Post-Game Talk: Leafs hand Vegas a free win - 4-3 OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I’m implying you don’t give him max money on a 5 yr deal, the play was either a beidge of 2/3 years since he doesn’t want to give you term. Dubas as the GM has all the leverage, and gave matthews the term AND the money. Poor negotiating
For me Marner was the one who should have been squeezed, but that's water under the bridge now.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
no it's the opinion you get when you don't give a player that almost always sucks anu slack because he doesn't deserve it.

I can count the number of times Kallgren has been good in his career on one hand with fingers left over
that's fine but Kallgren wasn't the problem last game, he got us a point

Reactions: willmma

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know What's funny? When I posted that Andersen wasn't the reason Carolina everybody said he was because he had an 850 save%

Kallgren was even worse at 800 yet It's not his fault.

That boys and girls is called being a hypocrite

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You know What's funny? When I posted that Andersen wasn't the reason Carolina everybody said he was because he had an 850 save%

You hate Kallgren , we understand. Who would say "LEAFANFORLIFE23" dont like me so i have to say no to the opportunity to play goalie for the leafs.

I would say "hell yeah" and i can only skate in one direction. And would probably get killed by the first shoot on goal.

U cant seriously compare a supposed 1st goalie to a AHL backup. Most of us dont expect Kallgren to catch a beachball so when he does well above that, and we win or get a point. we are all happy. If we loose in regulation, then it will all be KGs fault again , dont u worry.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You hate Kallgren , we understand. Who would say "LEAFANFORLIFE23" dont like me so i have to say no to the opportunity to play goalie for the leafs.

I would say "hell yeah" and i can only skate in one direction. And would probably get killed by the first shoot on goal.

U cant seriously compare a supposed 1st goalie to a AHL backup. Most of us dont expect Kallgren to catch a beachball so when he does well above that, and we win or get a point. we are all happy. If we loose in regulation, then it will all be KGs fault again , dont u worry.

Yes I do tend to hate players that suck that's how that works.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
We lost because he didn’t make enough saves but I don’t blame Kallgren for the loss……..he played to what he is, a 4th string goalie. However we all know who put the team in the position to have to use a 4th string goalie.
there is the real problem

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Dubas injured Murray, Samsonov and Woll all at the same time? What a savage!

Jack Campbell is healthy, should've kept him...
Nobody is saying that we should have kept Campbell so why do you use that to deflect from the obvious fact that Dubas should never ever gotten an often injured fragile Murray……….he only lasted 1 game. It seems everyone but Shanny and Dubas didn’t see that coming

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Nobody is saying that we should have kept Campbell so why do you use that to deflect from the obvious fact that Dubas should never ever gotten an often injured fragile Murray……….he only lasted 1 game. It seems everyone but Shanny and Dubas didn’t see that coming
Murray also didn't see it coming! He even stated in his interview that it came out of nowhere! How did he not know he would get injured?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yes I do tend to hate players that suck that's how that works.
I hate management and coaches that suck. Players if asked should not say no to play. who will play instead of him? Will that dude be better? If he sucks why aint another goalie put in his place. Because he refuses?

No it is because of the management, coaches etc.

It is like trying to hammer in a screw and hating it for not acting like a nail. Pointless.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Nobody is saying that we should have kept Campbell
Actually quite a few said that this summer. Shows the dangers of claiming you're right too prematurely.
so why do you use that to deflect from the obvious fact that Dubas should never ever gotten an often injured fragile Murray……
That's not obvious or a fact at all. There were valid reasons to acquire Murray, and we are like 5% of the way through the Murray as a Leaf story, and about 70 games away from the biggest reason we acquired him. Our goalie with injury concerns got injured, and our goalie without injury concerns got injured. News flash: players, especially goalies, get injured. And Murray is soon to be back. Lets let things play out before we start declaring things failures because they missed 10 early regular season games.

Last season, we got -21 GSAx goaltending. This season, for the record, we're on pace for +20.5.

Reactions: kb

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This board it too big for it to ever be 'nobody' but the vast majority had no interest in that contract.
There always seems to be the weird deflections whenever there is a perceived criticism.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

You know what's funny? Someone who blames the goalie in a game where he played will despite his teammates hanging him out to dry several times against one of the best teams in the league, but won't give him any credit for a .973 save % in his two previous games, also against top teams.

That, boys and girls, is called being a hypocrite.

You would almost think he just looked at the stats and didn't actually watch the game.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Murray also didn't see it coming! He even stated in his interview that it came out of nowhere! How did he not know he would get injured?
That may be so but the guy is injured so often you had to expect it

This board it too big for it to ever be 'nobody' but the vast majority had no interest in that contract.
There always seems to be the weird deflections whenever there is a perceived criticism.
Good point…..poor choice of word on my part

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Actually quite a few said that this summer. Shows the dangers of claiming you're right too prematurely.

That's not obvious or a fact at all. There were valid reasons to acquire Murray, and we are like 5% of the way through the Murray as a Leaf story, and about 70 games away from the biggest reason we acquired him. Our goalie with injury concerns got injured, and our goalie without injury concerns got injured. News flash: players, especially goalies, get injured. And Murray is soon to be back. Lets let things play out before we start declaring things failures because they missed 10 early regular season games.

Last season, we got -21 GSAx goaltending. This season, for the record, we're on pace for +20.5.
It is pretty obvious if you have your eyes open.
I have no problem With Samsonov and I actually like him..
As far as Murray being back soon I’m putting the over under at him only last 6 games

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
That may be so but the guy is injured so often you had to expect it

Good point…..poor choice of word on my part
I agree with you but that fact that he stated he didn't see the injury coming was funny to me. I'm sure Sammy didn't see his knee injury coming!

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I agree with you but that fact that he stated he didn't see the injury coming was funny to me. I'm sure Sammy didn't see his knee injury coming!
Again correct but I haven’t heard anything that indicates Samsonov has a injury history so I’m sure that his injury was not foreseen

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It is pretty obvious if you have your eyes open.
I have no problem With Samsonov and I actually like him..
As far as Murray being back soon I’m putting the over under at him only last 6 games
It's not obvious at all. You have no idea how the Murray as a Leaf story will turn out. It's funny how all summer it was only playoffs matter (and of all players, it's probably most relevant to Murray), and now we're calling things failures based on 10 regular season games in which you haven't even seen him play.

You like the goalie you have seen, you haven't really seen the other goalie other than pre-season where he looked good, and the overall goaltending we've received this year is massively better than last year, so what exactly is the problem?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It's not obvious at all. You have no idea how the Murray as a Leaf story will turn out. It's funny how all summer it was only playoffs matter (and of all players, it's probably most relevant to Murray), and now we're calling things failures based on 10 regular season games in which you haven't even seen him play.

You like the goalie you have seen, you haven't really seen the other goalie other than pre-season where he looked good, and the overall goaltending we've received this year is massively better than last year, so what exactly is the problem?
You seem really defensive over this.

Dubas' new goalie acquisition getting hurt after only 1 game is a terrible look for him, no matter how you try and play it off.

Reactions: Al14

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Dubas' new goalie acquisition getting hurt after only 1 game is a terrible look for him
I mean, it's obviously not a good thing to be injured, but a player missing 10 early regular season games does not automatically make acquiring that player a disaster.

Dubas' new goalie acquisitions are a combined +3.4 GSAx so far. That's a good thing.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
NamePOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Jeremy SwaymanG05-NovInjured Reserve
Ben BishopG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Frederik AndersenG11-NovDay-To-Day
Alex StalockG07-NovInjured ReserveStalock (concussion) was placed on injured reserve Monday.
Jake OettingerG09-NovDay-To-Day
Mike SmithG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Jacob InghamG19-OctInjured ReserveIngham underwent successful back surgery Tuesday, per John Hoven of Mayor's Manor.
Carey PriceG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Vitek VanecekG11-NovDay-To-Day
Mackenzie BlackwoodG08-NovOut
Jonathan BernierG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Philipp GrubauerG31-OctInjured ReserveGrubauer (lower body) is consider to be week-to-week, Andy Eide of the Kraken's official site reports.
Chris DriedgerG24-SepInjured Reserve
Ilya SamsonovG08-NovInjured ReserveSamsonov (knee) was on the ice Tuesday, per Terry Koshan of The Toronto Sun.
Matt MurrayG08-NovInjured ReserveMurray (groin) was on the ice Tuesday, David Alter of Sports Illustrated reports.
Joseph WollG11-OctInjured Reserve
Robin LehnerG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
NamePOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Jeremy SwaymanG05-NovInjured Reserve
Ben BishopG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Frederik AndersenG11-NovDay-To-Day
Alex StalockG07-NovInjured ReserveStalock (concussion) was placed on injured reserve Monday.
Jake OettingerG09-NovDay-To-Day
Mike SmithG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Jacob InghamG19-OctInjured ReserveIngham underwent successful back surgery Tuesday, per John Hoven of Mayor's Manor.
Carey PriceG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Vitek VanecekG11-NovDay-To-Day
Mackenzie BlackwoodG08-NovOut
Jonathan BernierG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Philipp GrubauerG31-OctInjured ReserveGrubauer (lower body) is consider to be week-to-week, Andy Eide of the Kraken's official site reports.
Chris DriedgerG24-SepInjured Reserve
Ilya SamsonovG08-NovInjured ReserveSamsonov (knee) was on the ice Tuesday, per Terry Koshan of The Toronto Sun.
Matt MurrayG08-NovInjured ReserveMurray (groin) was on the ice Tuesday, David Alter of Sports Illustrated reports.
Joseph WollG11-OctInjured Reserve
Robin LehnerG07-NovInjured ReserveIR-LT
Clearly this shows that every GM is an idiot.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know what's funny? Someone who blames the goalie in a game where he played will despite his teammates hanging him out to dry several times against one of the best teams in the league, but won't give him any credit for a .973 save % in his two previous games, also against top teams.

That, boys and girls, is called being a hypocrite.

You would almost think he just looked at the stats and didn't actually watch the game.

One of those games wasn't a game it was 1 period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad