Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Hurricanes - Thursday 14/4

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Frattin out a week with knee issue and will require a scope.

vader.jpg

Hopefully this doesn't become a nagging issue :( Him and Kadri were so good together

Penalty Kill Icing*

Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun
Carlyle: "Just because we are three games over .500, I don’t think we should be waving any pompoms. We are supposed to be 13-0."

Nice one by Carlyle there. I am pretty sure Wilson was quite the opposite of this. He was more like "Yay, we got points in the bank now for rough times."

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun

Nice one by Carlyle there. I am pretty sure Wilson was quite the opposite of this. He was more like "Yay, we got points in the bank now for rough times."

Love that attitude by our coach. You play to win EVERY game, not just 'more wins than losses'.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On the plus side for the Leafs...Pitkanen left the game against NJ mid-way through and will likely not play. He's been the Canes best defenseman this year and eating up over 24min / game, leads the Canes defensemen with 6 points and a +8.

With him out, it means the Canes have to play both Corvo and Sanguinetti (who has been brutal defensively). Leafs should be able to get a lot of scoring chances if the Canes have to ice that defense.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Following Wednesday’s practice, head coach Randy Carlyle told the media that Matt Frattin will be out for the minimum of one week as he will be having a procedure on his surgically repaired knee.

Mike Brown who has been out of the lineup with a shoulder injury will be available for the game Thursday when the Leafs are Carolina.

With the injury to Frattin, here is how the Leafs lined up the forwards during practice:

van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-Komarov
McClement-Kadri-MacArthur
Orr-Steckel-McLaren/Brown

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/leafs-recall-rynnas-from-marlies/

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif

Have you been living under a rock for the past week or two? The leafs are hotter than hell at the moment! They beat the s*** out of Montreal (they suck anyways) and made Philly look like an AHL team. Kadri, Frattin, JVR, most of our D, Kessel, Bozak (beast at FOs so far), the 2nd line, 4th line have been playing exceptional hockey, and I hope they continue to show consistency.

I'm fully expecting the leafs to show up like they did in the past few games and give the Canes a run for their money! I see a change in the atmosphere, folks. Call me cynical, but we're witnessing a completely different hockey team from what we're all used to here in Toronto.

The only thing I'm worried about is Scrivens. I really hope he comes out strong and plays like he's contending for the #1 goalie spot.

No I haven't been living under a rock. I know the Leafs are running on a 4 game streak and it's been fun watching them. I know they've been playing well on the road. I also know that they have had a hard time playing against the Canes. I also know that their starting goaltender is out and now one of their best goal scorers so far this season is out as well.

It's great seeing what the team is able to do but you said the word 'consistency' and that is what this team has yet to prove. They haven't played nearly enough games to prove they are a consistent team. I would hope that they show up tomorrow and play hard. I never said that I think the Leafs are going to get stomped. I said I don't think they're going to win. There's a difference. Expecting a loss doesn't mean that they team can't or won't play well or really try. I hope this team has the fortitude to dig down deep and rise above adversity. They rose above it with Lupul and Gardiner not in the line up. We're about to see the depth of this team and how much more adversity they can face. It's not that I think the Leafs can't win a game without Reimer and Frattin in the line up, I just think that of all teams, the Canes are a very big test to a team that's still a work in progress and a team that has lost several important players due to injury.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Two red hot teams with two lines scoring in bunches and hot goaltending......except the Leafs have just lost a key memeber of one of those two lines and their hot goaltender to injury.

the leafs are going to need to score some goals in this one, and not waste chances when they dominate like they did in the first period of the last game vs. the canes.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
This is one I expect to lose, even if we had Reimer and Frattin in, it's time to come back to earth for a game or so. Just hope we keep it close tomorrow then have a solid game in ottawa.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I'd just have:

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Grabo-Kulemin
McClement-Kadri-MacArthur
Orr-Steckel-McLaren

But Grabo line has to step up now.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
No Frattin, no Reimer, and no problem muh fugga, just let MacArthur run loose on the Winnipeg Blue Bomber line, you know how Clarke likes to kick the ***** of those son of a *****es on the regular degular you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad