Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I just hope that my Lightning fall so far off the map that they are not the footnote in which they were the team that the Leafs beat to make the second round. My team is a joke and I know it right now and in no way will even sniff the cup for years to come.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well if there's any silver lining to this game, the Leafs only gave up one even strength goal and Murray looked good for a while and was able to keep the Leafs in the game for some time and give them a chance to come back.

Also Keefe for the love of God, give Rielly LESS MINUTES! Stop force feeding him minutes and watching him struggle. Time to give other Dmen more ice time because they deserve it and stop giving ice time because of how much they're paid.
Yes - Sandin should be on the 1st PP instead of Rielly.

Oh, right.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Trading Sandin just to start playing with 11F and 7D makes absolutely no sense. We traded someone with lots of potential to hold onto a journeyman PP QB. I understood the Sandin trade only if we used that Boston 1st immediately to acquire a top D or top 6 F. Still shocked that there was no additional moves on the final day of TDL. If we were going to run 11F and 7D we would’ve been better off with Sandin.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Your dad was George Carlin?

Did he use that line? Not surprising.

My Dad was a lot older, and I heard that line long before I ever heard of George Carlin.

Maybe Carlin got it from Dad, who I think got it from Grampa, who had a lot of that type of wit.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Did he use that line? Not surprising.

My Dad was a lot older, and I heard that line long before I ever heard of George Carlin.

Maybe Carlin got it from Dad, who I think got it from Grampa, who had a lot of that type of wit.
Or they both read it on the wall of a strip club somewhere, lol.

Forgot the name of that show but one of the episode was about a line “sometime when you follow your dreams and got lost and find something better.” It turns out that one of the characters wrote that on the wall of the strip club.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
As my Dad used to say, think about how dumb the average person is, then consider that half the people are stupider than that.
Yeah, they probably wouldn't understand the difference between median and mean.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
For a normally distributed variable, like intelligence, over a sufficient sample, the mean and median are likely to be very similar.
An idiot in a class of geniuses would bring an average significantly down. Even then, as Carlin also said " Did you ever notice that the people driving slower than you are idiots, and the people driving faster than you are maniacs?" - We all think were in the above average group and it is the others that are stupid.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
An idiot in a class of geniuses would bring an average significantly down. Even then, as Carlin also said " Did you ever notice that the people driving slower than you are idiots, and the people driving faster than you are maniacs?" - We all think were in the above average group and it is the others that are stupid.
Yeah. A class is a small sample. The general population is not a small sample.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad