Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed forward Jeremy Bracco to an ELC

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Not surprising. We still had another 2 years we could have waited out, but it would of been pointless. Realistically, he won't play with the Marlies this year, as Windsor is hosting the Memorial Cup, so even if they are knocked out in round 1, they will keep the team around to practice until the tournament.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I was a little worried they wouldn't be able to sign him before they lost his rights. I believe that would have happened in June?

Either way, should be interesting to see how he does in the AHL next season.

No. McKenzie talked about this a couple months ago and said his rights would still belong to us beyond this year.

Anyways, no matter now.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I was a little worried they wouldn't be able to sign him before they lost his rights. I believe that would have happened in June?

Either way, should be interesting to see how he does in the AHL next season.
Nope, was drafted out of the USHL and played a college game, we had his rights til August of 2019.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Should be interesting to see how he does with the Marlies next season. He's super talented but will need to keep developing his game.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Good asset management. Too bad he didn't just stay 3-4 years in college though, that would have given us a free look see. As it stands he'll join the Marlies and they can keep a close watch on him. Great thing is he's a bonus in terms of what the big club needs.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Guy's gonna rip up the AHL. (As long as he doesn't get early season Timashov minutes)

seems like a thing we're doing now, I think Bracco gets the same checking line minutes that Timashov/Johnsson/Kapanen got in their first years with the Marlies. He needs to learn defense anyway so he probably benefits greatly from it

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Shouldn't surprise anyone.

He's had a great year (he dip in production post trade I think had a lot more to do with the new team's troubles than with him). He's also made a few visits to the Leafs facilities over the season too - so clearly management likes him.

Not sure if he'll end up with The Lead or will eventually be a trade asset, but the kids skill has "boom" written all over it.

member 262271

Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing him play for the Marlies next year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Shouldn't surprise anyone.

He's had a great year (he dip in production post trade I think had a lot more to do with the new team's troubles than with him). He's also made a few visits to the Leafs facilities over the season too - so clearly management likes him.

Not sure if he'll end up with The Lead or will eventually be a trade asset, but the kids skill has "boom" written all over it.

Seems like the perfect type of prospect to send to a team struggling to kick off a rebuild.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Not surprising. We still had another 2 years we could have waited out, but it would of been pointless. Realistically, he won't play with the Marlies this year, as Windsor is hosting the Memorial Cup, so even if they are knocked out in round 1, they will keep the team around to practice until the tournament.

If they didn't sign him, where would he play? Could they sign him to a Marlies contract instead of an ELC or something?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Alright, we'll see what happens with him. I'm not very high on him at this point, despite his undeniable skillset. There are still a lot of holes in his game. I expect he'll need at least 2-3 years with the Marlies before getting a sniff of the NHL

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->