GDT: Leafs @ Jets - Wed Oct 4 - Bell MTS Place - 6PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Agreed 100%. It's an absolutely fantastic 4th line, but they don't bring enough skill to be a 3rd line regularly.
On multiple occasions last year when the Jets were horrible, MLA stood out from the rest with their play off the puck. That's something you can't get away with, when they are as talented as your average fourth liners.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
nope...believe it or not I am ok with Helle as a backup....just dont think he is a starter in this league. He will likely be a backup for a few years before he is out of the league. My issue is with the #1 goalie. I have watched enough hockey in my lifetime to know that. unless you are absolutely stacked, it becomes very frustrating to watch a team when there isnt a consistent #1 in net. It is a game changer. Without it, players get easily deflated when they play well but still lose. It kills momentum an creates chaos. Its obviously too early to judge Mason, but IF he turns out to be another scrub its going to be at least 2 more years of frustration.

Mason let in five goals and you spent more time criticizing Hellebuyck than Mason, or any of the other Jets players that were actually on the ice. I'll believe it when I see it.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
so one more and we can lose by a touchdown? wow. just wow.

... wow.

wow-12.gif

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How do you manage to leave not one, not two, but three Leafs alone in front of the net?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets with two fourth lines and two backup netminders, yeah there a playoff team alright! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad