Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed Rich Clune to an NHL contract.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
They basically recalled him to make him a healthy scratch.

There's no point exposing players like Panik to waivers just to make them healthy scratches.

This is the key here.

You have a full line-up already and you have to make sure 100% that you wouldn't lose any of the other prospects that you want to call up.

I'm surprised it wasn't Arcobello, but he's been a huge help to that Marlies team and with Nylander off to the World Juniors, probably wanted a little support at centre.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This is the key here.

You have a full line-up already and you have to make sure 100% that you wouldn't lose any of the other prospects that you want to call up.

I'm surprised it wasn't Arcobello, but he's been a huge help to that Marlies team and with Nylander off to the World Juniors, probably wanted a little support at centre.

I'm guessing they have quite a few waiver exempt prospects on the Marlies.

I bet some of them could even play a shift or two in the NHL.

Well, if Clune is just a healthy scratch, maybe this is a Christmas bonus for signing with the Leafs?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I believe it's 30 days. So if he got called up, he would need to be put on waivers to be sent down again

My understanding was that you only need to go through waivers again if you come up for more than 30 days/x # of games (can't remember what it is, maybe 10?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad