Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed forward Jeremy Bracco to an ELC

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

I've seen him play. Many times. I'd rather rely on articles detailing his history by those who coached or trained him than speculations over his character based on what I perceive is lacking.

I also think his offensive development is fine. His defensive skills will be addressed next year. If no progress is made in the AHL then let the "we could have had Konecny" bonanza begin. I will humbly step aside and let the e-fury unfold.

complaining about konecny because of bracco is stupid he was the lowest pick we got in the trade ie a bonus. While Dermott is ready for at least a bottom pairing role right now and likely makes it next year.
bottom pairing D > 0.45PPG "scoring" forward. Dermott is trending top4 D

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
complaining about konecny because of bracco is stupid he was the lowest pick we got in the trade ie a bonus. While Dermott is ready for at least a bottom pairing role right now and likely makes it next year.

Yep. Completely agree with you.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats..! Hope he works out.. and continues to work on his defensive game..

windsor-ontario-february-02-2017-windsor-spitfires-jere.jpeg

Jeremy Bracco
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Mar 17 1997 -- Freeport, NY
20 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 190

RECENT STATS: (*up to March 22nd 2017)

2015-16 - Boston College - H-East - NCAA
5 Games... 0 Goals... 3 Assists... 3 Points... +3
-------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - Kitchener Rangers - OHL
49 Games... 21 Goals... 43 Assists... 64 Points... +15 *PPG+
2016 OHL PLAYOFFS
9 Games... 3 Goals... 11 Assists... 14 Points... +/- 0 *PPG+
*2016-17 - Kitchener Rangers - OHL
27 Games... 17 Goals... 34 Assists... 51 Points... +15 *PPG+
*2016-17 - Windsor Spitfires - OHL
30 Games... 8 Goals... 24 Assists... 32 Points... -2 *PPG+

Blue Dream: Jeremy Bracco Extended 2015-16 & 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Congrats..! Hope he works out.. and continues to work on his defensive game..

windsor-ontario-february-02-2017-windsor-spitfires-jere.jpeg

Jeremy Bracco
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Mar 17 1997 -- Freeport, NY
20 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 190

RECENT STATS: (*up to March 22nd 2017)

2015-16 - Boston College - H-East - NCAA
5 Games... 0 Goals... 3 Assists... 3 Points... +3
2015-16 - Kitchener Rangers - OHL
49 Games... 21 Goals... 43 Assists... 64 Points... +15 *PPG+
2016 OHL PLAYOFFS
9 Games... 3 Goals... 11 Assists... 14 Points... +/- 0 *PPG+
*2016-17 - Kitchener Rangers - OHL
27 Games... 17 Goals... 34 Assists... 51 Points... +15 *PPG+
*2016-17 - Windsor Spitfires - OHL
30 Games... 8 Goals... 24 Assists... 32 Points... -2 *PPG+

Blue Dream: Jeremy Bracco Extended 2015-16 & 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

look at that long hair, Lou will be straight on the phone about that. You think lou has a problem with long hair because he has no hair?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I watched him every Friday night for a year and a half in Kitchener and i can honestly say the kid is amazing. The way he carries the puck and his vision of the ice are a joy to watch. Get excited Leafs fans!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
look at that long hair, Lou will be straight on the phone about that. You think lou has a problem with long hair because he has no hair?

No.. It's an old boys club, long time used method for instilling dominance over others.. and evening out everyone, so that they think more like a "team" (equals).. and less as individuals (on the ice, of course).. (imo)..

I also think it's outdated.. and actually has no place in a world where we are suppose to accept everyone's differences..

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

That's the thing right there Walshy, if Dermott turns into a top 4 defender, that's a win for us because that trumps a top 6 forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I watched him every Friday night for a year and a half in Kitchener and i can honestly say the kid is amazing. The way he carries the puck and his vision of the ice are a joy to watch. Get excited Leafs fans!

He's definitely got sky high potential. I've read a lot of good things about his work ethic on and off the ice to take the next step. Those sort of things should go well with his elite skill level.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That's the thing right there Walshy, if Dermott turns into a top 4 defender, that's a win for us because that trumps a top 6 forward.

yeah and I believe Dermot is going to be a top4 D man he is very good and somehow underrated But even as a bottom pair dman I take that all day over what Konecny is currently doing. Konecny outside of a blistering start has 1 more point than Zach Hyman (in 11 less games mind you) that isn't a top6 forward, we have better prospects marinating in the minors anyone crying about not getting Konecny is delusional.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

His hair looks tidy in that photo....Its way grosser and shaggier at this point.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No.. It's an old boys club, long time used method for instilling dominance over others.. and evening out everyone, so that they think more like a "team" (equals).. and less as individuals (on the ice, of course).. (imo)..

I also think it's outdated.. and actually has no place in a world where we are suppose to accept everyone's differences..

I think the low numbers annoy me more. Nylander wanted to wear a certain number (cant remember if it was 88 or 92) same as his Dad surely honoring your family is a honourable trait to be commended, but even if that weren't the case who cares about numbers let them wear whatever they want 93 for Marner would be great too. I really would of liked to see what would of happened had Matthews # been 77 or something would they really fight him on that? as it goes luckily 34 falls in the range

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I think the low numbers annoy me more. Nylander wanted to wear a certain number (cant remember if it was 88 or 92) same as his Dad surely honoring your family is a honourable trait to be commended, but even if that weren't the case who cares about numbers let them wear whatever they want 93 for Marner would be great too. I really would of liked to see what would of happened had Matthews # been 77 or something would they really fight him on that? as it goes luckily 34 falls in the range

Considering the salaries they are getting for their ages.., I think they should be happy with everything, until they have proved themselves to be permanent stars of the team.. Maybe in three years, they will be able to have any number/style they want to..

Just play good hockey... and good things happen..

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Considering the salaries they are getting for their ages.., I think they should be happy with everything, until they have proved themselves to be permanent stars of the team.. Maybe in three years, they will be able to have any number/style they want to..

Babs is that you?

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Glad to see we signed our saviour. He will take us to the promise land!! 2017-2018 Calder cup champions Toronto Marlies!! Has a good ring to it.

For real though, I hope the kid pans out. It'd be fun seeing him and Marner trying to one up each other on a nightly basis. He's got skills out the ass and he's finally looking a bit bigger on the ice. He's been in great shape all season long so far.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

and that is fine a good way to go about it actually, I believe Lou's number and hair philosophy applies to every single player on his roster though. Matt Martin had to cut his hair he should be able to do as he pleases.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs might have a lot of really young rookies on they Marlies next year. Excuse my spelling
Bracco, Brooks, Grundstrom, Koralov, Dsjerins, DesRoches, Walder., plus some of the guys currently on the team that are just second years pros.
I could be wrong but that seems young for an AHL team.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

They retired #93 for Gilmour though.

And I thought it was Nylander's decision not to take 92, something about not feeling ready, or maybe I'm wrong.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
They retired #93 for Gilmour though.

And I thought it was Nylander's decision not to take 92, something about not feeling ready, or maybe I'm wrong.

haha how the **** did i forget that 93 was retired. I dont think it was nylanders choice, no one is higher than 51

Mar 12, 2009
Shouldn't surprise anyone.

He's had a great year (he dip in production post trade I think had a lot more to do with the new team's troubles than with him). He's also made a few visits to the Leafs facilities over the season too - so clearly management likes him.

Not sure if he'll end up with The Lead or will eventually be a trade asset, but the kids skill has "boom" written all over it.

You could also say his success had a bit to do with Mascherin if we're going to discuss team factors. They were dynamite together.

I love his offesnive skill set, but he has enough question marks from what I've seen of him over his two seasons in Kitchener to be a bit more even-keeled on my assessment of him. He's improved some things, but a lot of his flaws have seen little improvement which concerns me for the next level.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
babs' dad?

we had braccos step granddad in here to start the season.
I'm still here. Reading all the stuff about my grandson and taking all in. Realize he needs to improve his defensive abilities but don't think he gets enough credit for making the players around him better. Would have loved to have seen him play with a healthy Logan brown. Think they would have lit up the scoreboard like he did with mash. All I know is when his line is on the ice they seem to have a lot of movement and scoring chances. The kid has always been one of the top point getters in very league he has played in and the family is very proud of his accomplishments to date. Also lets stop calling him small. Is still growing an is now 5'11" and about 185 lbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad