Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Islanders, Feb 27 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Was anything said about JayMc over the break? He smashed his face off the ice vs Vancouver and left the game

No word on him, but it wasn't too serious. I would be surprised if he is not ready to go next week. He had a cut over his eye, and went to the room for precautionary concussion protocol. that was the extent of the report after the Nucks game.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Please please be Smith on the Left and Bodie on the right. That is the best possible line up we could ice. Best looking Leaf team (on paper) in years.

1 of them should be D'Amigo but it seems like management wants to keep him with the Marlies, I'm not sure why, he's played well

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Alright - let's go! That tournament didn't seem to have any excitement down the stretch.

Let's focus on getting that "X" in front of Toronto.

Go Leafs Go!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yep, the vacation is over. Back to it.

Was a good chance for Bolland and company to rest up. Now need to continue playing well and fend off all those teams behind us.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
On Wednesday, a lot of teams that have games in hand on us are burning one of their games in hand. That would be a good night for scoreboard watching and getting back into the swing of things for us the fans.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Who we rooting for?

MTL or DET

I'd say Montreal?
We want the teams ahead of us to keep winning (and then we win), we don't want the teams behind us to start closing the gap.

Basically - we need the game to end in regulation.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
What's wrong with him?
James van Riemsdyk may have suffered a hand injury during Saturday's loss to Finland according to Joe Pavelski.
Van Riemsdyk returned to action after getting hurt in the first period but only played four shifts in the last two periods. He will be looked at by Maple Leaf doctors upon his return to Toronto. Stay tuned.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
James van Riemsdyk may have suffered a hand injury during Saturday's loss to Finland according to Joe Pavelski.
Van Riemsdyk returned to action after getting hurt in the first period but only played four shifts in the last two periods. He will be looked at by Maple Leaf doctors upon his return to Toronto. Stay tuned.

That would be a bummer, playing 4 shifts is a good sign at least. Hopefully only a contusion. Being it was not a gold medal game, perhaps JVR pulled himself out.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
That would be a bummer, playing 4 shifts is a good sign at least. Hopefully only a contusion. Being it was not a gold medal game, perhaps JVR pulled himself out.
The fact that no one (save Rotoworld where I harvested the article) seems to be mentioning anything is also a good sign. Hopefully it's nothing.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

He didn't hurt his hand. He took a puck to the throat.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
With JVR I'm not that worried. He's been playing with a lot of random things going on and been fine. Will have a few days to rest up before going back to it.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Need to come off the break and start strong, especially against the Isles who will be without Tavares.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
theres going to be some fatttty chickens after this game, let it be known.
#fed

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
22 games left in the season. Olympic hockey essentially made it feel like the NHL season was over. My only worry is that that the team might fall into a slow start and that both JVR and Kessel might slow down after coming back the 2 losses of getting shut out by Canada and Finland.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
22 games left in the season. Olympic hockey essentially made it feel like the NHL season was over. My only worry is that that the team might fall into a slow start and that both JVR and Kessel might slow down after coming back the 2 losses of getting shut out by Canada and Finland.

I think regardless of their result in Sochi they're probably going to be sluggish for the first few games just due the travel they'll be doing. Kulemin has been back since Friday so hopefully he's adjusted, But we'll need the likes of Kadri, Lupul and Bozak to step up for a bit.

Or, They'll come back and continue to light it up. Hard to tell at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00