Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

horner

May 22, 2007
Man. If ROR misses many games and the playoffs, it’s basically the Hockey Gods saying “nope” to Kyle Dubas hockey… the Bad Karma/60 is through the roof despite all efforts.
I always thought that next yr is our window to go all the way.
Boston is just to good this yr.

Boston will have major cap issues the same with TB

Resign
O'Reilly 5.5 million
Accuri 1.5 million
Bunting 4.5 million

Muzzin retires or LTIR

Keep
Murray
or
Sammy
Personally I would keep Sammy @ 3 million for 2 yrs
Trade Murray or buyout his injury history scares me

Wall as backup

Trade
Jamcrock

Full time nest yr
McMann
Holmberg
Steeves
Knies

Our D is set
Maybe Niemela if he is ready

Reactions: Mr_Fun

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Leafs play:

Tues (Devils) and Sat (Oilers) this week

then following week:
games on

Mon (Sabres)
Wed (Avs)
Fri (Canes)
Sat (Ott - Away Game)

I wonder.....

Reactions: Cleetus

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Willy had a breakaway and was stopped. The Canucks player got a breakaway and scored.
if we want to succeed we need a goalie that can shut it down when the team messes up.
If every time the team makes a mistake it ends up in the net what is the point of having a goalie

Bourne can play LW Power forward and Chuck Norris goes in net... Because NOBODY scores on Chuck Norris.
I never thought of Chuck in net, good call. We wouldn’t need defence men……..oh wait that would be like now. Lol

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Feel for the folks that actually spent money to watch the Leafs in Vancouver

FqbRoctagAE8nC2

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Sloppy game for sure. Murray was bad but first game back and team was not that helpful. Glad he's not hurt at least:) He will be fine once the rust is off I think.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Hopefully someone like Mike Sullivan is available in the off-season.

Keefe ain’t it.

Reactions: Sniper99

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
what a cursed game. We had potential or real injury scares for our top 3 centres ffs

imagine JT catches a concussion and Matthews breaks a bone from that block in addition to ROR...

and of course with our luck forwards will drop like flies while we maintain 9 healthy defensemen

Reactions: ShaneFalco

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Awful awful awful .. what a stink fest .. Rielly should play rover .. play 2 D on ice 2F and then let Rielly rover .. there will be no structure at all on his shifts but there is none when he plays D BUT he hurts team because only 1 D on ice when he is out there .. either that or play him 3rd pair minutes and just let him play PP .. he has no idear at all how to play D ZERO defensive capabilies or instincts .. he alone is killing team .. they won't make him a healthy scratch .. but it is close to that now

JT please .. you know you are done like dinner at C .. you have hands still yes but thats it .. thats all he has left .. Keefer move JT wing and give him 20 games to get used to it .. this is imperative .. he can't keep up to Canucks for chrsit sakes ..

Lastly put your best D man back in lineup Keefer holy f*ck .. insert Lily delete Holl asap .. use Holl only if guys get hurt thats it enough of BS

On a postive note Brodie and new guy will be fine and Lily and Gio will be fine too .. Murray kept team in game when it should have been 3 nil and over .. that was encouraging

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hopefully someone like Mike Sullivan is available in the off-season.

Keefe ain’t it.

A hard nosed task master might be the kind of coaching we need. Keefe's a colour outside the lines and passing off as genius, but he really lacks the ability to motivate the troops, and as we know, the core doesn't seem to really be gamers.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Willy had a breakaway and was stopped. The Canucks player got a breakaway and scored.
if we want to succeed we need a goalie that can shut it down when the team messes up.
If every time the team makes a mistake it ends up in the net what is the point of having a goalie

I never thought of Chuck in net, good call. We wouldn’t need defence men……..oh wait that would be like now. Lol
Nucks had a breakaway and a few odd man rushes that were stopped by Murray too.

The thing is that Nucks just got more odd man rushes than the Leafs. That’s also something that Leafs just don’t generate enough. Something the team needs to start thinking and see how to improve that. As most goals being scored in the playoffs are off the rush.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
The issue with the PP is Rielly never shoots. Everyone knows he’s looking to pass. The second the puck goes to Mitch or Matthews the opposition double teams quickly and wins the puck battle. For once in my life I’d like to see Morgan slap it to the net snd look for a tip or at least a rebound where a Leaf player has a good chance of retrieving it or putting it in. Without any type of threat from the point the PP will let us down again in the playoffs. This team tries to pass it in the net.

By the way the downfall of Dubas will because he hired an idiot to coach this team

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The issue with the PP is Rielly never shoots. Everyone knows he’s looking to pass. The second the puck goes to Mitch or Matthews the opposition double teams quickly and wins the puck battle. For once in my life I’d like to see Morgan slap it to the net snd look for a tip or at least a rebound where a Leaf player has a good chance of retrieving it or putting it in. Without any type of threat from the point the PP will let us down again in the playoffs. This team tries to pass it in the net.

By the way the downfall of Dubas will because he hired an idiot to coach this team
Rielly isn't a shot threat and for the most part MM isn't either

Nucks had a breakaway and a few odd man rushes that were stopped by Murray too.

The thing is that Nucks just got more odd man rushes than the Leafs. That’s also something that Leafs just don’t generate enough. Something the team needs to start thinking and see how to improve that. As most goals being scored in the playoffs are off the rush.
it's amazing with speed and skill we have (perhaps not as speedy anymore) that we dont get more

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

While I agree with your point, you gotta finish chances like that. Think about game 7 when nylander got the break a bit after we scored, he couldn’t finish it. Those are gimme chances compared to the ones you get, so you gotta make the most of them.

Also, for the second point I feel it goes both ways. You gotta bail your goalie out sometimes too and not in the score more goals then the other team ways. We gave up a freaking 2 on 0 and murray stopped that, he made some nice saves. Support the guy a bit, and maybe don’t give up so many dangerous chances

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

it's amazing with speed and skill we have (perhaps not as speedy anymore) that we dont get more
That’s my point. Rielly needs to shoot the puck even a bit to at least get other teams thinking about it. Everyone knows he’s always going to pass to the half wall. Our PP is so predictable

Reactions: ShaneFalco

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

It is not about speed but I think more about possession style that Dubas and Keefe wants to play.
Kind of go back to the stretch pass style from Babs.
We actually had way more rush and odd man rush chances with Babs.
I also think due to our D not being the best at clearing in front of the net and breaking the cycle over the past few years, we choose to defend by collapsing in front of the net over trying to intercept the pass higher up in the Dzone, this also contribute to less chances of creating odd man rushes.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

That's why I was surprised they didn't get some insurance in net. The Leafs always need solid goaltending but can easily lose to the opponent's third string

That’s my point. Rielly needs to shoot the puck even a bit to at least get other teams thinking about it. Everyone knows he’s always going to pass to the half wall. Our PP is so predictable
for years

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Our PP should just copy what Ovie and the Caps is doing bc we got that shooter in AM. Let AM park in the office like Ovie. Maybe not this season but in general, that’s what needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad