Leafs HFBoard Official Draft Board - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
chych

that's if our scouts see the remaining players as a virtual tie.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Dubois hype seems like a repeat of Barzal hype from last year, people picking a not so popular option just because

Jamesbay

Oct 19, 2014
Dubois, he's projected to be a Jaime Benn style forward and that would complement the current forwards we have. I trust Hunter can draft top 4 D in the later picks.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would love to have a draft board that was like 100-150 names long. If we finish last, we know the guys we are going to take. Most likely one of Chychrun, Matthews, Puljujarvi or Laine (as much as I think he's overrated).

It's the PIT pick and later we need to worry about.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Dubois hype seems like a repeat of Barzal hype from last year, people picking a not so popular option just because
Barzal went 16th. Dubois isn't making it past 5th or 6th.
Barzal is 175. Dubois is 205lbs.
Barzal had 20 PIM. Dubois already has 103.
Barzal had 12 goals. Dubois has 38.

The similarities are overwhelming!

Dubois is rising because his production has increased as the season has gone on:
He has 74 points in his last 41 games. This is after starting with 17 in his first 18 games.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It is a tough call. Dubois has risen up the rankings for good reason and is a great choice at 4th overall. Would not have a complaint adding him to the forward group.

But, decided to go with Chychrun. I think the overall package there really is darn good. And yeah we do need more with the blueline going forward. But wouldn't rank that way purely on the need. Need offence and defence to get the wins and he's got them.

Though frankly, not too firmly locked in on anyone at this spot. It's pretty open between a few guys. But had to make a vote :).

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I voted Chychrun but I wouldn't cry if the Leafs decided to pick Dubois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad