Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Hurricanes - Thursday 14/4

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Can't keep losing against Canes.

Lets hope Scrivens holds the fort until Reimer returns. Frattin didn't practise today. Hopefully, a minor tweak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but the Leafs can't beat the Canes even when the Canes are playing crappy hockey. Now the Canes are on a hot streak. I'm expecting a loss. But hopefully they can start a new win streak on Saturday. Unlike the Canes, they at least have a decent enough record against the Sens.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope they didn't send him down to the Marlies to get under the 23 man limit with Brown coming back, until some deal can be made.

There's absolutely no way they are sending down one of their hottest scorers right now.

Besides, we are at 22, not 23, right now.

Once Gunnarsson is off the IR though, there will have to be someone moved or waived.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but the Leafs can't beat the Canes even when the Canes are playing crappy hockey. Now the Canes are on a hot streak. I'm expecting a loss. But hopefully they can start a new win streak on Saturday. Unlike the Canes, they at least have a decent enough record against the Sens.

No, to be accurate, the Leafs didn't beat the Canes when Canes were playing crappy hockey. Just because someone doesn't manage to do something does not mean that they are incapable of doing it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
There's absolutely no way they are sending down one of their hottest scorers right now.

Besides, we are at 22, not 23, right now.

Once Gunnarsson is off the IR though, there will have to be someone moved or waived.

Your right especially since Reimer is on the IR.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets
Matt frattin is not skating today with jay mcclement taking his place on the 3rd line

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Leafs have put James Reimer on IR. He joins Lupul, Brown and Gunnarsson there for minimum a week.

Penalty Kill Icing*

E. Staal, Semin and Tlusty are top 5 in NHL in +/-. Quite a line they have. I'd be happy if Grabo line shuts them down.

Here to help, PKI.

So, pen you down for GDT?

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
The heck is going on with Frattin? If it's maintenance they usually just come out and say that right off the bat.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif

Have you been living under a rock for the past week or two? The leafs are hotter than hell at the moment! They beat the s*** out of Montreal (they suck anyways) and made Philly look like an AHL team. Kadri, Frattin, JVR, most of our D, Kessel, Bozak (beast at FOs so far), the 2nd line, 4th line have been playing exceptional hockey, and I hope they continue to show consistency.

I'm fully expecting the leafs to show up like they did in the past few games and give the Canes a run for their money! I see a change in the atmosphere, folks. Call me cynical, but we're witnessing a completely different hockey team from what we're all used to here in Toronto.

The only thing I'm worried about is Scrivens. I really hope he comes out strong and plays like he's contending for the #1 goalie spot.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
i think the Canes are a dangerous team
and without Reimer...

then again Scriv played well the other night
so maybe he can play just as well, or even better

hope 4 the best

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has a fill in for Reimer been called up yet?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Canes are red hot, they've been playing well ever since they beat us last week. Leafs have also been playing well since that loss. Leafs have a good away record while the Canes have been average at home. Let's see how this goes, hopefully Scrivens can give us the same calibre goaltending that he did in the Philly game.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Not having Reimer and Frattin sucks...gonna be tough to keep the streak going.

Here's hoping they find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad