Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Even if their D was healthy I thought there‘s no way this team could win four rounds, but my goodness, they’re terrible. Is it the system or players?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
JTs contract and goaltending were a red herring. Turns out we should have been worried about MM and AM the whole time.

I was upset to discover I was blacked out for last nights game. Turns out it was a mercy from the gods.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Even if their D was healthy I thought there‘s no way this team could win four rounds, but my goodness, they’re terrible. Is it the system or players?
I read this link about Trotz's system....if you have time..read it and then think about whether or not Keefe thought of things like this to exploit any of our opponents. He keeps saying that they need to play their game and not worry too much about what the other team is doing. I think maybe worrying about the other team and their tactics is literally your job Sheldon.

Anyways...here is the link Systems Explained: The Barry Trotz Islanders - Architecte Hockey

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Dubas put the defense together with zero thought. It was just a byproduct of who was healthy, who they could fit under the cap and see what happens because we have a 60 goal scorer and if you can ping pong the puck up the ice the skill will mop up. There's no design to it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dubas put the defense together with zero thought. It was just a byproduct of who was healthy, who they could fit under the cap and see what happens because we have a 60 goal scorer and if you can ping pong the puck up the ice the skill will mop up. There's no design to it.
Sandin is really concerning. We knew he wasnt fleet of foot but right now he can’t compete against NHL forwards.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Last year Leafs during their California trip began with a 3-0 against NYI and then swept the California teams.

1667143454713.png

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Anyone see the Leafs fan right behind Keefe on the 3rd LA goal just laying into him? That guy is a legend and would probably be a better coach. At least he shows some emotion.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Who would reward a struggling under-performing team with time off for good behavior and what message does that send?

The way the ship is run, not even sure Dubas and Keefe would be able to have a say in whatever the team chose to do with their time.

Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Winning streak starts now… the first nine games mean nothing.

Go Leafs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Players are next in line for accountability. Coach and GM have done everything for them. Designed systems and built teams for the core to be successful and they have unfortunately failed, at least to start the season. They have come out and played like they need a AAA remedial course.

This guy is right. We have had a GM and coach be extremely hard on them. They haven't responded. They have a GM and coach which have done everything to support them and their success. They have responded better at times but ultimately what is it going to take for these guys?

Simple enough.

Who's job is it to hold the players accountable? Keefe? Dubas?

If the players aren't being held accountable, who's to blame?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Sandin is really concerning. We knew he wasnt fleet of foot but right now he can’t compete against NHL forwards.
Sandin IMO suffers from OVER-confidence as many other players do (Engvall, Holl) and play like they are much more skilled than they really are. When I see Holl down in the corner of the offensive zone it freaks me out. For the occasional goal he might help with compared to the many, many 2-1's ....its not worth it. There should be a hierarchy when it comes to taking chances...not everyone should have the freedom of an AM or MM...certainly not Engvall. His dumb pass on his back hand coming out of the zone on the penalty kill is a prime example. Keefe and his total hockey system doesn't seem to understand that some players can play it...others shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig