GDT: Leafs @ Jets - Wed Oct 4 - Bell MTS Place - 6PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So the reason to announce the Ehlers extension is to distract from the fact the Tanev is in for Petan?

Reactions: Guerzy

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Never thought I'd have to do this pals. It hits me in my stomach to type. But, this is tradition.

Leafs win 6-1. Ron Hainsey scores 6 goals.

Hope you are all well.

You were expected. 6 own goals deflected off his butt is fine with me ;)

Reactions: Lynk

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looks like Maurice's still terrible. Well, not that that's been a surprise for about a year yet. His firing is long overdue, and this lineup should really be the last straw. But it won't be. Maurice - the head coach with the longest tenure outside of the ones who have won a cup during theirs. Well deserved.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So i guess we know whos going down to the farm whe Hendricks gets back....

All so Maurice can keep is tried true massive liability 4th line of character guys....

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So i guess we know whos going down to the farm whe Hendricks gets back....

All so Maurice can keep is tried true massive liability 4th line of character guys....

If Hendricks and Tanev are on the roster and in the line-up at the same time................. :laugh:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Maurice is probably our biggest hindrance to making the playoffs...his personnel decisions are horrible

If he's going to do stupid **** like this right off the hop, he better be out the door with a turkey leg between his teeth by November. I'd wish for sooner but don't think it's likely.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Trying to make sense of it somehow.

Perhaps they won't use Copp on the PK tonight? So Tanev in for Petan?

Thats all I got.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Tanev isn't a 4th line forward as he isn't an NHL calibre player period. Just stupid decision making by our coach. Exactly the reason i wasnt willing to give him any benefit of the doubt.
I knew he couldn't help himself.
unless petan and dano learn to play away from the puck the will struggle to get into lineup. copp figured it out and that why he is playing. not to mention they have no idea how to kill penalties and Maurice said that would be a big factor on who plays.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
unless petan and dano learn to play away from the puck the will struggle to get into lineup. copp figured it out and that why he is playing. not to mention they have no idea how to kill penalties and Maurice said that would be a big factor on who plays.

And Tanev can do those things... ?

Reactions: garret9

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

You do realize Tanev doesn't have a clue how to play at thia level period, both with and without puck.

He was also the worst PK forward on the team last season by a country mile but yes let's play him so he can kill penalties.

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
I'm not excited about our third line matchup tonight.
They're running
Marleau - Kadri - Komorov
vs our third?
Their top 9 is more balanced and looks a lot deadlier than ours. Although I do think we could matchup with a Connor in there and Petan on the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad