Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2 in OT

kb

Aug 28, 2009
thankfully Dubas has ensured we don't have any defensive liabilities.

especially those with heart.

none of that stuff. we have holl and sandin instead.

(both of which Montreal would LAUGH at for one on one trade for Arber)

Perhaps it's best not to post if this is the best you can come up with.

Pining over the shittiest D on a last place club because he can only do one thing.....fight?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
take a lap bud?

what are you, f***ing 12 years old?

this place is pathetic.

Sandin isn't good enough to hold Xhakej's jock strap. He's a bitch compared to Xhakej. Arber would make little Sandin his cuck toy.

That's our leafs.

There is physical players who can play, and physical players who can’t. No one is questioning that Xhakej is among the most physical players in the league. He, however, isn’t very good at hockey.

Reactions: saffronleaf and kb

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
There is physical players who can play, and physical players who can’t. No one is questioning that Xhakej is among the most physical players in the league. He, however, isn’t very good at hockey.
Except, he is.

But I'm sure your vast hockey knowledge is blinding you to the fact.

I like how your 12 minutes of watching him has made you an expert.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Except, he is.

But I'm sure your vast hockey knowledge is blinding you to the fact.

I like how your 12 minutes of watching him has made you an expert.

I watch the Habs regularly. You’re literally talking about a guy averaging less than #6 minutes on a bottom feeder. A bottom feeder whose biggest weakness is their D. If Xhekaj had any value beyond his physicality, he wouldn’t be averaging 15 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league.

You’re being blinded by big and strong.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think that's a bit naive.

We don't know how many sexual harrassment complaints he's successfully swept under the rug. It may well be none, but we have no way of knowing.

We don't know that he won't sign players with a questionable past. We only know that he hasn't, which could be just because he hasn't had the opportunity (or cap space).

We don't know how he would fire a coach, at least at the NHL level, because he hasn't yet.
At least to my knowledge, he hadn’t done it yet. Got to give the benefit of the doubt, I mean, I have not cheat on my wife and been married for 15yrs, but according to your logic, my wife should always worry that I would cheat on her bc I have not done it yet doesn’t mean I won’t.
Come on, dude.
In the same token Kerfoot has not score 40 goals yet does that mean he should get paid like a 40 goals scorer bc he could and if we don’t think he could, we are naive.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I watch the Habs regularly. You’re literally talking about a guy averaging less than #6 minutes on a bottom feeder. A bottom feeder whose biggest weakness is their D. If Xhekaj had any value beyond his physicality, he wouldn’t be averaging 15 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league.

Put up a poll. See how many Leafs fans would trade Holl or Sandin for Xhekaj, one for one.

We can weed out the wiener fans with the results.

Better yet, put it on the mainboards. I think you'll be in for a surprise when you take off your dubas bias.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Put up a poll. See how many Leafs fans would trade Holl or Sandin for Xhekaj, one for one.

We can weed out the wiener fans with the results.

Better yet, put it on the mainboards. I think you'll be in for a surprise when you take off your dubas bias.

Go ahead bud.

I’m a big supporter of acquiring physicality. I’m just not naive to assume that all physicality is equal. You want guys who can provide what Xhakej does, but can also contribute effective minutes outside of a fight.

Also stop lumping Holl with Sandin, they are very different.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Go ahead bud.

I’m a big supporter of acquiring physicality. I’m just not naive to assume that all physicality is equal. You want guys who can provide what Xhakej does, but can also contribute effective minutes outside of a fight.

Also stop lumping Holl with Sandin, they are very different.
yah, both different, and both worse than Xhakej.

You seem sure of yourself, but appear uninterested in learning about your bias.

Holl is garbage and Sandin is a bitch. Different, yes.

But you seem pretty sure of yourself with Sandin. Put up a poll and prove yourself correct. (or learn about your bias. we'll see which one is correct).

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Don't agree. TB approach is different. TB changed the way they play and approach hockey under the same management and coach. There were not bought into a superficial ideal; they had an idea which didn't work so they changed it. They were not fixated on an ideology .

Dubas has an ideology and he isn't willing to budge. Heck Tampa trade Druin (back then he had value) to get a different look. what "big" trade has dubas made? Why is it when we get so called "tough " players they stop playing physical hockey when they play with the Leafs? I am not even making this up I think we have enough sample size for this.

No GM is perfect man; every GM makes mistakes but they learn and adapt or at least the good GMs do. its like waiting for the signal to turn green; you are stopped at the red and keep saying "turn green, turn green, turn green" eventually it does and then one claims "see I told you it will turn green"; I mean that was going to happen eventually.

If Leafs somehow get to 2nd round this season or next season or the season after that and hypothetically speaking Dubas is still GM then are the people going to claim that Leafs made the 2nd round due to Dubas?

I mean eventually by some luck/bounces/whatever... Leafs may make it to 2nd round; is it because of Dubas?

If the claim is that have patience Leafs will find a way eventually; then why does it has to be with Dubas? It can be with other GM who has a different outlook/model too.

Quite frankly IMO it boils down to the results. If Leafs had had any success under dubas especially in the playoffs I don't think we would even be having this conversation because nobody would be calling for Dubas' head.
I agree with you. At the end of the day, playoffs results matters.
I have been stressing that the goal is not to get into the 2nd round but to win the Cup.
To me, the team Dubas assembled is talented enough to win the past two seasons. And I don’t believe it is a lucky bounce here and there but rather our guys, esp the top guys still couldn’t translate their regular season success in playoffs.
At what point do we look at the players and think, they just can’t do it collectively. And do we trust Dubas to make those decisions.
To me, I just think Dubas had done as good a job as most GMs in the league. But if the boys can’t do it in playoffs, something need to change and starts with Dubas and the top guys.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
yah, both different, and both worse than Xhakej.

You seem sure of yourself, but appear uninterested in learning about your bias.

Holl is garbage and Sandin is a bitch. Different, yes.

But you seem pretty sure of yourself with Sandin. Put up a poll and prove yourself correct. (or learn about your bias. we'll see which one is correct).

I’m not going to make a poll

Go ahead if you feel so passionately about it.

Also I don’t know if you realize Sandin is leading this team in hits. In fact he’d be second to Xhakej on the Habs.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
and yet you suggested it would would be one of the biggest lopsided trades in Leafs history.

that passion came from you son.

Sandin is a bitch, like most of our current players. We don't want anyone with heart around this team. We'd hate to see it rub off on another one of our pukes. Can you imagine the dressing room with someone like Arber keeping our fembots in line?

It would be glorious.

He probably wouldn’t play on the Leafs. The Leafs are looking to win hockey games. Bad players who are physical are still bad players. That’s not how you win.

Reactions: kb and ACC1224

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
He probably wouldn’t play on the Leafs. The Leafs are looking to win hockey games. Bad players who are physical are still bad players. That’s not how you win.

except he's not a bad player.....I get it, you are having challenges recognizing talent.

you are a perfect fan for this current team!

we don't want anyone like him. we want to win hockey games.

go leafs go.

• Haha

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
except he's not a bad player.....I get it, you are having challenges recognizing talent.

you are a perfect fan for this current team!

we don't want anyone like him. we want to win hockey games.

go leafs go.
Prove to me he’s not a bad player.

Explain to me why a bad team like the Habs trust him so much that he’s 8th among D in average TOI/GP. Explain to me why the Habs, who have amongst the worst D in the league, don’t trust the guy playing any special teams. Explain to me why all his advanced analytics point to him being absolutely shelled in his weak minutes.

I watch the Habs, and he is physical, he does play with heart, and his rise to the NHL is a great story. The guy however, does not belong on a contender.

Reactions: kb

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

Explain to me why a bad team like the Habs trust him so much that he’s 8th among D in average TOI/GP. Explain to me why the Habs, who have amongst the worst D in the league, don’t trust the guy playing any special teams. Explain to me why all his advanced analytics point to him being absolutely shelled in his weak minutes.

I watch the Habs, and he is physical, he does play with heart, and his rise to the NHL is a great story. The guy however, does not belong on a contender.

You mean the same Habs team that said he was only going to play preseason. Then he was only going to play a few games then get sent down.

And yet, he's found a spot as a starter.

I get it. Our fanbase has trouble recognizing heart. heart that gets you walk on in the OHL, then walk on in the NHL, both undrafted. Dubas wouldn't recognize heart if it was ripped from his chest and shoved in his mouth.

Also, it may shock you to hear this, but we aren't a contender. In order for us to become contender we need players like Arber Xhekaj who will stop our pathetic players from turning into cowards. In order to be what yo suggest, a contender, Arber Xhekaj is actually what we need.

But I get it. You don't understand that. But Montreal, they have shared success. They have won. They recognize what it takes. We don't.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

But remember, the only thing that ever matters in hockey is toughness. Hockey ability is way down the list of important factors to win a Cup.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
You mean the same Habs team that said he was only going to play preseason. Then he was only going to play a few games then get sent down.

And yet, he's found a spot as a starter.

I get it. Our fanbase has trouble recognizing heart. heart that gets you walk on in the OHL, then walk on in the NHL, both undrafted. Dubas wouldn't recognize heart if it was ripped from his chest and shoved in his mouth.

Also, it may shock you to hear this, but we aren't a contender. In order for us to become contender we need players like Arber Xhekaj who will stop our pathetic players from turning into cowards. In order to be what yo suggest, a contender, Arber Xhekaj is actually what we need.

But I get it. You don't understand that. But Montreal, they have shared success. They have won. They recognize what it takes. We don't.

So your argument is make believe intangibles based on a feel good story.

Montreal doesn’t trust him. The team he plays on that can’t win games doesn’t trust the guy to play. But you think he is what is separating us from a cup. How do you explain that?

Give me Tom Wilson if you want physicality, not Arber Xhakej.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
In 2020-21 he literally did not play a single game. Yea the OHL was on pause because of COVID, but that is factually correct. He was as close a random as it gets, so much so that at the time of the signing there were articles explaining who this obscure player is.

He definitely has heart, he’s definitely physical. He is also definitely a defensive liability.
So first year in the NHL on a bad team I guess the kid should just enter the league and be like Nick Lidstrom??

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
yes, I get it.

advanced analytics >>>>> everything else.

"intangibles based on a feel good story".

perfect. absolutely perfect.

we deserve our success.

It doesn’t even have to be advanced analytics. Basic analytics and the eye test are enough to know this guy isn’t a difference maker.

Like I said, I understand the desire for physicality. I get the type of team you want and I understand your frustration.

You’re head is fixated on the wrong player.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
It doesn’t even have to be advanced analytics. Basic analytics and the eye test are enough to know this guy isn’t a difference maker.

Like I said, I understand the desire for physicality. I get the type of team you want and I understand your frustration.

You’re head is fixated on the wrong player.
the eye test is what puts him much further ahead than Sandin.

It is exactly that eye test.

We hear how dubas has screwed up our contracts and as a result we don't any money left to bring in quality players...so we have to look for the diamonds in the rough.

Exactly the type of player Arber is. Exactly the cost we could afford. Exactly the player that could knock Holl or Sandin out of the roster. Exactly what Dubas should have recognized.

Unfortunately he didn't. Because he isn't good at his job.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
pretty clear team could use more heart and toughness but also that xhakej wouldn't do much to solve that issue, he's a fringe dman on a bad team.

it's like gassing up ristolainen or something. big guy but he's going to leak a ton of goals and you'll lose the game.

Reactions: leafsfan5 and kb

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
the eye test is what puts him much further ahead than Sandin.

It is exactly that eye test.

We hear how dubas has screwed up our contracts and as a result we don't any money left to bring in quality players...so we have to look for the diamonds in the rough.

Exactly the type of player Arber is. Exactly the cost we could afford. Exactly the player that could knock Holl or Sandin out of the roster. Exactly what Dubas should have recognized.

Unfortunately he didn't. Because he isn't good at his job.

The guy playing 15 minutes on a bottom feeder would knock out 2 guys that average 18+ on one of the best defensive teams in the league?

Do you really believe that?

• Haha

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
The guy playing 15 minutes on a bottom feeder would knock out 2 guys that average 18+ on one of the best defensive teams in the league?

Do you really believe that?

absofreakinglutely.

he would 100% be playing above Holl and/or Sandin.

the fact that it's so hard for you to consider really shows me the divide in the fanbase. (and why this fanbase is PERFECT for our team)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad