Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2 in OT

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
absofreakinglutely.

he would 100% be playing above Holl and/or Sandin.

the fact that it's so hard for you to consider really shows me the divide in the fanbase. (and why this fanbase is PERFECT for our team)

Ya the divide is the smart, and the not so smart.

Bad players on bad teams = success for the Leafs

Reactions: kb

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
At least to my knowledge, he hadn’t done it yet. Got to give the benefit of the doubt, I mean, I have not cheat on my wife and been married for 15yrs, but according to your logic, my wife should always worry that I would cheat on her bc I have not done it yet doesn’t mean I won’t.
Come on, dude.
In the same token Kerfoot has not score 40 goals yet does that mean he should get paid like a 40 goals scorer bc he could and if we don’t think he could, we are naive.
Just saying it's a possibility doesn't mean assuming it will happen.

But you can't say something won't or didn't happen just because you aren't aware of it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just saying it's a possibility doesn't mean assuming it will happen.

But you can't say something won't or didn't happen just because you aren't aware of it.
Anything is a possibility but as of now, we have to treat it as nothing happened bc there is no information on it. It could be they are hiding it well or simply be there is nothing for them to hide bc it didn’t happen.
He could make a fool of Babs like what JR did with Bruce but that didn’t happen.
He could have approach and signed that 20 yrs old like Sweeney and Neely did but from the infos sofar, he didn’t even approach that player.
I can understand the dislike of Dubas but to use your logic and just think he could be hiding something like sexual harassment in the work place and that we should not give him the benefit of the doubt is just next level hatred.

If you want to continue this mindset of Dubas is hiding sexual harassment info with other Leafs management, pls go ahead.
Lastly, what Bowman and Joe Q did wasn’t just hiding it but the fact that they stated they don’t want to deal with it and should not be brought up until after the playoffs bc it will distract the players from aiming for the Cup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems to me that interest in the team is pretty low now. This has been the toughest season to sell tickets that I can recall.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Seems to me that interest in the team is pretty low now. This has been the toughest season to sell tickets that I can recall.
I find it interesting where after every lost it seems like we should tank and plan the parade after every win.
Having said that the boys really didn’t show up after the 1st period.

Reactions: ACC1224

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I am going with the theory that Toronto let the Habs get the OT win on purpose just to hurt Montreal's chances of landing Bedard.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I am going with the theory that Toronto let the Habs get the OT win on purpose just to hurt Montreal's chances of landing Bedard.
It will be so funny if the team that drafted Bedard won the lottery by having ONE less point than the Habs. Kind of like how Bozak scoring a first period Hat Trick and went on a mini hot streak when Leafs was trying to tank for McDavid and ended up finishing fourth instead of third last.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
When you see the team lose in the first round so many times you have to ask is this version better? We lost Muzzin but haven’t replaced him. We also lack grit in our top 6. The goal is to win a cup not one round, that won’t be enough. It’s piss or get off the pot time.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I just don't get fans saying it doesn't matter what their record is in the regular season, it matters if they win in the playoffs. They can do both!

They have a responsibility to their fans to play hard in all games...that's who are paying their wages and buying their merchandise. Some of these fans drove all the way to Montreal to see this, including gas/meals/accommodations. A little respect for their fans and a little less self-preoccupation is in order. They need some mental training in how to stay focused, how to deal with adversity and how to respect those paying their wages. Need a hard-ass coach like Torts!
Good luck with this, I doubt the players are in the visitor locker rooms going, "We'd better come out and play a great game get that win for our fans who drove/flew hundred/thousand+ miles/KM's and paid the $100's a ticket to watch us play"

Just play a full 60 f***in mins for once. Montreal had no business coming back 3-1 to beat us in '21 and they had no business beating us last night when they're just playing out the year. We shouldve lit Montembault's ass up last night but we didnt.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
All "true contenders" have games like last night.

There's nothing to suggest that our core players are just "in it for the money". They weren't greedy. They wanted to be paid what they had earned like everybody else. The pandemic-induced flat cap and bad drafting in 2015-2017 is what held back our support players, but we were still able to add quality support players through effective management, and have had a top tier team throughout.
And yet we still lose in the first round every year…….could it be that they are not as good as you think it is

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I agree with you. At the end of the day, playoffs results matters.
I have been stressing that the goal is not to get into the 2nd round but to win the Cup.
To me, the team Dubas assembled is talented enough to win the past two seasons. And I don’t believe it is a lucky bounce here and there but rather our guys, esp the top guys still couldn’t translate their regular season success in playoffs.
At what point do we look at the players and think, they just can’t do it collectively. And do we trust Dubas to make those decisions.
To me, I just think Dubas had done as good a job as most GMs in the league. But if the boys can’t do it in playoffs, something need to change and starts with Dubas and the top guys.
I definitely think this is the “decision “ year as far as if Dubas and Shanny stay and if the core stays the same

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Anything is a possibility but as of now, we have to treat it as nothing happened bc there is no information on it. It could be they are hiding it well or simply be there is nothing for them to hide bc it didn’t happen.
He could make a fool of Babs like what JR did with Bruce but that didn’t happen.
He could have approach and signed that 20 yrs old like Sweeney and Neely did but from the infos sofar, he didn’t even approach that player.
I can understand the dislike of Dubas but to use your logic and just think he could be hiding something like sexual harassment in the work place and that we should not give him the benefit of the doubt is just next level hatred.

If you want to continue this mindset of Dubas is hiding sexual harassment info with other Leafs management, pls go ahead.
Lastly, what Bowman and Joe Q did wasn’t just hiding it but the fact that they stated they don’t want to deal with it and should not be brought up until after the playoffs bc it will distract the players from aiming for the Cup.
You are completely misunderstanding me. I'm not even suggesting that he might be doing anything untoward.

All I'm saying is that you can't state as a fact that he didn't or won't do something just because you haven't seen it.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The pessimist thinks things can't get any worse then they already are. The optimist says sure they can. :)
The optimist sees the glass as half full.
The pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
The scientist sees the glass as half full on liquid and half full of air.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
And yet we still lose in the first round every year…….could it be that they are not as good as you think it is
It's not what I think. It's just the facts. We're a top tier team, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. You need a new catchphrase.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
1 OR 2 OF JT AM OR MM should be gone next year, bring in 2 or 3 quality players, 2 f 2 dmen. cut the crap its been 5 years with this group. shanafail plan, fire him and dubas too. pathetic. Keep Willie. Try to unload Morgan too. Need skill but toughness and heart too, esp in playoffs. leafs are pathetic. soft soft soft and small. NOTHING will change until management is gone.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I think it comes down to can Dubas make the proper trade to win the Cup.
You could be right. It’s an important trade deadline for sure

It's not what I think. It's just the facts. We're a top tier team, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. You need a new catchphrase.
I would love for my catch phrase to be about Leafs success but unfortunately we have 6 years of playoff first round failure for many and varied reasons so maybe just maybe I’m right

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022

I just hope that the team isn't like a pretty new house. Nice on the outside right now but if you look carefully you can see some cracks in the foundation (depth, lack of physicality, coaching) because the builder (Dubas) didn't have much experience so it could end up crashing down if it is exposed to a serious storm (the playoffs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad