Post-Game Talk: Leafs hear Pings all night lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The team is struggling down the stretch and needs to be reinvigorated.

I think the biggest issue is complacency. They really aren't playing for anything right now and it shows.

Which to me is the ongoing concern with this group: Athletes that are truly competitive hate to lose, even when the games are meaningless. This group clearly does not have that, at all. So again, as long as this core is this team's core, they're never winning anything.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
I think the biggest issue is complacency. They really aren't playing for anything right now and it shows.

Which to me is the ongoing concern with this group: Athletes that are truly competitive hate to lose, even when the games are meaningless. This group clearly does not have that, at all. So again, as long as this core is this team's core, they're never winning anything.
I also would have welcomed a little adversity down the stretch for the group instead of coasting into the playoffs.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I don’t think they played that bad. Bunch of posts. Samsonov lets in 2 wristers from the blue line..
I keep watching replays to see where Samsonov was beat on the first goal. Did it actually go in, waist-high on his left side as he slides to his right? Like, sliding right out of the way, to let the puck just squeeze by him?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
As much as I've loved Sammy's resurgence this season maybe Woll taking the net back is what this team needs. I'm fine with either in the playoffs it just seems Woll has that extra gear in him to steal games.

Reactions: NVious

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I wonder of Jones will play any of the remaining games? He played well for most of his games and in my opinion should also be considered for some playoff starts.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Oh please. So the fact that the Leafs are never out of any game and never gives up....Keefe gets zero credit for that?

Not to mention, remember how much respect they got in the handshake line? How come Keefe doesn't get any credit for that?

I wonder of Jones will play any of the remaining games? He played well for most of his games and in my opinion should also be considered for some playoff starts.

In his last five starts he has posted an .885, .714, .871, .905 and .885 save percentage.

It would be absolutely insanity to have him start a playoff game.

Reactions: CDN24

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Wow Keefe was pretty disgusted with the defensive effort last night post game.

"I didn't like anybody tonight"

Reactions: Smif

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I would be okay with them landing in the metro division.
Leafs/Rangers is a long time overdue. Leafs/Bruins might be good but they'd be in our heads if they beats us again. Leafs/Panthers might be over quick unless the new additions help the core show up for the battle.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I thought Benoit was easily our best defenceman. Keefe has to find a way to keep him in there or he’s more incompetent than I thought.
Keefe is afraid to show any balls and actually do what's necessary to win, Scratching Brodie or at the very least have him in sheltered role -- There's 0 accountability on this team and it starts on the Head Coach icing the best lineup.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Not to mention, remember how much respect they got in the handshake line? How come Keefe doesn't get any credit for that?

In his last five starts he has posted an .885, .714, .871, .905 and .885 save percentage.

It would be absolutely insanity to have him start a playoff game.
He was 11-7-1 with 2 shut outs and .907 percentage. Nothing great, but certainly not bad when comparing to many other starting goaltenders in the league.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
All these graphs and stats and yet always the same results. Eventually people will get that eye test is important.

Scoring chance graphs and stats can be like nutritional facts that come with your food: informative yes, but won’t tell you much about how the meal was prepared, how it looks, how it tasted and whether you enjoyed it or threw up afterwards.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
In absent of Marner, need and needed more out of Matthews. Not just getting chances, but holding on to the puck, controlling the zone, dictacting the plays.

Clearly the team misses Marner. He does so many things right in a game. Not just an offensive force, he creates spaces for others. There's an aura of control when he has the puck

Matthews can be that guy, just chooses not to. He's getting paid way too much money to be one trick poney

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I keep watching replays to see where Samsonov was beat on the first goal. Did it actually go in, waist-high on his left side as he slides to his right? Like, sliding right out of the way, to let the puck just squeeze by him?

I wondered whether Edmundson moved to not get hit by the shot?

1710944135206.png

1710944182234.png

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Keefe is afraid to show any balls and actually do what's necessary to win, Scratching Brodie or at the very least have him in sheltered role -- There's 0 accountability on this team and it starts on the Head Coach icing the best lineup.
it happened last year as well.
I thought it was on purpose but come playoff time, he'd ice the best team.
He didn't.
Social Media is what got Holl to sit games, not the coach.
Likely the same thing happens to Brodie.
But we have a first round exit because of it.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad