GDT: Leafs @ Jets - Wed Oct 4 - Bell MTS Place - 6PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Please , Please , Please beat the crap out of the Leafs , i predict Jets win 6-3 , Laine with open net goal . Mind you most of his goals are open net because the goalie can't see his shot .

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Copp, Lowry, Armia line will have who ever they play against pinned in their own zone every shift!

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Gameday!

Let the season begin! Love that this is the game that gets the league off and running.

Man I hope we flush this team tonight. A solid beatdown would do wonders for my disdain of all things pro-leaf media related.

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't take some time to traditionally bash sportsnet, so here goes. They'd better have their audio levels figured out tonight. That game last year was a disgrace to broadcasting, even for their standards. And that's saying something...

This Jets team is exciting and expectations are elevated this year. It starts tonight!

Roll 4 lines, score all the goals, make all the saves, take all the points!

Go :jets Go!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Gameday!

Let the season begin! Love that this is the game that gets the league off and running.

Man I hope we flush this team tonight. A solid beatdown would do wonders for my disdain of all things pro-leaf media related.

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't take some time to traditionally bash sportsnet, so here goes. They'd better have their audio levels figured out tonight. That game last year was a disgrace to broadcasting, even for their standards. And that's saying something...

This Jets team is exciting and expectations are elevated this year. It starts tonight!

Roll 4 lines, score all the goals, make all the saves, take all the points!

Go :jets Go!

Totally agree on the audio part, on some of SN’s Jets telecasts you couldn’t hear the play by play or colour commentary over the arean background noise almost as if the background noise was amplified! Never heard that before on any hockey broadcasts on other networks or at any other sporting events broadcasts.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Not what I wanted to see...

Perreault Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Matthias Lowry Armia
Dano Copp Tanev

Nov 24, 2006
Can someone tell me WHICH Sportsnet channel this game will be on for the city of Winnipeg viewers? There seems to be 100 Sportnet channels? East, West, Ontario, etc.

Thanks!

Nov 24, 2006
Hoping that this game starts off a trend. Not at all concerned about the offence, but we've got to have a better defensive system, and please, keep the shots against and goals against. It starts tonight.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wow what an absolute joke. How this guy is an NHL coach still is a mystery. Get with the times!

We have the talent and depth for 3 scoring lines, yet we are running 2 4th lines. That 3rd line would be a good 4th line. Tanev and Matthias both over Petan? What a joke. This team will never hit potential

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
And likely Dano keeping Hendricks spot warm. Yikes.

If so that is an awful lineup. I would bet a lot of money that if we roll all of Tanev, Hendricks and Matthias in our lineup we are not making the playoffs. That may be one of the worst bottom 6's we have used here. With more talented depth then we have ever had

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Really Maur

Really Maurice..... just blatantly stupid if true and just when I was starting to feel somewhat better about our bottom 6 he pulls this.

The thing that pisses me off about this, is I've seen this before. Maurice loved Chad LaRose for many of the same reasons (Speed!). Same for Pat Dwyer. He falls in love and likes guys for the wrong reasons. Where do the likes of LaRose and Dwyer end up when no longer in the hands of Maurice? OUT of the league. Because they were never good enough to be used how Paul used them. You wonder why Carolina always had a bottom 5-10 PK under Maurice? because he was fascinated by guys like LaRose, Sutter, Dwyer and used them on it extensively.

Tanev in the line-up over Petan is comical. Tanev on an NHL roster is comical. I was really looking forward to Petan starting the year in the line-up after the camp/pre-season he had, especially with some solid players like Dano and Copp and not Thorburn.

Are we going to lose the game tonight or games in general because of ONE player such as Tanev? unlikely. But it's the little things and little decisions like this that can have a domino effect on things. Tanev on a line with Copp and Dano will likely hinder their performance. Tanev on the PK will hinder it's effectiveness.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can someone tell me WHICH Sportsnet channel this game will be on for the city of Winnipeg viewers? There seems to be 100 Sportnet channels? East, West, Ontario, etc.

Thanks!

Likely on Pacific West Ontario East

Likely not on One 360 or World

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
like I said earlier. they were thinking about putting tanev on the 4th line. thought it would be dano that was replaced . either way doesn't matter they are all 4th liners. Hendricks can replace dano next week. could care less who the 4th liners are anyways. would rather have players that know how to play away from the puck out there.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
like I said earlier. they were thinking about putting tanev on the 4th line. thought it would be dano that was replaced . either way doesn't matter they are all 4th liners. Hendricks can replace dano next week. could care less who the 4th liners are anyways. would rather have players that know how to play away from the puck out there.

Tanev isn't a 4th line forward as he isn't an NHL calibre player period. Just stupid decision making by our coach. Exactly the reason i wasnt willing to give him any benefit of the doubt.
I knew he couldn't help himself.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad