okay months.

All the top teams are pretty much the same

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Reactions: Smif

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So then based on what you just said then Woll shouldn't be in the league. You said if any goalie can't handle the worst team in the league on a back to back they shouldn't be in the league.

Well Woll didn't handle it, so based on your own logic he shouldn't be in the league.

That's probably not true what is true is that playing him on Hockey night in Canada when they didn't have to was wrong call, we know that because it didn't work.

That's what makes a right call, the right call

Right calls work, wrong calls don't
:laugh: That’s an interesting interpretation of my post.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If the Leafs hadn’t but themselves in this position against the last place tanking team in the entire league we wouldn’t even be talking about this goal.
that’s the real crime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad