mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
How did we get Soshnikov and how did he go undrafted
This looks like one of those underrated moves that Chicago makes

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I am glad we are starting to acquire these Russians. They are skilled and the past couple of management regimes neglected them

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am glad we are starting to acquire these Russians. They are skilled and the past couple of management regimes neglected them

Didn't most Teams neglect them because of the KHL until recently?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Didn't most Teams neglect them because of the KHL until recently?

Unless they had obvious star potential I think this was the case. A lot of in-between players that rather stayed home to earn good money, and most likely play a more important role on their team. The best will always want to go to the best league so no worries about them.

With the Russian economy I guess more Russians that went undrafted will take a chance to get a job in the NHL, do well and thus more will be drafted again.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I think many Russians aren't the best 700 or so players when they're 18, thus undrafted.

At 21 they're developed, and playing well in the K.
Jeffler had an article about another guy today to keep an eye on, with great NHLe numbers...better than Eichel.

Zaitsev, Panarin, Lehtera...all part of the same.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I wasn't happy with the PBP guy making light of all the -ov last names involved in a play last night.

Minor point.

The Bolts showed the kids what "get stronger, get faster" meant.

They played great, KK with some great dangles.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I wasn't happy with the PBP guy making light of all the -ov last names involved in a play last night.

Minor point.

The Bolts showed the kids what "get stronger, get faster" meant.

They played great, KK with some great dangles.

Perfect first game for the rookies really. They didn't win so it won't go to their heads. They played a balanced Tampa Bay team and weren't thrown to the lions (Blackhawks). It's a good introduction to the NHL and the next game is like being thrown into the fire. Also Bernier is going to teach them a lesson in humility :sarcasm:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Two goals for Lindberg eh? He's an interesting prospect. I don't know if he's going to get much time in our top 6, but he might be a nice bottom 6 guy here in the future.

I think he might turn out to be much better, than most expect... He's getting better, as the games go on with the Marlies.. and is a presence out there..

Nice to have an over-flowing farm, isn't it..? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad