Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 1-0 ... No pain, no gain!

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Corrado is playing today

whats the occasion?

never understood the point in picking him up on waivers and not using him. its also unlikely that they resign him.

next year we have,

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-zaitsev
hunwick-xxxxxx

xxxxx = 2 of percy, harrington, corrado, + something unexpected

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
whats the occasion?

never understood the point in picking him up on waivers and not using him. its also unlikely that they resign him.

next year we have,

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-zaitsev
hunwick-xxxxxx

xxxxx = 2 of percy, harrington, corrado, + something unexpected

For depth? The Leafs have been fairly lucky with their injuries on defence this season. Not one has been injured long-term.

With that said, Corrado should get more looks after the deadline after Polak is traded.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020740&navid=DL|TOR|home

MAPLE LEAFS

Shawn Matthias - Tyler Bozak - PA Parenteau

Nazem Kadri - Leo Komarov - Michael Grabner

Joffrey Lupul - Peter Holland - Nick Spaling

Daniel Winnik - Byron Froese - Brad Boyes

Matt Hunwick - Morgan Rielly

Jake Gardiner - Dion Phaneuf

Frank Corrado - Roman Polak

Jonathan Bernier

James Reimer

Injured: Michael Grabner (mouth), James van Riemsdyk (foot), Stephane Robidas (lower body)

Scratched: Martin Marincin, Josh Leivo, Rich Clune.

I was waiting for Henny to post the Lineup for tonight but this one was on The Leafs site, however there are a few anomalies.

Kadri on LW and Grabner is supposed to be injured plus Corrado and Polak 3rd pairing both RHD?

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs are 28th. place, and 27th. place points per game.

Leafs are bottom 4 no matter which way we slice it.

I agree, we are probably going to be in the top 4 in the lottery but I hope we don't start to go on a winning streak and take ourselves out of contention for the top pick because we sure aren't going to the Playoffs this year.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Even being a hardened Leaf fan used to mid/late-season collapses, this last stretch has been disappointing. Win or lose, they were enternaining for a long while. They were doing everything right except finishing. Crisp passing, quick puck movement, dogged puck pursuit and effort. This last stretch has been some of the most gawdawful, boring, sloppy, low-intensity crap since... last season. I've been a watch-every-game fan for a long time but this is going to drive me over to the paint-drying channel very soon... this month is teal.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Going out for supper with family. Missed most of last nights game. Will likely miss this game too.

I'm to the point where I could care less. Losing to the stinking Habs, while the lowly CBJ just beat them twice, has really pissed me off!

All I asked for this season was for this team to compete, and, at least beat the Habs and the Sens! So far, very disappointed.

Babcock may be a top rated coach, but, he's no miracle worker. He can't make a pile of poop into filet mignon. I thought there was an outside chance our Leafs could squeak into the playoffs with Babcock behind the bench. I guess he was not kidding when he said there would be pain!

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
tampa has been rolling lately 8-2-0 should be easy win for stamkos and friends

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Going out for supper with family. Missed most of last nights game. Will likely miss this game too.

I'm to the point where I could care less. Losing to the stinking Habs, while the lowly CBJ just beat them twice, has really pissed me off!

All I asked for this season was for this team to compete, and, at least beat the Habs and the Sens! So far, very disappointed.

Babcock may be a top rated coach, but, he's no miracle worker. He can't make a pile of poop into filet mignon. I thought there was an outside chance our Leafs could squeak into the playoffs with Babcock behind the bench. I guess he was not kidding when he said there would be pain!

I question how anyone can find entertainment watching the Leafs. You have a dog of team in a league full of boring. Ironically the man who might of killed hockey, Lou Lamoriello, is the one who's suppose to be pumping life back into the Leafs.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

What has Babcock done to merit such praise? He has basically the same team Horachek was given last year save Kessel who was dumped on all year. He has taken a bad team and made them worse. Is it all just a well disguised all out tank job?

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I was waiting for Henny to post the Lineup for tonight but this one was on The Leafs site, however there are a few anomalies.

Kadri on LW and Grabner is supposed to be injured plus Corrado and Polak 3rd pairing both RHD?

Here are tonight's projected lineups for the Maple Leafs and Lightning.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards

40 Grabner - 43 Kadri - 47 Komarov
23 Matthias - 42 Bozak - 15 Parenteau
24 Holland - 16 Spaling - 19 Lupul
25 Clune - 56 Froese - 26 Winnik

Defence

51 Gardiner - 3 Phaneuf
2 Hunwick - 44 Rielly
20 Corrado - 46 Polak

Goaltenders

45 Bernier
34 Reimer

Tampa Bay Lightning

Forwards

18 Palat - 90 Namestnikov - 91 Stamkos
17 Killorn - 9 Johnson - 86 Kucherov
23 Brown - 51 Filppula - 24 Callahan
13 Paquette - 11 Boyle - 42 Marchessault

Defence

77 Hedman - 6 Stralman
89 Nesterov - 55 Coburn
5 Garrison - 62 Sustr

Goaltenders

88 Vasilevskiy
30 Bishop

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Here are tonight's projected lineups for the Maple Leafs and Lightning.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards

40 Grabner - 43 Kadri - 47 Komarov
23 Matthias - 42 Bozak - 15 Parenteau
24 Holland - 16 Spaling - 19 Lupul
25 Clune - 56 Froese - 26 Winnik

Defence

51 Gardiner - 3 Phaneuf
2 Hunwick - 44 Rielly
20 Corrado - 46 Polak

Goaltenders

45 Bernier
34 Reimer

Tampa Bay Lightning

Forwards

18 Palat - 90 Namestnikov - 91 Stamkos
17 Killorn - 9 Johnson - 86 Kucherov
23 Brown - 51 Filppula - 24 Callahan
13 Paquette - 11 Boyle - 42 Marchessault

Defence

77 Hedman - 6 Stralman
89 Nesterov - 55 Coburn
5 Garrison - 62 Sustr

Goaltenders

88 Vasilevskiy
30 Bishop

Thanks Seer, so looks like Grabner is in and Kadri at center, Corrado and Polak will play with one on the right and one on the left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad