Proposal: Leafs - Jackets

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
So Rielly, Nylander, Sandin and Robertson for a year and a half of a struggling Seth Jones...

At least we can always count on you for impartial comments lol....
Two young AHL players, a offensive D man and a second line winger for a 1D, huge 3C upgrade over Kerfoot and Columbus top prospect.

the assumption is Jones gets resigned in Toronto. I wouldn’t trade for Jones if I was Dubas. But this thread was done by a leaf. Whenever you call on another teams better players, prepare to pay thru the nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Two young AHL players, a offensive D man and a second line winger for a 1D, huge 3C upgrade over Kerfoot and Columbus top prospect.

the assumption is Jones gets resigned in Toronto. I wouldn’t trade for Jones if I was Dubas. But this thread was done by a leaf. Whenever you call on another teams better players, prepare to pay thru the nose.
Another terrible terrible take. Love how Robertson/Sandin are AHL players while Foudy is labeled Columbus' top prospect. Nylander a 2nd line winger is great too

Really not even trying anymore.

There is pay through the nose and then overpay drastically but you clearly can't view things objectively so it really isn't worth my time

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

I remember being roasted for proposing Matthews for PLD+Jones, I wouldn't do that deal at all now.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I remember being roasted for proposing Matthews for PLD+Jones, I wouldn't do that deal at all now.
That’s a video game trade to begin with. Doesn’t contemplate the cap or the expansion draft. So it’s a flawed premise from the jump.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
TO CLB: Nylander + Reilly + Engvall

TO TOR: Jones + Jenner + Foudy

Leafs give up offensive skill for size and 2-way play. Nylander could centre Laine. Leafs get their rock on defence in Jones.
please close this post already, waist of space.............

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
That’s a video game trade to begin with. Doesn’t contemplate the cap or the expansion draft. So it’s a flawed premise from the jump.
I just find it funny how all the usual suspect who said that Jones was worth more than Matthews alone are nowhere to be found now.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I just find it funny how all the usual suspect who said that Jones was worth more than Matthews alone are nowhere to be found now.

I suspect the fun of posting on hf boards has been diminished of late. I know i certainly feel that way.

Reactions: Dumais

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
TO CLB: Nylander + Reilly + Engvall

TO TOR: Jones + Jenner + Foudy

Leafs give up offensive skill for size and 2-way play. Nylander could centre Laine. Leafs get their rock on defence in Jones.
Sending 3 guys who suck in their own zone to play for Tortorella?
There is a reason Columbus has success beyond their talent level in the playoffs and a reason Toronto doesn’t.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Pass

Rather keep Jones long term (maybe next year) and Jenner really fits the team for what he brings.

Plus Foudy? nah.

Need a 1C if all that is going out. Jarmo usually wins trades so he would probably fleece Mathews ++

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I actually think we get a little worse short term. We are trading a #1D and a 1W for a (better) #1D and a 3C.

Value wise this is not horrendous but i still decline.

Columbus will ask for Matthews (woof) when his value is really somewhere between Marner and Nylander. i dont think a deal is to be made

Have you already forgotten playoffs?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol, that "past success" was 6 months ago, and it showed, what these players were actually worth.
so is Duncan Keith worth more than McDavid? Chicago beat Edmonton.

When considering individual players Matthews is worth much more than Jones. consider contracts, age, ability. i wouldnt even trade Marner for him.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
so is Duncan Keith worth more than McDavid? Chicago beat Edmonton.

When considering individual players Matthews is worth much more than Jones. consider contracts, age, ability. i wouldnt even trade Marner for him.

There are just 2 good players on Edmonton, they just can't do everything by themselves. Toronto had 3 11M+ forwards and some other expensive (and good for the regular) players and still couldn't beat Jones and C.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
There are just 2 good players on Edmonton, they just can't do everything by themselves. Toronto had 3 11M+ forwards and some other expensive (and good for the regular) players and still couldn't beat Jones and C.
The jackets won in 7 games but I guess if thats your summit enjoy.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
yeah. so it only applies to Toronto just like i thought. dont try to move the goalposts.

regardless of team success Jones isnt as valuable as them.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
yeah. so it only applies to Toronto just like i thought. dont try to move the goalposts.

regardless of team success Jones isnt as valuable as them.

Yeah, I know it, Toronto fans love their forwards' great regular season statistics, probably value it more, than playoffs success...

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yeah, I know it, Toronto fans love their forwards' great regular season statistics, probably value it more, than playoffs success...
Yep. Boston beat us twice. i guess we should trade Matthews for Torey Krug? worked for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad