GDT: Leafs@Flyers 7PM SNO (8:08 puck drop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I was honestly more excited to watch games back in the Kessel days.

I was never really the type of person to complain about coaching.

I was always overly optimistic about the Leafs even when they were bad.

It's just painful watching Babcock castrate such a talented offense.

I've waited so long for a roster like this... and it's just painful watching it all be squandered by a HORRIBLE coach.
Its painful seeing such a horrible post.. Babcock did not tell anyone to not to score, he just shows them how to play some defence. If playing reliably defensively means you can no longer score then maybe you arent so offensively talented after all. Maybe you should start complaining about the players instead of the coach. The lack of goal scoring is due to Nylander/Marner sophomore slumps and a young team learning to play real hockey.

Reactions: iliketheteam

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
The only thing is that it isn't really a 2nd year rebuild
People's definition of the rebuild is always different but 2 seasons ago we finished 30th place and everybody would have been happy to make playoffs the following 2 seasons. Now that we are here people want more. People always want more.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I see our Leafs as being polite visitors!

They'll likely gift the Flyers with 2 points when they leave this Lindros celebration game. They may reluctantly allow the Flyers to let them leave with 1 point.

Incoming Babcock desired result... 2-1 Flyers in OT!

Reactions: dsred

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I see our Leafs as being polite visitors!

They'll likely gift the Flyers with 2 points when they leave this Lindros celebration game. They may reluctantly allow the Flyers to let them leave with 1 point.

Incoming Babcock desired result... 2-1 Flyers in OT!
With Komarov, Hyman and Polak playing the entire OT until a goal is scored.

Reactions: Al14

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Am I the only one who would rather have Borgman than Polak as the 6th d?
I hope Dermott isn't the odd man out when Zaitsev is back.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well let's get ready for this next one. Probably status quo though. Should get a decent defensive effort, great work by Andersen, score 1 or 2 goals, and find a way to lose.

But hey, they could surprise. Andersen could just stop everything coming his way :). Has been rock solid.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
People's definition of the rebuild is always different but 2 seasons ago we finished 30th place and everybody would have been happy to make playoffs the following 2 seasons. Now that we are here people want more. People always want more.
can you blame them? its been 50 years since we won a cup and we haven't done anything in the past 14 years.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Always find this rebuttal comical.

Most of the patient people here only started watching the team a couple decades ago!

;)

Most here have no idea what patience is.
At least you've seen a cup win. I moved to Canada in '72

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Most of the patient people here only started watching the team a couple decades ago!

;)

Not meant as a rebutal. Many fans seem to be questioning Babs coaching decisions and after reading DJs post I just though that it was causing many of them lots of pain. When Babs originally said it, I never envisioned his decision making being the root cause of the pain :)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

;)

I started watching them in 1971. Seen it all. Heard it all. Bad coaches good coaches. Babcock will produce a playoff performer every year he's here. That's good enough for me. Winning a Cup seems like science fiction after a lifetime of watching other teams find better players in the draft, in free agency, and in trades. I'm patient because impatient takes us to the perennial loser stage again and that's getting old like me. :)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Flyers can go f*** themselves for the 68 minute delay. their fans are probably going to get bored in 2 minutes anyway and start throwing whatever they get their hands on like they classless morons they are

iliketheteam

Jan 10, 2018
sort by ATOI

among forwards:

1. Matthews
2. Hyman
3. Marleau
4. Komarov

It's ridiculous that Hyman and Komarov have more time on the ice than guys like Nylander and Marner.

Does that hold true if you take PK out and only look at EV and PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad